Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

You left out the worst one.

"White Lightning posted:

The "Gronk" is having one hell of a year. Just imagine if they didn't have Hernandez. He would be even targeted more. Then there is so many other options for Tom Brady. Still hoping he gets the record. He was a stud in college and has been just as good at the highest level. What an athletic family!

:stonk:

But if they.. No :ese: and there is only one TE to shut down.. You have no understanding of.. gently caress it.

Serisothikos was right, burn it to the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

http://www.castefootball.us/forums/showthread.php?14245-NFL-Playoffs-Championship-Round

This entire thread. Holy poo poo. :stonk:

One of many choice quotes:

I'm convinced that the entire site is a troll. No way these people are like that.

Right?

Right?

:negative:

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

whypick1 posted:

2 Super Bowl rings? Is that guy posting from 8 years ago?

It's just a jump to the left
And then a step to the right

You probably shouldn't expect caste anything to be up with the times.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Ribsauce posted:

This is probably my favorite though
What.the.gently caress

I quit reading here but man this dude must have put 20 hours into this psychotic post.

Best part of that is if Asante Samuel didn't drop an interception that hit his loving hands on the play right before "that play". New England would have had 19-0.

And if we had a respectable corner covering Manningham, Eli would be 0-2 against the Patriots in Super Bowls.

And Ray Lewis owes Tony Siragusa anything for being probably the best linebacker in the history of the NFL? Now thats trolling.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

Time to fire that rear end in a top hat Buddy Nix:

What the gently caress? I mean I have seen some bad football opinions, I have had a few my self (loving Matt Ryan... I can not believe I thought you might be decent.). But..

quote:

Since Nix took over, Buffalo has passed on Tebow, Locker, Ponder, Gabbert, and Tannehill (assuming a tradeup to 7 last draft). Chances are two of those QBs are going to pan out and have a great opportunity to be a franchise QB.

Who out of that has the chance to be a franchise QB? Ponder not only sucks, he is a china doll, I know this because I saw him play at FSU. By the end of the season Gabbert looked like he had shell shock. Tannehill plays for the Dolphins. Tebow might.. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhaha. No one on that list. Not loving one.

Fire Buddy Nix.

God drat that is just.. Special.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Breaky posted:

Matt Ryan is pretty good dude.

Wait.. What?

This is TFF right? Because every time this discussion comes up he is treated like a red headed step child. I mentioned him being decent once and it started a fuckin riot.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

The Incredible Ed posted:

Matt Ryan gets slammed because he has the receivers to have one of the best vertical passing games in the NFL and even when he gets a chance it doesn't happen.

This was basically what I got bitched at about. He couldn't throw anything that wasn't a check down or designed pass to the running back. Basically anything short yardage. I thought it was bullshit, until I got a better look at him in the '10 playoffs and last season. The gripe on him seemed pretty dead on.

He will win 9-12 games a season, then the entire team disappears in their first playoff game. But he possibly will win 9-12 games with out ever throwing a complete pass with more than 20 yards of air travel.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

buddhanc posted:

FReepers and football make for some fascinating reading. An article quoting Tebow saying he'd "at least look at and consider one day" a run for political office. Of course the general consensus was that he'd make a good politician because of his true Christian values. Just a few gems:

"Last year He almost took Denver all the way to the Super Bowl, but the Eco Liberals in Denver could not stand to see a solid Christian leading their team and they had him cut from the roster."
:argh: drat Eco Liberals in Denver undermining the Tebow train!!

Thats a really odd thing to call the New England Patriots.

troofs posted:

He totally fucks up the concept he's talking about, but I like how he implies that quantum physics was at some point just some hippie new-age bullshit.

Planck's law: exactly the same as healing crystals

All science until proven is largely viewed as witch doctor medicine by the public. And even at that point when someone tries to explain it to the public at large, the general response is glossy eyes and "sure thing, crazy". Which is exactly how most people look at hippy new-age bullshit. Right or wrong, when you explain advanced science to the general public your hope is they simply accept they won't understand. Your fear is someone will scream "witchcraft, Burn them!".

Chances are that wasn't where he was headed, but in the right context comparing the two in early development isn't entirely off.

Except for the part where Quantum Physics actually has the chance to be a real thing.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Arschlochkind posted:

Didn't somebody seriously come in here and use "She-girls" for Philly last season?

I dont remember it but god drat.. The rivalest of rivals puns.

:allears:

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

:stonk:

There are people like this?

I mean free, out in public, not under the strict care of mental health professionals?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

AAA DOLFAN posted:

What's "V Money"?

No idea. I'm guessing its virtual money. Since everyone on the internet is worth millions.

Where as in real life they make $9.75 an hour flipping burgers.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Kalli posted:

I'm too surly today to go to Patsfans, but pretend I did and posted everything from threads titled things like: This team is officially depressing

I ventured over there to HBO you, saw two threads titled "Branch - Not getting it done" and "Lloyd is great", then promptly closed the tab.

This is what happens when I try to do something nice. gently caress all y'all.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I could post this guys long rant on why the Miami dolphins are currently a top five NFL team when you grade on a rookie curve or some weird justification but it just depressed me. He wrote like three pages on it.

You can't drop a post like this and not at least give us a link.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Wow at least he's being realistic about it being a ground and pound game where New England dominates lol

To be fair, if the New England backs don't fumble like they have a couple times this season, then its not much of a reach to think that the Patriots can have a dominant running game in the rain.

Against Houston is a different story. I am not too familiar with their run defense but I assume they didn't get to 11-1 by being absolutely lovely at it.

The bigger problem is, New England typically doesn't have passing game issues even in bad weather, and if they can get Welker and tight ends running around with linebackers in coverage, Houston has big problems. They have had coverage confusions over the middle.

That said, Houston is the more complete team and should win.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

gently caress that. :colbert:

I said should.

Should and will are two different things.

Go Pats!

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Chichevache posted:

What is that magical smiley?:allears: buy it.

I found it in a TFLC log.

Its full of :allears:, :swoon: and :huh:.

Someone with too much money and not enough sense should buy it.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Kalli posted:

Hey, we're all pretty reasonable people, here's some not:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=510575&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Do you guys really think Peyton is a choke artist or is it just his team?

Third post down in that thread...

quote:

No. Tony Romo however is. Manning has more than one career playoff win.

That didn't take long.

Half tempted to remind them that Peyton has the most playoff losses in the history of the NFL. Just to be an rear end in a top hat and make a dumb thread worse.

Edit:

Ok. Which one of you is the 5th post down.

quote:

Well hes no Tim Tebow

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

sweet thursday posted:

What would we do without bleacher report?

"Speak your mind bro. I don't want faggots around me or on my Monday, Sunday, and Thursday football games. If there's something wrong with being homophobic then there is something wrong with being gay."

Flawless logic.

As much as people foam and froth about ESPN, at least ESPN isn't B/R. God drat that outlet is a steaming pile of poo poo. Everything they put out is worthless.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Which one of you god drat goons was this?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Captain von Trapp posted:

Can NFL players not just get a prescription and buy their recreational drugs for $6 at Target like any other self-respecting upper-class junkie?

You cant get :420: by prescription in Florida.

But god drat if Morgan and Morgan aren't hot on the case and trying to make it happen.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Arschlochkind posted:

Not a post, but:

I'm back in my hometown south of Houston for Christmas, and today while grocery shopping I saw a dude in a UT hoodie wearing a Steelers knit hat and gloves next to a guy in a Raiders jacket wearing a Texas Tech baseball cap. Maybe that second guy just really likes the idea of Raiders of any kind.

We have a bunch of posters with College teams and Pro teams not even close to each other.

I went to FSU. But I am a huge Patriots fans.

We had a thread to explain our fandoms one time and there were some interesting combinations.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Arschlochkind posted:

I guess I should have been more pointed - the Steelers/UT guy came off as a megadouche because of his team gear and the Raiders/RedRaiders guy was just kinda funny. I know plenty of folks have wide college and pro splits but this guy found one that challenges Cowboys/UT in "potential rear end in a top hat, please observe correct precautions" value.

I knew a Miami Hurricanes/Dallas fan in the early 90s.

He found Jesus about a decade ago and became a hippy. Think he lives in a commune with his cult last I heard.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

pillsburysoldier posted:

Upon rumors that RB Dalvin Cook will switch to FSU after committing to UF

:allears:

This..

This is wonderful.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

sweet thursday posted:

Was it a Cherokee?

The vehicle I mean

More likely a Ford. Or Ferrari.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The last few years have made me progressively more ashamed to identify with the Penn State fanbase :smith:

Just a tip.

Its every fan base. Ever.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

whypick1 posted:

Actual, 100% unaltered conversation I'm having with a friend of mine:

:psyberger:

What?

Your friend doesn't pay attention very much to the Cowboys.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Henchman of Santa posted:

What even is this

The funny part is "but we live in America and we dont have the right to get offended.".

Apparently this individual has never heard of Tumblr.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

For real. College recruiting news comments are a house of horrors.

Why does some random dude know the weight and 40 time of a high school linebacker.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Ribsauce posted:

I read on ESPN "recruiting services" are now ranking 6th grade basketball players. If I was a parent of some 12 year old (assuming my kid would be athletic..hahahaha) I would chase any dude covering my kid out of the building so fast.

This is rational thought.

Parents of kids who play sports do not, at any point, experience a thought that could even remotely resemble "rational".

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Honestly.. I gotta support this because gently caress Dan Marino.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Ozu posted:

Jets traded Belichick

This is not true.

Belichick was promoted and quit to take the NE job.

The NFL then took draft picks from NE and gave them to the Jets for tampering.

Worth it.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

:stonk: Ty Law :stonk:

He was dropped off at a retirement home in 2010. Unless it was a no-kill shelter I don't think he is still alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I mean... I have some mental health issues that occasionally manifest in suicidal tendencies... But if I had to rely on the Falcons to not blow my brains out, I hope someone would just put me out of my misery.

Chilichimp posted:

Actually, it's yes.

Actually its no. He is the same person that had a twitter meltdown over the scientific inaccuracies in Star Wars.

For every cool thing he does, there is 100 examples of how he is an insufferable autist over the dumbest poo poo.

Edit: Also, flying cars are a god drat stupid idea. Motherfuckers can't drive. effectively giving them a pilots license? Ok.

What loving idiot thinks that ends well.

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jan 4, 2017

• Locked thread