Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I like the little doodle on the boss card, Elentor :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Cocky rear end in a top hat Cloud from the beginning of the game is the best Cloud :colbert:

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Bonsai Superstar posted:

Xenogears was when I realized that listening to the fanboys on the GameFAQs RPGs-Squaresoft board (I was in high school, shut up) was not a good idea. You know how overpriced that game was before it went Greatest Hits? Never finished disc 2. :sigh:

Xenogears is the only game I've ever played involving giant robots that I could not finish.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Murgos posted:

You wouldn't protect your girlfriend? I mean, all she does is 'date' you and what the hell is that worth?

She's not Cloud's girlfriend, though. To her, he's some dude who broke her roof and hosed up her garden.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

The Turks apparently got their own spin-off game, but apparently it was a Cell Phone game in Japan. Too bad, because no matter how lovely the FF7 EU has gotten, rollin' around the streets of Midgar with your buddies in bad-rear end suits, being smug-rear end secret agents would be cool as hell.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Lance Streetman posted:

It also had a bad-rear end remix of the Turk's Theme song

Thank you for this.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Dauntasa posted:

Crisis Core was okay. I mean, every time Genesis showed up I would stop paying attention and wait for him to shut the gently caress up, but the gameplay was fun and the story was interesting, even if it did get a bit Genesisy sometimes.

I've said it before, but the one Genesis cutscene worth watching is the one where he starts reciting that stupid play for the umpteenth time and even Sephiroth rolls his eyes and is all "Again, dude?"

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Super Ninja Fish posted:

I kept the same party, so RedVII does nothing but sit on the ship for the whole game. The same goes for Cait Sith, Cid, and Yuffie They were just hanger ons that stayed on the ship while the three main guys did everything.

How do you not take your awesome talking dog everywhere you go?

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Dauntasa posted:

Well, the main problem I always have in games like FF7 is that I get used to using the first three guys I get. I don't want to spend any time learning the strengths and weaknesses of some new guy when I already have a good team. That said, Cid is awesome and I put him in when I got him and kept him there for the rest of the game.

As much as I like Red, I certainly cannot argue with a team of Cloud, Barret, and Cid

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

eating only apples posted:

Cloud, Cait Sith and Cid :colbert:

You're dead to me.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

Yuffie's last limit break is awful, true. That's why you use DOOM OF THE LIVING instead.

Also, Tifa is a below-average character in combat and a goddamned terrible one everywhere else. She's neck-and-neck with Yuna as my least favorite FF love interest, which, holy poo poo, is some kind of accomplishment.

To be fair, Tifa wants to be the love interest, but really isn't

eating only apples posted:

nooo Crowetron I'm sorry :(

Deal with it :colbert:

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

FinalSin posted:

This thread is beginning to look like a released CIA file.

Shinra killed JFK :ssh:

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

If we ever have to vote on party members, this thread is gonna explode.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Elentor posted:

They're starting as soon as we can.

Preemptively voting Barret for all future votes.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Elentor posted:

God drat I need to update this soon.

You must have known this was coming when you decided to LP this game of all games.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Screaming Idiot posted:

I wanted to laugh. I really, really wanted to laugh. Instead I want to find these broken people and comfort them, talk to them, tell them everything will be all right. :smith:

I want to find those people and make sure poor RedChocobo isn't locked in their basement.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Woozy posted:

Zidane and Tidus were both "cheerful and upbeat" and it was horrible. :colbert:

Uh, what weird-rear end version of FF9 did you play where Zidane was not the greatest?

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

CaptainScraps posted:

Based on how Sephiroth just leaves his sword there, I'm going to assume he buys them on eBay, just like everyone else.

No joke, this is the one plot hole that bugged the poo poo outta me as a kid.

And I've never seen that concept art of the Shinra gang. I can hardly believe how loving bad-rear end Heidegger looks.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

To be fair, I was a pretty dumb kid.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Pfft, what kind of chump uses the Buster Sword beyond Shinra tower anyway? :smug:

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

TKMobile posted:

...So why DID he leave the sword there? Just to send the message that Billy Bishonen Badass is back in town?

It got stuck.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

You know what the Compliation needs?

Biggs and Wedge co-op third-person shooter prequel. Just a pure 3PS, not the half-rear end shooter/RPG poo poo DoC was.

I am still baffled that Barret didn't get his own shoot-em-up game. Don't you wanna play as Mr. T with a machine gun arm shooting the hell outta stuff? Of course, you do! Everyone wants to play that, that would be awesome!

But apparently Square-Enix hates money.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Given the way Tifa glances over her shoulder before bending down in the Mako Fountain scene, I always figured she was rooting around, looking for some materia to stealkeep as a memento.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

kalonZombie posted:

Also: Cloud, Red XIII, and Barret; AKA Team Sausagefest.

Gotta go with this. Talking dog AND Mr. T? How can you not use this team?

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Dallbun posted:

Re: the pros and cons of various teammates... To me, Red XIII is indisputably the worst character. Why? Because his model doesn't change at all when you change his weapon. :colbert:

On the other hand, Red is a talking dog and therefore one of the best characters.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

How can you not like Yuffie after seeing her menu portrait? Just look at that poo poo-eating grin! It's hilarious!

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Junon is the second best city in the entire franchise :colbert:

(the first best is Treno, because this)

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Y'all just don't appreciate some good ragtime. Shameful.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

sudonim posted:

Vivi/Steiner is a rare instance of combined attacks outside of Chrono Trigger.

Why don't more games let characters combine attacks? It's awesome.

The entire Suikoden series loves that poo poo.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Y'know, the whole 1/35 Soldier thing would be a complete non-issue if they just translated it as" Toy Soldier".

Rufus owns and is a more entertaining antagonist than Sephiroth ever was. :colbert:

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Pesky Splinter posted:

How the hell does Hojo get lucky with all those women? It boggles the mind.

The dude is rich as hell AND a doctor. And judging from Dirge of Cerberus, a stone cold pimp.

Hojo fuckin' rules.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Literally just noticed the belts on her sleeve. Can't say Nomura doesn't commit to a theme, christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

darealkooky posted:

Because when I think "daring high action thief who fights monsters and rides a hoverbike" I think tight fitting formal wear.

Of course Balthier wears formal wear. He is a gentleman :colbert:

• Locked thread