Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Benne posted:

This was from a few pages back but wanted to respond to this.

Yeah, I'm one of the mods at Field Gulls. The real problem isn't the :smug: so much as it is the unbridled stupidity that goes along with the :smug:. I was around that blog during the big "Charlie vs. Matt" wars in '10, and it was as loving stupid as you'd think it was.

Things have only gotten worse since the new writer took over. I tried to put a cap on all the shitposts, but that blog moves fast, and I only have so much free time, that at this point I'm just content to let them wallow in their own poo poo.

Fellow Seahawk fans, fire away. I'm ready for any criticism.

I read it sometimes back when the John Morgan guy was doing it, he was good, but once he left I did as well. And I was smart enough to stay out of the comments, even then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.
Regarding Field Gulls moderation - I heard that in their fantasy football thread, if you say you are starting a player that is playing against the Seahawks that weekend, you get banned or at least admonished. True?

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

Ben is not cool posted:

I have posted a few of KTurner317's posts from Mississippi State's rivals site in the past. Here are a few more:

TSUN = That School Up North, a nickname for Ole Miss.

The NCAA will totally listen and launch an investigation based on your letter!

I hope this guy calls them TSUN in his letter, like that Louisiana lawyer who got a trial postponed so he could watch the LSU-Ohio State national championship game and called Ohio State "Slowhio" in official court documents.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

MorningView posted:

Doug Williams. Who was admittedly kind of forgettable aside from being the answer to that trivia question.

Williams also had a 6 hour dental surgery the day before the Super Bowl and played the game with his jaw wired shut. A fact of note, I think.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

Breaky posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. IT'S JAMAAL CHARLES 2011 HIGHLIGHT REEL AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALO-gently caress MY KNEE! OW.

I'm getting weird looks from people because I'm laughing like a fool at a coffee shop reading this.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

quote:

IT BEGAN WITH THE FORGING OF THE GREAT QUARTERBACKS. PEYTON MANNING WISEST AND MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE WAS GIVEN TO THE BRONCOS. AARON RODGERS WAS GIVEN TO THE PACKERS GREAT PASSERS AND RICH HISTORY, AND MATT SCHAUB WAS GIVEN TO THE TEXANS, WHO ABOVE ALL ELSE DESIRE POWER. BUT THEY WERE ALL OF THEM DECEIVED, FOR ANOTHER QUARTERBACK WAS MADE. IN THE LAND OF NEW ENGLAND IN THE FIRES OF GILLETTE STADIUM THE DARK LORD BELICHICK FORGED IN SECRET A MASTER QUARTERBACK. ONE QUARTERBACK TO RULE THEM ALL.

ONE BY ONE THE TEAMS OF THE NFL FELL. BUT THERE WERE SOME WHO RESISTED. AN ALLIANCE OF COUGHLIN AND ELI PLAYED AGAINST THE PATRIOTS ON THE FIELD OF THE SUPERBOWL. VICTORY WAS NEAR, BUT THE POWER OF BRADY COULD NOT BE UNDONE. IT WAS THEN THAT ELI STRIPPED THE WIN FROM BRADY'S FINGERS AND ELITE STATUS WAS GIVEN TO ELI GIVING HIM UNNATURAL FAME AND POPULARITY, BUT THE NFL HAS A WILL OF ITS OWN.

DARKNESS CREPT BACK INTO THE WORLD. WHISPERS OF A NAMELESS SHADOW IN THE EAST.

IT WAS THEN IN THE GLOOM OF THE PRESEASON THAT THE QUARTERBACK STATUS WAS GIVEN TO THE MOST UNLIKELY CREATURE OF ALL. RUSSELL WILSON - A HOBBIT ON THE SEAHAWKS. FOR THE TIME WOULD SOON COME WHEN HOBBITS WOULD SHAPE THE FORTUNE OF ALL...

The Seahawks poo poo-posting could get a LOT worse, TFF. Prepare yourselves.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

quote:

matt ryan should be thanking the enforcer of landover plantation for lashing chris clemons to death

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

quote:

quote:

My thoughts? Ok since you asked...

Please stop posting or ban yourself until the medication kicks in.

Thankee
since you are new here and you responded in a few seconds ...
maybe you're an NFL plant to squash such threads.

So if the NFL is sending plant posters into football forums to make the league look good, who is the NFL plant in TFF?

Edit:

quote:

I do not trust Roger Jetdell. I wouldn't put anything shady past him.

What??? Do they believe that, of all teams, Goodell is biased in favor of the Jets?

gohuskies fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jan 27, 2013

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

swickles posted:

The problem is that there is some stuff that sounds like bullshit, but actually has some evidence behind. I mean, think of Gatorade, one of the most basic things. People had tried electrolyte enriched drinks before, but then some guy comes along and says sugar is the key? Sounds like BS but its neccessary. Same with pickle juice. People think its the electrolytes in pickle juice, but there is apparently some novel compound in pickle juice that acts centrally (as in the Central nervous system) to reduce cramping. Deer horn has IGF-1 in it, which probably doesn't do much, much who knows. It hasn't been studied enough to determine one way or another. Its more that athletes are more willing to go out on a limb on a chance that something will help than the average populations, regardless of the evidence behind it.

Yeah, and when it comes to poo poo like sleeping in the special chambers or wearing the special bracelets, I think a lot of it is that when you are at that elite of a level, when both you and your competition are at the 99.99999th percentile, you need to squeeze out every single possible advantage you can, because even the tiniest advantage or the remotest chance can make the difference. If something has even the slightest chance of working, you do it.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

My favorite part is how a guy being gay is just a part of their master plan to get a white CB on the field.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

Serisothikos posted:

If you're going to have a sports conspiracy theory and it doesn't involve the Patriots then I just don't know.

IT HAPPENED ON PATRIOTS DAY COINCIDENCE???????

I still think Bernard Pollard may have been somehow involved in the bombing. Nobody else has taken out so many Massachusetts knees.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

Romo is better than Schaub though.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Haha I love that McMagic is still an obvious troll and nobody bites on it.

Somebody post Ehud's comix of McMagic.

Edit: Jeez, I'll just do it myself

gohuskies fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Sep 13, 2013

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

The Seahawks fan obsession with Kaep is getting a little weird. The "look at all the thug pictures Kaep posts and the old white guy pictures that Wilson" posts thing was weird, but now it's weirder that it's such a trend.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Wow. That loving balls to complain about a "lovely call" that involved Pass Interference the VERY NEXT WEEK after one of the biggest jobs in history. Well done.

Bringing up the Tuck Rule too though!

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

Rap posted:

I love how Russell Wilson is now specifically included in those kinds of things. Because he's rivals with Kap of course and not as a token to prove the image isn't racist

Maybe if Brandon Weeden was good enough to get his team to the final four, then they could feature his ye olde timey sartorial decisions instead.

Edit: Like dis:

There it is with white Brandon Weeden instead

gohuskies fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jan 21, 2014

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/9/21/6792031/49ers-cardinals-final-score-poor-execution-poor-discipline-penalties#259996030

quote:

where is Singletary when we need him?
We are playing like the Lions played for so many years under that knucklehead coach.

Yes, no one is better than Singletary when it comes to motivating players...

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

Chris Christie's brother:

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

Twitter search for Cam humbled

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

Dhani Jones played a little rugby after he retired from the NFL. If I recall correctly he didn't have the conditioning to play that much of a game, but when he was on the field the players were saying he was the best tackler they'd ever seen. And he was a pretty bad LB in the NFL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

Joe Jurevicius is the only white wide receiver I've liked, to my best recollection.

• Locked thread