Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

The White Dragon posted:

Well that settles it, instead of making them an electric power company, Shinra should've initially been a foodservice corporation.

Well, to be fair, the socioeconomic effect is still the same. The people who don't need to rely on them for everyday life are the wealthy living on the upper plate. They get to bask in the sunlight, only needing to turn the power on at night.

The residents underneath; the slum dwellers and poor folk are dependent on them, as there is no sunlight. As well there is no escape from underneath Midgar due to the door and thick glass walls circling the city. It's like they're quarantined away from any kind of economical progress. So, seeing as there is no feasible alternative within their price range, they have to turn to Shin-Ra EPC in the same way real downtrodden people turn to McDonald's because healthy food costs so much more.

Man, that kind of makes it even more depressing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
e: ^^^^^ Yup. The cruelly shortly used intro to the Turks Theme was pretty much the highlight of the movie for me.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

The last fight, to me, was pretty unimpressive. The only one I really liked was the one in the church, and that's just because years of anime and games have made me gay for any fighting styles and fight scenes that emphasize kicks.

Hey, that guy-who-is-obsessed-with-his-sunglasses suplexing the other guy with the sideburns was pretty rad. Him just holding his own in general the whole fight was pretty rad.

Skaw fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jun 13, 2011

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Dr. Dos posted:

The best FF7 remix is without a doubt the one that combines the final boss music with Soulja Boy.

I always enjoyed that one. But I have to wonder under what circumstances do both songs play at relatively the same time, heard by the same ears, and someone realizes they line up so well.

Azure_Horizon posted:

While it may be linear, the rest of FFVII's world suffers from not being as awesome-looking as Midgar, or has nearly the same amount of atmosphere.

Yeah, Midgar is this amazing super city that you only really explore a very tiny fraction of. Everywhere else is pretty much a small rural town, at best.

Skaw fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jun 19, 2011

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
President Shinra.avi

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

YJT posted:

If Johnny left home in Nibelheim to go to Midgar then why do his parents live next to Tifa's bar in sector 7?

Because he couldn't find a job. And I guess living in the slums is cheaper than living in a mountain town.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Elentor posted:

Look, I'm no expert in holding guns, but there's something very wrong with this image here. Paging TFR:

Not a TFR poster but..

The whole index finger on the frame, middle finger on the trigger thing seems to be a character quirk given to Elena in the EU. However, it's entirely feasible. The RL technique is called "Point Shooting." It's a method for aiming and firing when you don't have the time or visibility to utilize sights. The theory behind it is about how the brain recognizes positioning with the fingers naturally, so you're literally shooting at whatever you happen to be pointing at.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Olibu posted:

The Cloud comparison is actually kind of depressing, for some reason.

To be fair, thats the artwork from Dissidia. A lot of the Hero characters have that bleak visage going in the artwork. The only ones that don't are pretty much the ones who are unusually upbeat to begin with(Tidus, Zidane, Laguna, etc.) Even the ones who are plot-wise the most determined just look like sad sacks in their portraits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Count Bleck posted:

The Clouds in both Kingdom Hearts and the Dissidia games are both depressed-at-all-times monotone sadsacks who just seem to have all the problems in the world and have lost all their loved ones forever.

Only time his emotions change in the Dissidia games is whenever he encounters Sephiroth, and even then, it's barely noticeable.

Cloud is probably the Michael Cera of Dissidia.

Yeah, even Squall is more emotional in Dissidia than Cloud is, especially the loving ending when the world is saved and you'd think everyone would be happy. Nope, not Cloud.

• Locked thread