Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

raditts posted:

I thought that one was the "That's a spicy meatball!" ad, which boosted sales of spaghetti but no one could remember it was an Alka-Seltzer commercial.

You are right. I will go hang my head in shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

MindlessHavok posted:

What Android do you have? I've got the Evo and have never had a problem with it.

On topic I loving hate Gossett VW of Alpharetta in Georgia simply for these commercials:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXzLLw86NRE

The Moto Droid, and it performs equally horribly on my grandmother's Droid X. I haven't gotten any significant playtime with the Evo or anything beyond it so it's news to me if they manage to make Flash not suck rear end.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

MindlessHavok posted:

On topic I loving hate Gossett VW of Alpharetta in Georgia simply for these commercials:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXzLLw86NRE

Never seen it before, but the tag-line ("charging forward") convinces me that the Unnamed Rhino is a repeat-character for their commercials. Which means this commercial's humor is self-referential, and therefore even worse than it initially appears.

Still better than Squeeky, though.

kami
Feb 10, 2004

GATTACA!!
GATTACA!!

Sanschel posted:

Hey, Frank's Red Hot Sauce, I know you love your slogan, "I put that sh** on everything," and think it's super hilarious, but it's getting really tired when it gets played twice every ad break on almost every radio station, and it's not that good of a tagline anyway.

So you're saying he's the suit equivalent of Doug Thomas?
meanwhile I can't remember seeing/hearing a single ad for Sriracha and yet.. I put that poo poo on everything.

Sometimes product > advertising

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

"Just a few more ligaments and this baby can shoot 90!"

kami posted:

meanwhile I can't remember seeing/hearing a single ad for Sriracha and yet.. I put that poo poo on everything.

Sometimes product > advertising

Sriracha derail for best derail 2011. Lets do this.

I actually am really enjoying this thread so don't do it but seriously that stuff is fantastic.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.

Mo0 posted:

It's funny because Flash on Android performs horribly and makes me *hate* Flash on mobile devices to the point that Apple's refusal to use it looks like a good idea!

It is even funnier because that commercial is for BlackBerry Playbook. And flash runs perfectly on the Captivate, Inspire, and LG Ally, so your Moto's either suck or you have a major bias.

The Lay's commercials about where they get their potatoe's are back and annoying as they ever were. There is a new one where the guy talks about how much he just LOVES potatoes.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
Make your dinner a wiener!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbQfgVWa1Ds

:stare:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Doc Hawkins posted:

Never seen it before, but the tag-line ("charging forward") convinces me that the Unnamed Rhino is a repeat-character for their commercials. Which means this commercial's humor is self-referential, and therefore even worse than it initially appears.

Still better than Squeeky, though.

It is a repeat character. That's just the most recent commercial and the worst so far.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Yv-k8DHDSc

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

jtsold
Jul 6, 2004
dlostj
I can't stand those Bud Light "man up" commercials. They're offensively unfunny, and I hate that some of my friends laugh at them. They create an absurd character and then have a hot woman point out that he's absurd. That's not loving funny! If comedy were math, those commercials would be the equation 1=1.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Still, they will always be infinitely better than Coors Light's dumbass "Bar Exam."

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Fundamentally the problem is that they're saying that drinking lite beer is manly. And the only people that can accept that are those that are drinking lite beer already.

Come to think of it, there are probably millions of those people. And they're probably those most susceptible to being called a wuss. So those ads are effective and are going to be on TV for the foreseeable future.

Hooray!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
One of the more offensive beer commercials I can recall (of either miller or budweiser) would be the bud light alien chicks. It's on par for their usual sexism but what makes it worse is they try to "even it out" by having the women act like their husbands leaving them to gently caress a bunch of alien women is exactly what they wanted.

EDIT: Here we go!

Kingtheninja fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jun 18, 2011

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

These new Honda Civic commercials where they have 5 seemingly random people/beings driving these cars. I mean just don't get it. Maybe I'm not supposed to.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Kingtheninja posted:

One of the more offensive beer commercials I can recall (of either miller or budweiser) would be the bud light alien chicks. It's on par for their usual sexism but what makes it worse is they try to "even it out" by having the women act like their husbands leaving them to gently caress a bunch of alien women is exactly what they wanted.

EDIT: Here we go!

So…the women are excited because now they can drink Bud Light and eat each others muffs without some icky boy cooties interrupting them?

Bud Light: for losers who want to pork aliens and lesbians.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

vyst posted:

These new Honda Civic commercials where they have 5 seemingly random people/beings driving these cars. I mean just don't get it. Maybe I'm not supposed to.

Different Civics for different lifestyles.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Different Civics for different lifestyles.

Also, mc chris getting royalties.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
The worst commercial is the loving Klondike commercial where the dude is struggling to listen to his wife for 5 seconds. I mean I'm not a feminist or anything and normally I can laugh poo poo like that off, but that commercial is just horrible.

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx
I hate the way this kid looks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIOUxxjGR8c

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Arnold of Soissons posted:

So…the women are excited because now they can drink Bud Light and eat each others muffs without some icky boy cooties interrupting them?

Bud Light: for losers who want to pork aliens and lesbians.

:stare:

I didn't get a lesbian vibe from that at all, just "thank christ we don't have to deal with those assholes anymore, let's have cool parties forever." It's still dumb, sexist and childish, just like "ugggh listening to women is terrible," but if anything the women are being stereotyped as disinterested in sex.

e: hahaha, I just noticed that one of the women in the crowd at the end is a soldier, that's pretty cool

Quandary posted:

I mean I'm not a feminist

Really? That's pretty hosed up.

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jun 19, 2011

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lee Harvey Oswald posted:

I hate the way this kid looks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIOUxxjGR8c

Also, pay attention to the dad at the very end, he can't fake hitting that thing for poo poo.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
It's funny that the shittiest beer has the best commercial...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNz0kdGLX-E

Well, maybe not the best, but it's nice to see a beer commercial just...be a beer commercial.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Attention advertising executives:

Having to listen to anybody chew on or suck down food by way of a boom mic is gross and doesn't encourage me to want to buy your product.

I know you're trying to convince me that the actors/actresses are supposed to be enjoying the food, but really it's just reminiscent of Andrew Zimmern trying to talk around giant mouthfuls of food in Bizarre Foods. Unlike that show, your commercial probably isn't hocking half-rotted chicken embryos that have been buried for nearly a month before they're consumed. That doesn't make it any less gross.

That being said, gently caress everyone responsible for this Kit Kat ad campaign. It strikes this primal font of irritation and anger in me; nails on a chalkboard or balloon rubbing doesn't bother me, but the sound of chewing and crunching drives me up a wall.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Riptor posted:

dont you want flash?

flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash

cause of like newgrounds and stuff?

People still use Newgrounds? :psyduck:

CobiWann posted:

It's funny that the shittiest beer has the best commercial...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNz0kdGLX-E

Well, maybe not the best, but it's nice to see a beer commercial just...be a beer commercial.

Considering how lovely Keystone Light is, it's amazing how great the commercials always are.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

It's almost as if there are different people responsible for the production of the beer and the commercials for the beer.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Keystone knows it's lovely frat party beer, so it doesn't have to even try to sell on anything actually having to do with the beer. It's brilliant, really.

Also Keystone makes cheap lovely beer because if it didn't it would be missing out on a potential market. There is demand for it, and it's happy to be that lowest common denominator of beers, chilling along with Natty.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Natty Light and Keystone Light are the beers of power hours everywhere around the US

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

vyst posted:

Natty Light and Keystone Light are the beers of power hours everywhere around the US

Miller High Life would like a word.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

vyst posted:

I can tolerate Natty if it's very cold, but I'd rather just not drink beer than have Keystone, that's how bad it is. PBR for lyfe, yo.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Go figure, I forgot what beer it was for but there was a commercial I did appreciate for its simplicity. It basically said there's no cold activated button, no bigger pouring hole, etc. It's loving beer, no gimmick bullshit, no dancing frogs or whatever, just drink our beer.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Tracula posted:

Go figure, I forgot what beer it was for but there was a commercial I did appreciate for its simplicity. It basically said there's no cold activated button, no bigger pouring hole, etc. It's loving beer, no gimmick bullshit, no dancing frogs or whatever, just drink our beer.

It was Heineken.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Tracula posted:

Heineken. Kind of funny since they used to have that keg-shaped can.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
My uncle showed me this commercial for an old beer called Rainier beer. I really wish there were more creative beer commercials like this today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz-WuLQz_ns

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Miller High Life would like a word.

If any of you are ever within driving distance of Milwaukee you NEED to go on the Miller brewery tour. Their company history films about Miller Time and The High Life are hilarious. And you can get wasted for free afterwards, even if it's not exactly the best beer.

Everyone also laughed like mad when the tour guide tried to tell us with a straight face about the success of Milwaukee's Best as a "lower price" beer.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Tracula posted:

I like that commercial they had that was a longer version with the same song. I liked that song too.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

ElwoodCuse posted:

Everyone also laughed like mad when the tour guide tried to tell us with a straight face about the success of Milwaukee's Best as a "lower price" beer.

I'd drink Beast as a cheap lovely beer any day.

Less Talk More Rock
May 8, 2007
Would you give it all up to live again?

Vicas posted:

It's like the one commercial I've seen for the entire NHL Playoffs.

You obviously weren't paying attention if you didn't see the two Geico Caveman hockey commentator commercials they rotated every single break.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
I chose to forget they existed. Thanks rear end in a top hat. :mad:

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
Surprised this wasn't mentioned, unless it was. gently caress I hate this commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VYG57yFSIk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Loving Life Partner posted:

Surprised this wasn't mentioned, unless it was. gently caress I hate this commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VYG57yFSIk

It was a highlight of the last threaDATEACOUGAR