Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
If there were one thing I could change about FFVII's battle system, I'd give the characters unique abilities like the ones in FFVI. As it is, outside of limits and weapon-inherent long range the characters play fairly similarly and end up feeling more like materia platforms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Some Numbers posted:

"R66-Y? That's awful, he needs a better name."
"R66-Y...That's PERFECT. That's your new name!"

:v: I love breaking continuity and making Marle sound retarded.
Did that and also named Marle "Nadia" and Frogn "Glenn."

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Spielmeister posted:

I don't think it happened when the game first came out, at least it didn't for me the first time around. A lot of the big problems didn't come about until people started playing it on Windows XP.
I had the problem back on Win 98.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Flash has its uses, even if limited ones. It's great for grinding the enemies near Mideel. Still annoying that leveling the materia up restricts its functionality, though,

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

So, what IS that one weird trick to not die?
Don't kick the blitzball that's secretly a bomb.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

bar88537 posted:

What's that comic? I missed it

Probably ObstinateMelon's retelling of FF7.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

VagueRant posted:

Also a lot of people started with Colour Of Magic - which is pretty much universally considered A Bad Idea - and didn't finish it or continue.
Yeah, a long time ago I thought I'd try to read some Pratchett because so many people seemed ga-ga for him but had a hard time figuring out where to actually start and ended up with the Color of Magic. I didn't find it all that interesting and dropped it partway through.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Woebin posted:

There are as many different opinions on where to start as there are Pratchett fans, but I do think you'd do well to give him another shot. Hogfather's one that most people like a lot, or Good Omens if you'd like something non-Discworld to start with. That one's by Pratchett and Gaiman together though, so if you've read Gaiman before you can probably determine based on your opinion of that whether you'd like it.
I've read Good Omens, and found it okay but not great. I think I find Pratchett's humor to be a bit too twee for my tastes.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

MikeJF posted:

How do you figure?

FMVs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Indeterminacy posted:

What about the relative emissions content of the energy generation processes? When you process Mako energy, what byproducts are there that you need to dispose of? Like, do you just burn up the consciousness bits of the lifestream, leaving a few spots of refuse emotions or physical compounds? How much carbon is there in a soul anyway?

Fire2 can't melt steel beams, maaaaan!

• Locked thread