Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.
http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/9/21/6792031/49ers-cardinals-final-score-poor-execution-poor-discipline-penalties#259996030

quote:

where is Singletary when we need him?
We are playing like the Lions played for so many years under that knucklehead coach.

Yes, no one is better than Singletary when it comes to motivating players...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
This isnt horrible its hilarious

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
This thread needs to come back because some "good" poo poo is being posted places:

quote:

Sure, this is a rant, and im probably gonna say some poo poo ill question tomorrow, but gently caress IT!! That PI pick up was loving ridiculous! Goodell and the NFL cant just brush this one off and not answer for it like they usually do. WE DESERVE AN EXPLANATION, OR AN ADMISSION OF GUILT!!!

23 years. Thats how long our fans, which buy clothing from the NFL shop, pay for tickets to NFL games, and tune in every loving week of the season to boost their loving ratings, have waited just to win a loving playoff game. And as soon as we show that we are the better team and win a playoff game, THEY ROB US OF IT WITH SOME poo poo THAT NOBODY HAS EVER SEEN BEFORE!!!

Why was the ref partying on Jerry Jones' party bus? If he was caught before the game, which he was, why was he immediately not removed of his position because of obvious conflict of interest?

I get it. Blow jobs are cool, and Jerry has plenty to pass around. THEN DONT BE A loving REF!!!!

Im not a conspiritard, and you can search through my comment history if you want and see that Im usually the one who says not to blame the refs. gently caress it. We lost this game because of the refs. gently caress all the missed holding calls. That poo poo happens every game to our dline, we are used to it. You cant expect lineman to not hold Suh every play, or there wouldnt be any other QBs left in the game. But to pick a loving flag up after already announcing the penalty, in Dallas, after partying with the team's owner, he needs to be investigated. Check his finances, his travel logs, everything. There is something hosed up going on, or he is a complete moron who needs to lose his stripes.

We dont deserve this. We have waited too long to see a team that is a legit playoff team, that can win playoff games, that could give us fans what we have been waiting for for so long. gently caress Cowboys fans and their whining about how long they have waited to be a playoff team. YOU WON THREE SUPERBOWLS IN THE 90'S!!!!!!! I REMEMBER BECAUSE WE BARELY MADE THE PLAYOFFS THEN WITH A BETTER RUNNINGBACK THAN THE GUY WHO GOT YOU THERE!!!

Call this a rant, call it emotions, call it what you want. I love my loving team, my players, and I loving LOVE HOUSE OF SPEARS SUH! We deserved to win this game, both as fans, and as the obvious better team. I will never forget this game, and that hurts me. We have 8 months of hell ahead of us to remember how we were hosed today. Dont pretend like you understand what it is like to be us (other teams fans.) Dont act like you know heart break. You dont. You have no idea.

One Pride motherfuckers. gently caress you Dallas. You dont deserve this.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.
Chris Christie's brother:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
America Needs A New Team

If you watched the NFC Playoff game and you are an honest to goodness fan of the NFL first before your team affiliation, then you should be disturbed by the outcome of this “contest” between the 12-4 Dallas Cowboys and the 11-5 Detroit Lions. I’m not a Cowboys fan but I’m also not a Cowboys hater. What I am is a long time fan of the NFL, 36 years to be exact and I have seen outcomes that resembled this but this was egregious on so many levels for me as a fan of the game. The argument was discussed about two or three months ago but I believe it requires revisiting. I truly wonder if America doesn’t need a new team as representative. The Dallas Cowboys, as fine a franchise as they have been for decades, are no longer fitting to hold the title of America’s Team. This game’s outcome is not the reason why, just additional fruit from a poisonous tree.

Exhibit #1: THE FAN BASE IS ONE OF THE WORST IN HISTORY: It’s not because of the numbers because they could win or, at least, be a top contender for the most popular team in the NFL. The problem is that their fan base is one of the most fickle we have ever witnessed and loyalty is harder to find than a needle in a haystack. Finding a true die-hard fan of the Cowboys is as futile as trying to catch the wind with your hands. They are not committed to this team unless all the cards are stacked in their favor. Case in point. Check the numbers of the fans that turned in their season tickets early in the season. Loyalty? Not!

Exhibit #2: LOPSIDED MEDIA COVERAGE: If you really need an example then I have even more concerns. Whether you are watching a local football game on CBS or FOX on a Sunday or you’re picking up the NFL Redzone, you will notice (and I have) that no matter what the score of the games are that are on at the same time and how competitive those games are, you will only see the Cowboys “in the box”. Turn to ESPN and tell me what team is highlighted more than any other. How many minutes are spent on sound bytes, press conferences, and other assorted stories and interviews. It’s not rhetoric. Take a pen and paper and watch one of the broadcasts. In one full hour’s time, you will see that they will use more than 20% of the total time and that figure is generous. When I think about America, I think about opportunity and hard working people who make their dreams come true out of adverse and unfair circumstances. I think about freedom and I think about choice. I think about the people deciding what they like, not being force fed what they are supposed to like. Know any news or sports coverage that sounds like that?

EXHIBIT #3: RECENT POLLS SHOW THAT THE AMERICA SUPPOSEDLY REPRESENTED DO NOT CONSIDER DALLAS AMERICA’S TEAM ANYMORE: There was a Harris poll in September that showed without question that the Denver Broncos are considered America’s Team. They are the nation’s favorite team. There has been 14 total polls such as these. Dallas was voted No. 1 only once out of fourteen times since 1998. In the poll in 2014, the Boys were in 4th place. That’s high but that’s not the country’s favorite by far. To think that America considers this team their favorite and they have had more than ten years of mediocrity says something about our country then and I have more faith in the U.S.A. than that.

And lastly, EXHIBIT #4: AMERICA SHOULDN’T ENABLE MEDIOCRITY: Before this year, which has been a rousing success so far, this team has been mediocre or worse in the last five years. They shouldn’t be made to represent the average NFL fan when they are unable to show continuity and maintain excellence and integrity on and off the field. The organization as a whole still has some serious issues that their recent success has covered up quite nicely. The divide between coach and GM is still an issue. Garrett can be out on his ear after the next loss. Nothing is guaranteed and very few things are in this organization. There is little consistency and that alone doesn’t instill confidence in even the die-hard fan. Even their star WR is not a lock to be on the team next year. We have plenty of fair-weather fans in every sport we support. The fans are already showing through the aforementioned polls that they want their voice heard. Flag on the play! We want a new team to represent our America that actually has integrity and can win games that really matter without the air of impropriety.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Indeed, I'm circulating a recall petition right now and I expect an election within the next few months for the office of America's team because I do not know what marketing is

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

gohuskies posted:

Where was he going with the calorically challenged bit? I am really hoping that he implies anyone calling out Chris Christie for being overweight is anorexic.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

gohuskies posted:

Chris Christie's brother is literally the brother from Black Sheep.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

football fuckerman posted:

Indeed, I'm circulating a recall petition right now and I expect an election within the next few months for the office of America's team because I do not know what marketing is

America's team is whoever last won the Super Bowl.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chichevache posted:

America's team is whoever last won the Super Bowl.

Only because everyone knows better than to try and usurp the worlds team from the Raiders.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Volkerball posted:

Only because everyone knows better than to try and usurp the worlds team from the Raiders.

Why would anyone else want to represent the world's many poor and downtrodden?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Zoran posted:

Why would anyone else want to represent the world's many poor and downtrodden?

But I thought they all wore old *ducks giant wooden cane* Bills Super Bowl Champion Shirts!:haw:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chichevache posted:

But I thought they all wore old *ducks giant wooden cane* Bills Super Bowl Champion Shirts!:haw:

Not all of them!

This picture makes my heart happy.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

Chris Christie's brother is literally the brother from Black Sheep.

Jesus I didn't realize who that was at first. When I read it I was like "yeah I guess he has a point why would you care who your local politician roots for" but knowing that now it's amazing.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Volkerball posted:

Not all of them!

This picture makes my heart happy.

Those are Reebok shirts. You've been had!!!!!!

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

http://maryland.247sports.com/Board/67/Contents/poo poo-Penn-State-Fans-Say-on-Twitter-33570384

Austrian Robinson✌ @UG_Aus
This week really about to suck!

Kirk Miller @PsuLionInsider
@UG_Aus Commit to #PSU + your life will improve immensely and immediately! Seats on BLUEChip Bus filling up fast! #EasyDecision #107kStrong

https://twitter.com/psutruthville

oh my god :stare:

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jan 23, 2015

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Fans who follow college football recruiting are almost all creeps in my opinion (no offence, but if you dont like it theres the door) . In the thread you linked some guy asked, I assume seriously, "so we all agree retweeting these kids is creepy, but you can favorite them, right?"

The Penn State cult is the worst of all of college football, but anything involving recruiting makes me want to call CPS.

Anyone who can even formulate a reaction, be it joy or even worse anger, at a decision from a 16 year old kid they have never, nor will they (hopefully) ever, meet needs some mental health help.

Oh a buried highlight of the thread: I got a bit confused as to exactly the origin of this story, but apparently there was a Penn State fan who was a convicted child molester going around and taking pictures with 16 year old potential recruits. It sounds like he violated his parole (or otherwise got in trouble somehow) doing this. Perfect.

Ribsauce fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jan 24, 2015

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Ribsauce posted:

Oh a buried highlight of the thread: I got a bit confused as to exactly the origin of this story, but apparently there was a Penn State fan who was a convicted child molester going around and taking pictures with 16 year old potential recruits. It sounds like he violated his parole (or otherwise got in trouble somehow) doing this. Perfect.

It was Ohio State

http://deadspin.com/5907888/ohio-state-loses-star-recruit-because-of-convicted-sex-offender-charles-eric-waugh

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

For real. College recruiting news comments are a house of horrors.

Why does some random dude know the weight and 40 time of a high school linebacker.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Back like 7 years ago, on the NC State message board, there was a discussion if they should get a caravan of people together to all wear NCSU gear and stand on the sidelines at some kid's football game to show how serious the fans were.

I remember reading this and thinking "in any situation besides sports how fast would you call the police about this behavior?" What coaches do is just as creepy. Guys like Pitino and Calipari (probably everyone really) will fly like 6 hours just to stand outside an arena so a recruit sees them walking from the bus to the game. I can't think of any situation besides athletics where the kid wouldn't instantly call 911.

"Hello, officer, some 50 year old guy in a suit just flew across the country to watch me walk from the bus to inside a building....can you send some guys over to arrest him?"

I read on ESPN "recruiting services" are now ranking 6th grade basketball players. If I was a parent of some 12 year old (assuming my kid would be athletic..hahahaha) I would chase any dude covering my kid out of the building so fast.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I played AAU basketball (poorly) freshman and sophomore year, and played with/against some young guys who had gotten and were getting attention. I can tell you the parents have the exact opposite reaction.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Ribsauce posted:

I read on ESPN "recruiting services" are now ranking 6th grade basketball players. If I was a parent of some 12 year old (assuming my kid would be athletic..hahahaha) I would chase any dude covering my kid out of the building so fast.

This is rational thought.

Parents of kids who play sports do not, at any point, experience a thought that could even remotely resemble "rational".

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Genocide Tendency posted:

Parents of kids who play sports do not, at any point, experience a thought that could even remotely resemble "rational".

...what? Plenty of parents are not lunatics and their kids play sports.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Sash! posted:

Yrah, our parents. That's why we are typing about sports online instead of making millions like the Gronks (or the Jacksons). If my dad beat me more maybe I'd be able to dunk.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

Yrah, our parents. That's why we are typing about sports online instead of making millions like the Gronks (or the Jacksons). If my dad beat me more maybe I'd be able to dunk a drunk.

ftfy

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)

Chichevache posted:

Yrah, our parents. That's why we are typing about sports online instead of making millions like the Gronks (or the Jacksons). If my dad beat me more maybe I'd be able to dunk.

I mean to this point one of my buddies in high school was in the top 5 in terms of basketball players in New England entering high school but his mom wanted to make sure he got a good education and kept a head on his shoulders so made him go to our catholic high school in Rhode Island instead of transferring to a prep school. He was a really smart and nice kid, but his development slowed as a result and he ended up not even really getting recruited and going to a D3 school.

Another kid a year below me entered the school highly ranked, got kicked out after a year and a half, went to 2 or 3 prep schools, sat out a year at providence college and then left for the nba. I think he's floating in the D-league for the mavericks right now. His parents ate that poo poo up.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

siriuslysomething posted:

I mean to this point one of my buddies in high school was in the top 5 in terms of basketball players in New England entering high school but his mom wanted to make sure he got a good education and kept a head on his shoulders so made him go to our catholic high school in Rhode Island instead of transferring to a prep school. He was a really smart and nice kid, but his development slowed as a result and he ended up not even really getting recruited and going to a D3 school.

This is pretty much what happened with the guy I went to high school with that ended up being drafted in, like, the 7th round of the MLB draft and ended up in one of those leagues that plays...like a 12 game season entirely in May in a town with a population of 15,000 and its practically the minors for the minors.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Another kid a year below me entered the school highly ranked, got kicked out after a year and a half, went to 2 or 3 prep schools, sat out a year at providence college and then left for the nba. I think he's floating in the D-league for the mavericks right now. His parents ate that poo poo up.

Ricky Ledo?

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)

Yessir. I still don't know how to feel about him or if I want him to be successful. I literally think his life would be an interesting 30 for 30 and have since he decided to leave for the draft without ever playing in college.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Yessir. I still don't know how to feel about him or if I want him to be successful. I literally think his life would be an interesting 30 for 30 and have since he decided to leave for the draft without ever playing in college.

It'd probably be part of a bigger show with guys like Jeremy Tyler, Brandon Jennings, etc.

For what it's worth he's probably an injury or two on the Mavs away from getting called up on a more permanent basis although he won't crack the starting rotation any time soon. Not that you're like invested or whatever but :v:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Just more evidence that my parents are responsible for me not going pro. Thanks.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Sash! posted:

None of them are parents of children who play football

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I'd be proud and honored if my 6th grader child was being scouted by pros, I don't think that's crazy either?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Pron on VHS posted:

I'd be proud and honored if my 6th grader child was being scouted by pros, I don't think that's crazy either?

People be acting like its impossible for your kid to be good at sports without you standing in the bleachers, grabbing your balls, and screaming HES THE FRUIT OF MY LOINS

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Most people would be thrilled if their kids had a shot at a full college scholarship at a young age. I am sure 90% of scouts approach parents, identify themselves, and are normal humans.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
The last page of posts has fit the theme of this thread pretty well.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Sash! posted:

People be acting like its impossible for your kid to be good at sports without you standing in the bleachers, grabbing your balls, and screaming HES THE FRUIT OF MY LOINS

Honestly, if I really want to give my kid the best shot at athletic success I'm going to need some donor sperm.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
This is twitter, Can we do Twitter? Who cares this is the hottest rear end hot take I have ever seen in my life.

https://twitter.com/rkid727/status/560319125680320512

quote:

Chris Kyle gave his life for our freedom to speak and live freely. Marshawn Lynch mocks that freedom and makes millions doing so.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Dexo posted:

This is twitter, Can we do Twitter? Who cares this is the hottest rear end hot take I have ever seen in my life.

#hottakes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Dexo posted:

Somewhere Skip Bayless holds his head in despair

He has been usurpted

• Locked thread