Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Gahmah posted:

10 and 12 are pretty much only ones that come to mind where the world is not in direct danger, 13 only threatens all of humanity.

10 involved getting out of horrible loving cycle setup by an old wizards grudge, while 12 involved... uh... mostly politics, but then they burned a bunch of money on that game, so they finished it with the cunning charismatic villain turning into Broly, then into super mecha god-airship-fusion Broly.

Also 12's villain wasn't all that bad considering he had a rogue spirit on him that wanted to actually save humanity and was using the villain to do it. Meanwhile the "good guys" had been contracted or something by the other spirits to kill the rogue spirit.

point is is that 12 was really loving confusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Vincent makes me think of Wakka from X in terms of combat ability. Thoroughly average but has a ranged weapon.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Elentor posted:

I'm 99% sure Wakka had the best overdrive in the game.

Oh certainly, but in straight-up combat they are the same. No outstanding stats besides accuracy which matters gently caress all beyond the early game.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

I've always found it funny how people reminisce about growing up with old-school rpgs like chrono trigger and the like. I grew up with Quake and Starcraft. Fun wasn't derived from a story but from destroying the guys next to you and laughing about it later.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Pesky Splinter posted:

Oh Vincent, what have the fangirls done to you!

Paid Square lots of money to emasculate him.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Left Ventricle posted:

It's worse than you think. She's four years old, not eight. I guess Japan has different views on leaving small children alone?

If anime has taught me anything it's that any kid over the age of 2 is smart enough to run a business.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

idonotlikepeas posted:

Detective... JOE, you say?

I'm thinking that's a whole 'nother ballpark.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Is it sad that I didn't realize that TSW cast was CGI when I saw it?

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

The Sharmat posted:

Do you have that rare brain disorder where the part of your brain that differentiates between faces doesn't work and you can't tell the difference between Elvis and Steve Buscemi?

given that I was 7 at the time...

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Yonic Symbolism posted:

Isn't Yuffie a missable character that some people didn't even get on their playthrough?
This is a substantial portion of the game, what happens if you didn't pick up Yuffie?

The place remains, the side-quest doesn't, but you can pick her up later.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

I think that Corneo isn't really good at this whole chick-napping thing.

In his mind it probably runs like...
Step 1: Get chick
Step 2: Bring her back with me
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Finally lose virginity

He doesn't even think about the girl's relations or that he might have to feed them. Also the fact that it hasn't worked out once yet.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Adus posted:

It's your job to team up with the enemy and do nothing yourself?

Economy's tough right now, you take what you can get :v:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Macaluso posted:

I don't want excuses, I want results! :colbert:

They did make that trailer that used the opening scene but was remade.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Guys, let's remember that this is a Final Fantasy 7 thread.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Pesky Splinter posted:

Don't look at the related videos!

Buster Sword usage IRL. With that guy.

The related videos to this one give out a major spoiler, so don't look if you haven't played the game:
And behold The power of Masamune!

I've always loved how the thing is more of a sword in name only.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Edit: Beaten over the head.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I thought it was a plain boat oar, not even carved. And I thought he didnt kill, just utterly humiliate with expert swordsmanship.

He killed, he was quite the rear end in a top hat.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

BenRGamer posted:

Probably for the best.

Yes it is. Read the Dark ID's LP of it for the full horror of an extremely badly thought out EU. But it's also got some spoilers if you haven't beaten this game.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Pesky Splinter posted:

You'd have thought they could have given her a magazine or something in there to pass the time. I mean I know she's headless, but she still has her eye-tit to be able to read. No wonder she went on a rampage, she was probably bored senseless.

So, Jenova is the Darkness? That makes a surprising amount of sense.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

One wonders why the "head" of the ninja clan fights by putting on a giant head that rotates. I can't imagine it would be super convenient if you had to put the thing on every time you wanted to fight.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I can explain how this happened

What happened? Never having played FF7 I'm confused.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Now I understand and rapt with attention shall I be for this .

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

It's kinda funny. I didn't 100% FF12 or anything, but I honestly can't remember anything except two boss fights. Granted I actually liked Balthier and a couple other characters, just none of it was extremely memorable.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Elentor posted:

I still have to finish Xenogears. I stopped halfway because I could not care less and nothing was making sense. Does it get any better?

The Dark Id did an lp of Xenogears so the rest of us could witness the dreaded 2nd part.

It doesn't.

Edit: or did you mean Xenosaga?

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

I love watching LL runs. Someone out there is punishing themselves so I can learn another way of beating a game.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

It looks like Barrel is giving CLOUD a piggyback ride. They really do love each other.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Elentor posted:

Super Dunk is indeed the correct way to make GP. Once you dodge lightning 200 times, everything else is a walk in the park.

That still brings up nightmares.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Ragequit posted:

Elentor, loving the updates. I am glad this thread split in to two LPs - they are both very interesting. What happened to the FFVII 8-bit LP that got a few posts here ages ago? I can't find where it was in the thread, but that was good stuff too.

Also, for the true FFVII fans, teemagnet just pointed me to this awesome Red XIII "moon" shirt. I bet there are a few people here that would wear this.

http://theyetee.com/

Those shirts are only sold for 72 hours. That design is already gone.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

I think that by this point, Taft is made of bruises and concussions.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

caleramaen posted:

I didn't say Ebay economics make sense, that's just what some people charge for it.

Funny the lengths they will go to to buy a physical copy because it's "authentic".

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Proof that Krogans make everything better.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Oh dear.

I for one thought that you were thought you were wanting to date Miss Concussion face

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Xander77 posted:

Isn't that the way things work in FFX?

Yes, but that was also meant to work something like this. What with the varying cutscenes and whatnot.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Canemacar posted:

Isn't Crisis Core the game that intro'd Gackt into the game universe as an actual character?

We don't talk about the EU. Unless it is to bash it.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

That guy really doesn't get Barret does he?

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

simplefish posted:

I just know that one day, I will say this aloud.

Lucky for you A-kon is this weekend. I'm sure you could find somebody to say it to there, whether you would make it back out is another question.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

That was pretty great. God the memories of those old lovely magazines with their colors and their 50% of being false tips.

Also holy crap Firefly reference while I had it playing in the background. How did you know?:tinfoil:

Brainamp fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jun 1, 2012

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Elentor posted:

(Also for those who were not following the stickied thread at games, I got hired by Badlands Studio after their successful Kickstarter campaign. Huzzah!)

Congratulations! What are they working on?

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

A materia called Meteor eh? I wonder what that does. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Valgaav posted:

Wonderful update, but I can't help but feel that something was missing. You forgot the Bosses Defeated Before They Could Do Their Gimmick counter!

[e]
Gurk! Suddenly, sheep. I meant Elentor's.

They didn't have a gimmick other than being big and did you not see Aeris/Cloud beating the poo poo out of them?

• Locked thread