Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005
I LIKED the Ori arc, especially the last few episodes of it and Ark. Speaking of the movies, though, was that the actual actor who played Ra in Continuum or was that just another black guy they wanted us to think was Ra?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005

Yehudis Basya posted:

They tackle equality questions much better in other episodes (like that one planet where O'Neil unwittingly participates in genocide). They fail miserably in this one.

Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. The one with Rene Aberjonois' cloner faction versus the reproducers?

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005

spronk posted:

I remember long after watching B5 reading some internet forums about how Michael O'Hare (Sinclair) and Jerry Doyle (Garibaldi) hated each other, and how Michael hit on Jerry's first wife (who played Talia! haha) and how Garibaldi wouldn't appear on screen with him so the creator had to make scenes that split them up:

http://www.sffchronicles.co.uk/forum/39270-the-untold-truth-about-michael-ohare.html

Hahaha, god. Jerry Doyle is a dick, you need look no further than the fact that he's a right-wing radio hack.

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005
Yeah, no, Vala was awesome, Ben Browder was awesome, and the loving Supergate and those Ori fuckoff Death Star IIs were amazing.

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005
Yeah, poor Odo, he got splatted on the Iris. :(

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005

Strom Cuzewon posted:

So was Lexx, doesn't stop goons singing it's praises all the time.

NOBODY sings its praises; we all, who have seen it, admit it is TERRIBLE, but sometimes it's tolerable due to the complete insanity of it and fun therein.

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005

goldjas posted:

Wow I completely forgot what Lexx is but people talk about it in this thread I remember seeing it as a fairly young kid/maybe teenager.

I remember not liking the show much then and thinking bad on it now it was...pretty drat bad.

Also up to season 7 in my watching of SG-1, overall good show so far.

Lexx had some stuff that was marginally okay, and some poo poo that made you want to tear your own eyes out in agony. Brigadoom is one of those episodes, for if you care to check it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005

Nate Falls posted:

Hey, so I'm marathoning SG1 on Netflix. Are there seasons I should skip?

Nope.