Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Literally the first time in my entire life I have heard the phrase "bell cow" either literally or metaphorically and the fact that its for a black person makes me really uncomfortable.

Hilarious that you immediately jump to it being racial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Volkerball posted:

I've never heard "bell-cow back" before, but I also don't pay any attention to ESPN.

It's one of the oldest sports cliches around, which explains why people aren't familiar with it because it really isn't in general usage anymore.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

TyroneGoldstein posted:

That's the only explanation.

All I could think of was someone in Gainesville would say that.

Except it's not, several west coasters(including myself) have already said they're familiar with the term.

Again, it's an old phrase. It basically means your best player. And we've probably talked about it way too long.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Mel Mudkiper posted:

There is a semi-reasonable complaint I have heard about "wrong ball" trick plays in Pop Warner which comes down to the fact the coach probably told them to do it and its kind of lovely seeing a grown man trying to trick a bunch of children.

It's not really kids pulling a fast one on other kids, its a grown dude using a child's understanding of the sport to beat the other team.

And it's still awesome, sorry

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Chichevache posted:

San Jose, the bigger and cooler city 40 miles South where the Niners came to play because they want that Silicon Valley money. I.E., we are the Jersey to SF's NYC. Except we have culture.

I lived in SJ for five years on The Alameda right by the shark tank, really liked it there.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Ozu posted:

You posted this in the wrong thread. This is for horrible posts not amazing ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Spoeank posted:

These articles are lazy as poo poo and I'm so tired of them. You are cherry picking morons for clicks. There are 7 billion people in this world some have lovely opinions.

Then it echo chambers and people act like these morons are on every corner.

But enough about the Something Awful Sports Argument Stadium subforum.

• Locked thread