Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Voting Barret and Aeris. The party is in desperate need of more machine-gun arms and sensible ladies.

So...FFVII was the first game I ever bought for the Playstation. I was young and stupid and I didn't know poo poo about memory cards, and most of the games I'd played up until that point had been fighting games or silly little short platformers. The idea of a save feature was utterly alien to me, to the point that my mind just sort of skipped the explanation in sector seven and anything I read in the booklet. I didn't even have a memory card, because I thought the Playstation was just going to do everything for me.

The first time I played this thing I got all the way out of Midgar, saw the Sephiroth flashback sequence (and thought it was awesome), and then two minutes after that wrapped up I ran into the Zolom and died. Hello title screen!

I couldn't even be mad at myself. I just sort of wandered around my house in shock for a few hours.

The next day I snagged a memory card and then I did it right. Dumb as hell I may have been, but I was loving tenacious.

Desumaytah fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jul 14, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
I got stuck at one point in Chrono Cross because I didn't realize that buying new weapons was better than endlessly upgrading older, poo poo weapons.

It also had probably my favorite soundtrack of any game, ever.

• Locked thread