Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

After posting in the D&D thread I was recommended to taking a Valorous bard instead of a Prescient one due to our lack of dedicated healers and defenders. I don't have as much experience but after reading the bard charop thread I went with a melee guy that multiclassed into swordmage to get access to using swords as implements in addition to another damage reducing interrupt. Also with the swordbond abilities I figure I can start making ranged attacks with the sword then call in back as a minor to get access to some of the cooler ranged bard abilities. We are starting at level 4 but I think this is the direction I want him to go. I haven't upgraded his weapons yet.

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Freddy, level 11
Half-Elf, Bard, War Chanter
Build: Valorous Bard
Bardic Virtue: Virtue of Valor
Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Heavy Blade)
Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Instrument)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 13, Con 19, Dex 11, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 21.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 12, Con 14, Dex 10, Int 13, Wis 11, Cha 16.

AC: 22 Fort: 20 Reflex: 19 Will: 22
HP: 81 Surges: 11 Surge Value: 20

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +12, Diplomacy +17, Streetwise +15, Bluff +15, Intimidate +15, Athletics +10

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +5, Dungeoneering +7, Endurance +9, Heal +7, History +8, Insight +9, Nature +7, Perception +7, Religion +8, Stealth +5, Thievery +5

FEATS
Bard: Ritual Caster
Level 1: Combat Virtuoso
Level 2: Heart of the Blade
Level 4: Weapon Proficiency (Bastard sword)
Level 6: Versatile Expertise
Level 8: Acolyte Power
Level 10: Improved Swordbond
Level 11: Versatile Master

POWERS
Bard at-will 1: Vicious Mockery
Bard at-will 1: War Song Strike
Dilettante: Twin Strike
Bard encounter 1: Shout of Triumph
Bard daily 1: Stirring Shout
Bard utility 2: Canon of Avoidance (retrained to Channeling Shield at Acolyte Power)
Bard encounter 3: Song of the New Dawn
Bard daily 5: Timeless Trek in Mithrendain
Bard utility 6: Chord of Resilience
Bard encounter 7: Scorpion's Claw Strike
Bard daily 9: Wail of Anguish
Bard utility 10: Mantle of Unity

ITEMS
Ritual Book, Farbond Spellblade Bastard sword +1, Bloodclaw Short sword +1, Amulet of Protection +1, Magic Chainmail +1, Lute
RITUALS
Traveler's Chant, Brew Potion
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Really? I thought it was a standard action to get it to return and the magic weapon just let you call it from a longer distance or something.

If that's true that's cool since it's an extra feat to be used on something better.

• Locked thread