Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dexo posted:

This is twitter, Can we do Twitter? Who cares this is the hottest rear end hot take I have ever seen in my life.

https://twitter.com/rkid727/status/560319125680320512

That has to be a joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

MourningView posted:

That has to be a joke

Nope

quote:

You just gotta love the always classy marshawn lynch. Well not really. You don't have to. #Seahawks #stayclassy #CrotchGrab

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Dexo posted:

This is twitter, Can we do Twitter? Who cares this is the hottest rear end hot take I have ever seen in my life.

https://twitter.com/rkid727/status/560319125680320512

:laffo:

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Chichevache posted:

Just more evidence that my parents are responsible for me not going pro. Thanks.

You and me both. Hi five.

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
That post is already gone. lol. I'm assuming he got fuckin put on blast somethin hardcore. It takes a special kind of troll to withstand the onslaught of posting something like that.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

limeincoke posted:

That post is already gone. lol. I'm assuming he got fuckin put on blast somethin hardcore. It takes a special kind of troll to withstand the onslaught of posting something like that.

He didn't switch to puppet master mode quickly enough. Just kept gaining altitude on those waxen wings.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

quote:

As a Saints fan, you'll get no sympathy from me.

We lost our coach for a year, when there was no proof anything happened, AND even if something did happen, it offered no competitive advantage. If there were bounties, they were motivation. Setting aside that teams had been doing it for 50 years, and it’s a well documented part of the history of the game (i.e. even today Florida State guys get tomahawks on their helmets for big plays), there’s zero proof the bounties had any affect on the outcome of the game, and if they did that affect was to get players to play harder. That’s significantly different than piping in crowd noise or stealing the opposing team’s signals.

quote:

No, attempting to injure another player is not worse than piping in crowd noise.

We aren’t talking about basketball or baseball. Hitting is part of the game. Players getting injured by hits is part of the game. Piping in crowd noise is not part of the game. It is decidedly outside of the rules of the game. There’s a legitimate argument to be made that bounties aren’t cheating, since they offer zero competitive advantage, and in fact could cost your team dearly. Bobby McCray could have dislocated his shoulder hitting Kurt Warner, and there’s no doubt if there were bounties, he lost money in that deal (he was fined $20,000 by the league for the Green Bay game, which is significantly more than even the highest alleged bounties were).

Piping in crowd noise, or stealing signals is blatant cheating. There’s no argument. Objectively, those things are worse.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Where can I find this person to avoid them at all times

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Hopefully somebody responded with "Cheering happens, cheering is part of the game" and "Studying opponents happens, it's part of the game" not that that guy has much chance of understanding anything

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

AAA DOLFAN posted:

e: nevermind i guess they're not. very similar tho.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

AAA DOLFAN posted:

A Saints homer who posts on the Falcons and Saints SBNation sites.

I've always found it odd that fans of other football teams would bother registering an account on a rival's fan site. I wouldn't be shocked if he's got a Panthers account too. Why even bother trolling the Buccs, though?

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
I can't tell if this is a pftcommenter ripoff or serious. I am getting serious fake vibes but it is on a mainstream news site so you never know.

eh I have a comment as a serious Panthrsfan.
FIRST stop glory plays....it saddens me when guys go for the INT and the sack rather than play as a team and stop the advance of th other tam. in about 20 plays each game of the 6 I watched this happened. Each game was a loss. Guys trying to be a hero and forgetting what they are doing forthe team. You can take any team of guys and teach them to work together and control the oponnent in this fashon unless yo have idiots tht try fo the pick instead of doing thier job. guys who try for the sack and lose 25 yards because they left there place in te line or the it. Even pour cam trying to thro the low percentage pass rather than throw it away becasue he has runners who cant rememebr to hold on to the ball and reciever who forget to just catch the ball and take soft yards over not catching it at all.

edit

omfg it gets worse (these are all different people)

I'll be worried sick all off season that some other team gives Bersin a huge contract and lures him away from Carolina.

First thing Richardson should do is fire Gettleman. He single handedly took apart last years 12 and 4 team!

For those you who continue to support Cam Newton and say how great he is, you just don't know football. The Panthers wouldn't even have made the playoffs had Anderson not got 2 wins. With Cam Newton, the Panthers will always be a low-mediocre team.

good god almighty, stop the drat comments!

Ribsauce fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Feb 3, 2015

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
To be fair, I thought he might have been trolling. But then I remembered the caliber of every Saints poster that ever replies to Falcoholic stories and welp

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
No as a Saints fan I agree you had good instincts there, the mere hint of a Falcons fan is enough to send a good deal of us into a berzerker rage, and I've seen way too many unironic 'oh wow everyone talked about the bounties (THAT WERE TOTALLY BULLSHIT AND FAKE) but no one's talking about FAKE CROWD NOISE, AKA THE REAL PROBLEM IN FOOTBALL?!"

I mean yea, gently caress the Falcons and all, but folks are goin crazy in Saints communities trying to prove how this means, if you think about it, all Falcon wins ever are in question now.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Mouth breathers are reacting the same way on Dolphins boards about the patriots

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
The Falcons pumping in crowd noise just makes the Falcons more hilariously pathetic so I dunno why saints fans aren't ok with just that.

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?

Thx for not using my name, tho.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

The Falcons pumping in crowd noise just makes the Falcons more hilariously pathetic so I dunno why saints fans aren't ok with just that.

Seriously I love it because I'm never gonna stop busting my Falcons fan friend's balls about how they had to pump in noise to their terrible team, I don't know why we'd want to scare them away from more hilarious proof they're the Milhouse of football.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Seriously I love it because I'm never gonna stop busting my Falcons fan friend's balls about how they had to pump in noise to their terrible team, I don't know why we'd want to scare them away from more hilarious proof they're the Milhouse of football.

It's cool, bro, I'm never going to let you forget how I heard two grandmas, over the TV broadcast, having a conversation in the upper level of the Superdome during the 3rd quarter of that Carolina game where Drew Brees and Jimmy Graham forgot how to play football.

hth

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
This entire comments section:

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2015/2/10/8013013/no-the-falcons-should-not-pursue-greg-hardy-in-free-agency

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I know this is a different sport, I'm sorry, I just have to bring this here to show how loving insane people can be. I mean, these loving people vote.

An NHL goalie sustained a shoulder injury from taking a wrist shot to the side of the head, then his backup was hurt in a collision with a teammate. Teams only have 2 goalies ready per game, since two injuries is so unlikely. So the game was stopped for a few minutes, conversations with trainers and stuff. The team, the Florida Panthers, had to petition the NHL to allow them to dress their goaltending coach Dave Tallas as an emergency, the NHL eventually said yes. Then they had the original starter, Roberto Luongo, get his gear back on and go back out there. Luongo had a CAT scan done (either during the game or after, it's not clear) and does have a shoulder injury, although NHL teams typically do not specify the injury like NFL teams do.

So here are the comments

quote:

Thomas Sterling Shoffield III · Top Commenter · Winter Haven, Florida
I think Florida should be investigated for this crap...i think it was a deliberate attempt to stall the game and take away the momentum the maple leafs had after they scored the game tying goal....id be very surprised if either goalie was actually hurt....to me that was really cheap
Reply · Like · Follow Post · 3 hours ago

Anton Aleksandrovich · Top Commenter
yea, and that puck didnt hit luongo in the face either. that was just special effects.
Reply · Like · 6 · 2 hours ago

Thomas Sterling Shoffield III · Top Commenter · Winter Haven, Florida
Anton Aleksandrovich ive seen luongo take shots alot worse then that and no go out with an injury...it just seems so convienent that at the last 9 mins they already had rob tallas dressed and ready to replace montoya then all of a sudden here comes luongo like nothing even happened...i think this was two things a pr stunt by the panthers to try and get attention to the team and b i think it was a stall tactic to break up the momentum the leafs had after tying then taking the lead.....i mean Tallas was ready to go...then all of sudden here comes luongo....they didnt play tallas cause they were afraid he would most likely let in another goal...

Oh by the way here are the standings in the Atlantic Division

87 MONTRÉAL
84 TAMPA BAY
81 DETROIT
71 BOSTON
- - Wild Card cutoff - -
69 FLORIDA
65 OTTAWA
57 TORONTO
43 BUFFALO

So this dude is going to war over a series of injuries that happened right in front of the cameras in a game between a wild card contender and his precious team, a team with no shot at the playoffs with the sixth-worst record in the league

Okay that's all I just couldn't believe this dude, thank you

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Ask him how much he lost on the game.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
As a fan of both of those teams I am absolutely shocked anyone can watch that and be upset with what transpired but honestly diehard fans are typically not very well grounded and as a result are pretty... Overall insane

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Remember how defensive players in the NFL fall to the ground claiming injury to slow down a no-huddle offense? I can remember two Giants players collapsing at the same time about 4 years ago to slow some opponent

Now imagine someone calling for an investigation into Nick Foles' broken collarbone because they'd seen Foles take harder hits

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
A VT RB got arrested for misdemeanor contributing to the delinquency of a minor today. His friend also got charged for statutory with those same minors. In response to the RB not being charged with the felony, a VT fan on 247 posts:

quote:

That article is kind of ambiguously worded. Hopefully it just means the underage girls came over and then the boys had some sex.

Did I just witness the first time a college football fan has hoped one of his team's players is gay?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

football fuckerman posted:

87 MONTRÉAL
84 TAMPA BAY
81 DETROIT
71 BOSTON
- - Wild Card cutoff - -
69 FLORIDA
65 OTTAWA
57 TORONTO
43 BUFFALO

So this dude is going to war over a series of injuries that happened right in front of the cameras in a game between a wild card contender and his precious team, a team with no shot at the playoffs with the sixth-worst record in the league

Okay that's all I just couldn't believe this dude, thank you

Tampa is is second huh? Neat.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

MindlessHavok posted:

Run by the greatest figure in professional hockey history, Steve Yzerman.

Watch more hockey.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dattserberg posted:

Run by the greatest figure in professional hockey history, Steve Yzerman.

Watch more hockey.

Last time I watched hockey they won Stanley's trophy so I might

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

MindlessHavok posted:

I really, really need them to be first or I have an embarrassing toxx to fulfill.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Go on...

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

Let's just say there's a nonzero chance I get murdered if the Canadiens win the Atlantic.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
It came from Something Awful :negative:

FCKGW posted:

Tony Phillips posted:

The "Oh hey this is the wrong ball!" play is even funnier when it doesn't work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQbAP-K28J8
(Can't find it without the music - my apologies.)

Good, I hate these stupid wrong ball plays. It's not clever, it's dumb and it's against the spirit of the sport.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Chichevache posted:

It came from Something Awful :negative:

Good, I hate these stupid wrong ball plays. It's not clever, it's dumb and it's against the spirit of the sport.
[/quote]

He's also kind of missing the point, "spirit of the sport" or not, that was pretty loving funny.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

He's also kind of missing the point, "spirit of the sport" or not, that was pretty loving funny.
[/quote]

Hell yeah. If you can't laugh at trick plays, success or failure, then you are probably just a boring crabby person.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
There is a semi-reasonable complaint I have heard about "wrong ball" trick plays in Pop Warner which comes down to the fact the coach probably told them to do it and its kind of lovely seeing a grown man trying to trick a bunch of children.

It's not really kids pulling a fast one on other kids, its a grown dude using a child's understanding of the sport to beat the other team.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

There is a semi-reasonable complaint I have heard about "wrong ball" trick plays in Pop Warner which comes down to the fact the coach probably told them to do it and its kind of lovely seeing a grown man trying to trick a bunch of children.

It's not really kids pulling a fast one on other kids, its a grown dude using a child's understanding of the sport to beat the other team.

If you're an NFL team that falls prey to that time Tommy Maddox acted like his headset was broken, you got what you deserved.

If you're a bunch of kids, its kinda lame to do that.

The music in that video offends me.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Also with youtube being so popular the more likely outcome is what we just saw, some poor kid getting absolutely creamed.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Mel Mudkiper posted:

And it's still awesome, sorry

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

Also with youtube being so popular the more likely outcome is what we just saw, some poor kid getting absolutely creamed.

that's funny though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Sash! posted:

If you're an NFL team that falls prey to that time Tommy Maddox acted like his headset was broken, you got what you deserved.

I was a fan of the time Johnny Manziel pretended to be talking to the coach on the sideline but was just barely in bounds

• Locked thread