Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.

S-Alpha posted:

I know I shouldn't bother defending the game, especially not here, but really, it isn't nearly as bad as people seem to think it is.

I have to agree with you on this point. There's been a lot of speculation and reviewing of the game over the years, but you are right: Most people miss the gradual changes the characters go through.

On another note, this LP is fantastic so far. I love all the little videos with boss strategy. It shows off some things I didn't know or I never tried. Elentor, will you be showing off some of the Enemy Skills you can learn later? Finding those was always the most fun I had with FFVII.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Dauntasa posted:

Was there a reason that stuff kept missing those Sahagins? They were dodging crap all over the place.

I don't know for sure, but I assume it's because of the "Fury" status. Fury lowers the character's accuracy and Sahagins have a little bit of natural evasion.

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

For the party, I'd like to see the same party I used during my most recent playthrough: Cloud, Barret, and Tifa.

Our upcoming character was always useful to me because she uses a long-range weapon. Way back when I played this for the first time, I put the Long Range materia on Cloud and put all those characters in the back row. It was a pretty sneaky way to make those physical enemies much easier.

• Locked thread