Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meatbag
Apr 2, 2007
Clapping Larry
Will you be stealing better equipment when its available? I havent played this game for almost a decade, and I still remember the enemies in Midgar that you can steal better weapons and armor from :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatbag
Apr 2, 2007
Clapping Larry
There is an enemy in the amusement park desert (on the world map) who uses it.

ed: are spell names considered spoilers?

meatbag
Apr 2, 2007
Clapping Larry

The White Dragon posted:

Mods is interesting, fo' sho'.

Personally I've always wondered what the hell is up with the Initial Equip weapons--especially the part about why you can't sell them, but why they also only show up on Cloud and Barret as if they were special. I have no idea where to start looking for a thing like that, but I'm sure it has less to do with programming stuff and more to do with scrapped ideas.

I've always thought it was because you see Cloud using the Buster Sword and Barret firing his gun in cutscenes: having them in the inventory would somehow explain how the randomly pulled them out (Barret can get melee weapons, so he needs an arm machine gun in the inventory)

meatbag
Apr 2, 2007
Clapping Larry
Please change the window color back to default :ohdear:

meatbag
Apr 2, 2007
Clapping Larry
If you didn't steal enough Carbon Bangles for the party members you are going to get before you can buy them in a store, you didn't steal correctly :colbert:

meatbag
Apr 2, 2007
Clapping Larry

swamp waste posted:

Are magic hammer, big guard, and bad breath gonna trivialize the rest of the game for me? I'm up to mid disc 2 and they sure have so far

I dunno the enemy skills seem to have been "balanced" by obscurity or difficulty of getting them. Without a guide the only way you'd see magic hammer or big guard is by manipulating basically every enemy (and a failed roll looks exactly the same as trying it on something invulnerable to it) and casting all their poo poo on yourself.

Yup, probably. If it's any consolation, a lot of things trivialize the rest of the game :v:

meatbag
Apr 2, 2007
Clapping Larry
I really enjoy the boss battles as well. If i were to request something, it might be to show off some insane materia combos, but that might not be until later when you get more of the fun materias.

meatbag
Apr 2, 2007
Clapping Larry
Cid could fire a laser from his cigarette.

meatbag
Apr 2, 2007
Clapping Larry
Will you go back and pick up what you forgot? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatbag
Apr 2, 2007
Clapping Larry

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Okay, on that train of thought - what exactly do the mako showers that SOLDIER's get do? Irradiate them with knowledge? A squad goes in for their shower, they come out as an architect, a pastry chef, two master brewers and a professional dog breeder.

It's called SOLDIER, not SOLDIERS. Clearly, they get one good soldier every 500th shower or so. The chefs, brewers and so on gets a blue uniform and are told to stop bullets/swords/combs with their faces.

• Locked thread