Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)

Chichevache posted:

Yrah, our parents. That's why we are typing about sports online instead of making millions like the Gronks (or the Jacksons). If my dad beat me more maybe I'd be able to dunk.

I mean to this point one of my buddies in high school was in the top 5 in terms of basketball players in New England entering high school but his mom wanted to make sure he got a good education and kept a head on his shoulders so made him go to our catholic high school in Rhode Island instead of transferring to a prep school. He was a really smart and nice kid, but his development slowed as a result and he ended up not even really getting recruited and going to a D3 school.

Another kid a year below me entered the school highly ranked, got kicked out after a year and a half, went to 2 or 3 prep schools, sat out a year at providence college and then left for the nba. I think he's floating in the D-league for the mavericks right now. His parents ate that poo poo up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)

Yessir. I still don't know how to feel about him or if I want him to be successful. I literally think his life would be an interesting 30 for 30 and have since he decided to leave for the draft without ever playing in college.

• Locked thread