Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazanir
Apr 28, 2010

Oracle posted:

Over a decade by about three months. I think the last time we did a word count in 2013 or thereabouts it was two War and Peaces. And I have reread the drat thing at least three times taking notes and finding new poo poo every drat time that I missed before. Foreshadowing is Gaist's middle name.

Ambivalent posted:

Happy Decade, Blackbird Dreamers. I love you all~

I can't say the end is in sight, but I can at least conceive of an end.

Idly browsing and clicking to the end of this thread led me to this game a couple weeks ago and now I'm on page 240. I can only assume that since it is mid-2009 in real time that the posting frequently must slow down a lot relatively soon, since I still have 9 years but only ~300 pages left to cover? It's all amazing so far, probably the most enjoyable new stuff I have read all year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Disappointed that the Scum and Villany game didn't get off the ground. Will have to see what else I can suggest that people want o play.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
That is a shame. I didn’t see that there was an FFG Star Wars recruiting, otherwise I would have jumped at the chance. I really want to try out the system.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

is anyone planning on doing a pathfinder/starfinder/13th age/ dnd game any time soon? ive got a hankerin for some role playin

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

juggalo baby coffin posted:

is anyone planning on doing a pathfinder/starfinder/13th age/ dnd game any time soon? ive got a hankerin for some role playin

you and me both

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

juggalo baby coffin posted:

Starfinder's pretty maligned around here but I'm not going to lie, I'd love some D&D but in space. (gently caress WotC for not releasing a modern Spelljammer adaptation)

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

super sweet best pal posted:

Starfinder's pretty maligned around here but I'm not going to lie, I'd love some D&D but in space. (gently caress WotC for not releasing a modern Spelljammer adaptation)

i had no idea it was bad, i just thought it looked cool :(

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

super sweet best pal posted:

Spelljammer is exactly my kind of poo poo

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

if they had any sense at all they'd coincide the release of 5e spelljammer with a weatherlight throwback magic set and make a billion nerd dollars

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Ignite Memories posted:

if they had any sense at all they'd coincide the release of 5e spelljammer with a weatherlight throwback magic set and make a billion nerd dollars

They've been spreading out the Weatherlight nostalgia. Dominaria last year featuring the ship, the descendants of the crew and a couple of the less mortal OGs, new cards for the Weatherlight era dead guys and their enemies in the latest Commander, etc.

The worst submarine
Apr 26, 2010

I remember reading a mafia thread a year+ ago that was about a race of lizard people holding a deathball competition. It had really good writing and backstories for all the roles. Anyone know where I could find it?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The worst submarine posted:

I remember reading a mafia thread a year+ ago that was about a race of lizard people holding a deathball competition. It had really good writing and backstories for all the roles. Anyone know where I could find it?

votefinder.org has all of the mafia games with links to the threads, which is probably easier than diving through old threads

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
Anyone here know what became of Tricky Dick Nixon? He was all set to host what seemed like a kickass game of Blades in the Dark but he hasn't posted anything in the Discord since August. Did he die in a mob hit, or get trapped in an isekai anime, or what?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Captain Walker posted:

Anyone here know what became of Tricky Dick Nixon? He was all set to host what seemed like a kickass game of Blades in the Dark but he hasn't posted anything in the Discord since August. Did he die in a mob hit, or get trapped in an isekai anime, or what?

I think this has happened before.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, TDN has vanished before. I don't know any details, but I think he has some instability with housing? I just hope he's safe.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

The worst submarine posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3869056&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Just in case you never found it

Peep me, the cop being killed halfway through day 1

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but can someone pm a mod for me and ask them to add [CYOA] to the title of my thread?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3908680

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice
Is the Blackbird Dreamer thread backed up anywhere? Cause I'm only halfway through and RIP SA.

EDIT or any long running thread, really.
EDIT2: I threw together some Python code that loops through all the pages and saves them out. It's just the HTML so it looks ugly, but it gets all the posts.

HisMajestyBOB fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jun 25, 2020

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

The only talking mouse in all of Britannia.
Is there a TG Discord? If it's in the stickied threads I missed it. I really like PbP but this joint has been the only place that doesn't make me want to gouge my eyes out.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Here's one of the big ones: https://discord.gg/cMXKw7

blaise rascal
May 16, 2012

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
Could anyone recommend me a good, old, finished, play-by-post thread to check out? I'm more interested in a game with a ruleset and a party of PCs, than a CYOA. Thanks in advance!

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I was one of two people who participated in Scruntgame from start to finish, and I must say it was a pretty entertaining read

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

blaise rascal posted:

Could anyone recommend me a good, old, finished, play-by-post thread to check out? I'm more interested in a game with a ruleset and a party of PCs, than a CYOA. Thanks in advance!
Might be a bit of a stretch, but my game Break Down That Gate was somewhere in the middle, an attempt to write a Black Company/Malazan Book of the Fallen type game with a group of 20-40 people (varied throughout the game). Actually finished with an epilogue and everything, and fully illustrated if that's your jam.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I'm using this for a test post again, I need to know exactly how large the following text is, so that I can exactly replicate it in an image processor.

---Now to edit it out so my players don't get spoiled---

breadnsucc
Jun 1, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

breadnsucc fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Aug 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

breadnsucc posted:

I'm looking for some newbie games, D&D 4/5, lancer, other stuff. Mostly just looking to learn to play games and have good times. Haven't had luck finding cool folks locally.

This thread is supposedly about commenting on going games, so I'm not sure if folks will see your post.

I suggest starting by checking the TG Game Recruitment Megathread, see if anyone is recruiting for the kind of game you want right now. There's also the Goons Seeking Games: TG Livegame Contact Thread, which is for anyone looking for a game - more typically, either a physical in-person game local to them, or sometimes an online/discord livegame, but I think it'd be fine to post there that you're seeking a PbP game if that's what you want.