Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowman Crossing
Dec 4, 2009

Morby posted:

I could continue. For the most part, these people have been called out for being crazy morons and there have been some legit concerns about Cam not rushing himself back too soon but c'mon, really? Derek Anderson has one good game in TYOOL 2014 and you wanna make him the starter?

I think this happens in every market. There was an appreciable segment of Lions fans at the start of this season who were all-in with starting Kellen Moore this season, and they're probably still singing that tune even after the public beating on Monday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Snowman Crossing posted:

I think this happens in every market. There was an appreciable segment of Lions fans at the start of this season who were all-in with starting Kellen Moore this season, and they're probably still singing that tune even after the public beating on Monday.

I avoid team forums, but I can't imagine a Hawks fan in the world who thinks Jackson is the answer over Wilson. :shrug:

Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal

Chichevache posted:

I avoid team forums, but I can't imagine a Hawks fan in the world who thinks Jackson is the answer over Wilson. :shrug:

Hawks forums are currently busy yelling about the backup RB competition

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Zifnab posted:

Hawks forums are currently busy yelling about the backup RB competition

:jerkbag:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Again I do not condone these types of actions. I'm simply saying that "some" woman allow this, in fact "some" woman don't mind this, and even "some" women are moving than willing to allow it to happen based on their motives. To be more direct, its obvious that in their relationship this is not the first time that has happened. Thus its been going on which confirms my point and furthermore, who do you see addressing the media now that that money has came to a halt? HER!

Ray is in the center of the issue but don't let the media twist it, its about exposing the NFL's protection of players. That's why RG is on the hot seat and he threw Ray under the bus. The NFL knew of this and here's the proof: what's the chances of the "new strict domestic violence policy" just coming out before the public release of this tape? also once exposed how did the NFL handle the policy support? by making the coaches and players speak on it in accordance. The NFL is a brotherhood society, and to quote Terry Crews, "a cult!" This will continue to happen even after this incident. American media blows it up beyond reality of which it happens everyday with little to no concern in everyday people's lives.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I saw a black guy line up as the punter on the weekend (forget if it was NFL or College) and I immediately assumed the team was trying a trick play.

edit: It was this dude for the Raiders.

http://www.nfl.com/player/marquetteking/2534819/profile

Leave it to the Raiders to draft the most athletic guy at every position.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

African AIDS cum posted:

I saw a black guy line up as the punter on the weekend (forget if it was NFL or College) and I immediately assumed the team was trying a trick play.

:thurman:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

African AIDS cum posted:

I didn't realize he was only 6' 190 lbs. That seems pretty undersized for a punter.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

is feminism basically women jabbing men in the chest with a collective finger, taunting them w/ emasculating insults, casting about for a firm 'boundary' - 'asking for it', in a word? begging to be throttled and put back into their place, etc. that seems to be the subtext here.

the ray rice elevator incident is instructive. he 'manned up' and cold-cocked his mouthy gf and what did she do? swooned and married him.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
haha holy poo poo

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I need to know where that's from.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Morby posted:

This is like shooting fish in a barrel, but Rivera announced that Cam will be back for next week against the Lions. Here are a few fan reactions:

I could continue. For the most part, these people have been called out for being crazy morons and there have been some legit concerns about Cam not rushing himself back too soon but c'mon, really? Derek Anderson has one good game in TYOOL 2014 and you wanna make him the starter?
I am in the camp of I don't mind playing Anderson again if Cam should not be on the field, but anyone who thinks Cam is not the better quarterback is smoking crack.

African AIDS cum posted:

is feminism basically women jabbing men in the chest with a collective finger, taunting them w/ emasculating insults, casting about for a firm 'boundary' - 'asking for it', in a word? begging to be throttled and put back into their place, etc. that seems to be the subtext here.

the ray rice elevator incident is instructive. he 'manned up' and cold-cocked his mouthy gf and what did she do? swooned and married him.

holy shat

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

African AIDS cum posted:

It is absolutely amazing what people will say. So many guys with the wrong loving idea. And the sick thing is, I heard this in the chatter from the students this week at work.

Holy poo poo.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

That's right, we got child abusers, wife beaters, and gay's in the NFL. Those are all things that belong on 1 image macro.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Chilichimp posted:

That's right, we got child abusers, wife beaters, and gay's in the NFL. Those are all things that belong on 1 image macro.

I see what you mean, but to me it just reads like a simple "rule of three" joke, where the whole idea is that one of these things is not like the others. Maybe I'm giving too much credit to the person who made that, idk.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Thermos H Christ posted:

I see what you mean, but to me it just reads like a simple "rule of three" joke, where the whole idea is that one of these things is not like the others. Maybe I'm giving too much credit to the person who made that, idk.

Maybe the guy who made the image macro was thinking that. If that's the case, he's effectively trolled the true colors out of a lot of people who are reposting it.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

I saw this one pop up on Facebook earlier:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chimeric posted:

I saw this one pop up on Facebook earlier:

That's another brilliant one. Josh Gordon's barely registered weed infraction and "being gay" = domestic violence, animal cruelty, child abuse, rape, murder and corruption.

This is like having an FBI's most wanted list with the neighbor kid, Chad, on the bottom row wedged between the known terrorists.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

That's another brilliant one. Josh Gordon's barely registered weed infraction and "being gay" = domestic violence, animal cruelty, child abuse, rape, murder and corruption.

This is like having an FBI's most wanted list with the neighbor kid, Chad, on the bottom row wedged between the known terrorists.

Its just a joke meme, relax a little

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

African AIDS cum posted:

Its just a joke meme, relax a little

It's not a funny joke. None of those tiles are actually funny, it's a loving rap sheet. I'm sure we could come up with better poo poo, like Sexy Rexy: Hide your booze, DJ Swearinger: Hide your knees, Tom Brady: High your fives (or just hide your fives), Lions FO: hide your star players' poo poo opinions.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Sep 18, 2014

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It's literally just thingsthathappened.jpg

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

NFL front office = 95 IQ retards literally bathing in cash who got insanely lucky to have "executive" jobs that are easy as gently caress

typical NFL team runs about 60-65 offensive plays per game. slightly more than half of those plays are run plays, meaning you or i could be QB on those plays. on the very high end, let's say 30 of those are pass plays. most of the passes are screens, RB checkdowns, or quick slants/short passes. any HS starting QB can make those throws. "oh but an NFL QB has to be 6'4" and have a cannon arm!!!!11" loving lol. at the very high end, of those 30 passes per game, maybe 6 are legit deep balls. 66% completion percentage is average for NFL starting QBs, but that number is skewed high due to short passes and RB checkdowns. of the 6 deep passes per game, being very generous, cannon-arm $20 million QBs will complete maybe 2. so idiot NFL teams are blowing a shitton of cap space for 2 deep completions per game basically. 2 loving deep completions per game. what are the odds that any of the games during an entire season hinged on one of those 2 deep passes? loving zero games are actually decided by 2 loving deep passes. zero.

NFL teams should only have QBs who are smart and can read defenses, and have good team leadership. tons of good college QBs would do that poo poo for just the league minimum. NFL teams should spend literally 90% of cap space on beast defense and O-linemen

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Alex Smith is basically a high school QB and it took him 10 years to learn how to not lose games with bad turnovers. It's not that easy.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

African AIDS cum posted:

NFL front office = 95 IQ retards literally bathing in cash who got insanely lucky to have "executive" jobs that are easy as gently caress

typical NFL team runs about 60-65 offensive plays per game. slightly more than half of those plays are run plays, meaning you or i could be QB on those plays. on the very high end, let's say 30 of those are pass plays. most of the passes are screens, RB checkdowns, or quick slants/short passes. any HS starting QB can make those throws. "oh but an NFL QB has to be 6'4" and have a cannon arm!!!!11" loving lol. at the very high end, of those 30 passes per game, maybe 6 are legit deep balls. 66% completion percentage is average for NFL starting QBs, but that number is skewed high due to short passes and RB checkdowns. of the 6 deep passes per game, being very generous, cannon-arm $20 million QBs will complete maybe 2. so idiot NFL teams are blowing a shitton of cap space for 2 deep completions per game basically. 2 loving deep completions per game. what are the odds that any of the games during an entire season hinged on one of those 2 deep passes? loving zero games are actually decided by 2 loving deep passes. zero.

NFL teams should only have QBs who are smart and can read defenses, and have good team leadership. tons of good college QBs would do that poo poo for just the league minimum. NFL teams should spend literally 90% of cap space on beast defense and O-linemen

Haha, how's that working for ya, St Louis?

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

I knew that Chad kid was up to no good :argh:

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
There are lots of people who are real mad about RG3 and his press conference tshirt. On Sunday, he put on one of those "Know Jesus, Know Peace" shirts, but he had to turn it inside out during the press conference.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Volkerball posted:

It's literally just thingsthathappened.jpg

I don't recall Michael Sam doing things with someone's husband

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Febreeze posted:

I don't recall Michael Sam doing things with someone's husband

The real reason for Russell Wilson's divorce :ssh:

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Chilichimp posted:

It's not a funny joke. None of those tiles are actually funny, it's a loving rap sheet. I'm sure we could come up with better poo poo, like Sexy Rexy: Hide your booze, DJ Swearinger: Hide your knees, Tom Brady: High your fives (or just hide your fives), Lions FO: hide your star players' poo poo opinions.

Sorry :( I'll pm you anytime someone laughs to see if the joke was worth a chuckle.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Cole posted:

Sorry :( I'll pm you anytime someone laughs to see if the joke was worth a chuckle.

Send it to Rap too, he's got final approval and it'll save me the button press.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Volkerball posted:

It's not that easy.

I do get legitimately confused at how awful so many coaches seem to be at the whole "there's eight seconds left should I call a time out now!??!?!?" thing and then don't, only get one play off before the end of the game, then lose.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Chilichimp posted:

How can you see your monitor with your nose so high up in the air?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ribsauce posted:

How can you see your monitor with your nose so high up in the air?

It's hyperbole. How do you see your monitor with your nose being such a gigantic piece of poo poo?

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Where is this coming from? All these people sound like idiots.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Where is this coming from? All these people sound like idiots.

boom

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
A post about Kroy Biermann from SBNation boards:

A Brief History Leason

Why did we pick up Ray Edward in FA? Because Kory wasn’t able to apply pressure and teams would double JA55.

Kory highest sack total in any year was 5 and in my opinion, what made Kory such a fan favorite was when the Falcon’s played Payton Manning and he was dropping 20yd in coverage. That’s when names like; Jack of all trade, Swish Army knife, and other multipurpose tools was used to describe him. Most multipurpose tool does man things well. In Kory’s case, he does one thing well and that’s being a backup. The Falcon’s need to dig deep in the FA good bag and look for a dope to take Kory for a draft pick. Maybe someone will give back a 6-7 rd pick. Then this year draft we need to focus on 2 OLB/DE and a RT. Lets double dip in the 1st and 2nd on OLB/DE and get a RT to Take over for Sam Baker. If the Lord is welling, maybe we can get 3 games out of him and can replace Marshmallow Holmes.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Chilichimp posted:

A post about Kroy Biermann from SBNation boards:

A Brief History Leason

Why did we pick up Ray Edward in FA? Because Kory wasn’t able to apply pressure and teams would double JA55.

Kory highest sack total in any year was 5 and in my opinion, what made Kory such a fan favorite was when the Falcon’s played Payton Manning and he was dropping 20yd in coverage. That’s when names like; Jack of all trade, Swish Army knife, and other multipurpose tools was used to describe him. Most multipurpose tool does man things well. In Kory’s case, he does one thing well and that’s being a backup. The Falcon’s need to dig deep in the FA good bag and look for a dope to take Kory for a draft pick. Maybe someone will give back a 6-7 rd pick. Then this year draft we need to focus on 2 OLB/DE and a RT. Lets double dip in the 1st and 2nd on OLB/DE and get a RT to Take over for Sam Baker. If the Lord is welling, maybe we can get 3 games out of him and can replace Marshmallow Holmes.

I get that the post is poorly written, but I watched all of Hard Knocks and I am at a total loss as to why anyone thinks Biermann is a starting player in the NFL.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

I get that the post is poorly written, but I watched all of Hard Knocks and I am at a total loss as to why anyone thinks Biermann is a starting player in the NFL.

No, he's just pure poo poo. I hope he gets benched and soon. I posted it for the lovely writing, not the opinion.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Chilichimp posted:

No, he's just pure poo poo. I hope he gets benched and soon. I posted it for the lovely writing, not the opinion.

Good. Just making sure I wasn't wrong about him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Morby posted:

There are lots of people who are real mad about RG3 and his press conference tshirt. On Sunday, he put on one of those "Know Jesus, Know Peace" shirts, but he had to turn it inside out during the press conference.

You can tell who's never watched a NFL press conference if they're mad at this. People have to do this all the time if it's not an appropriate sponsor. You don't see the Yankees getting mad that someone went to a conference wearing their hat and their logo had to be taped up and claiming persecution complex over it.

• Locked thread