Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Since I got the last real post in the last thread I will re post it here.

That loving AT&T commercial with the postponed flash mob is going to give me a stroke.

Oh lol, it's a chubby middle aged white guy doing something wacky! What hijinks will he get up to next?

And who sends a short "hey the meeting's moved" text as one big image attachment? No one, that's who.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Different Civics for different lifestyles.

Also, mc chris getting royalties.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

DJExile posted:

It's been tried a couple times and died pretty fast

Not due to a lack of applicable content, but mainly due to people ignoring it and posting the good ads here anyway.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Quandary posted:

Geico gets a pass for a while solely based on the Foghorn Leghorn commercial.

Also, dogs chasing cats. Seriously one of my favorite ads currently on TV.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

SpacePig posted:

Oh, man, a Farmers insurance commerical just played on the radio with J.K. Simmonds, and it was kind of like listening to a Cave Johnson bit. I like that commercial.

Especially the one where he builds his own flamethrower. You cannot convince me that Cave Johnson does not have a personal flamethrower in his garage at home.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

raditts posted:

They show this on TV??

Every goddamn night on Comedy Central :gonk:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
And I'm pretty sure the girl doing the fistpump is just stock footage that Adult Swim used at one point in their bumps.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Never would I have thought I would miss their "parodies" of Z-list celebrity holiday specials back in the 90s.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
That and if your commute is short enough to justify it (no loving way would I ever take one of those things on an interstate), why not just walk or take a bike? Hell, the bike would probably have more cargo room than one of those drat things.

This is all assuming you live in a city without public transport, of course. Still have no idea how those things caught on in London.

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Oct 4, 2011

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

aquatic sideshow posted:

WENDY'S STOP MAKING AND AIRING COMMERCIALS!!! They all suck so much!

And they'll keep sucking until necromancy is perfected and Zombie Dave Thomas takes the reins again.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
So am I the only one mildly creeped out by this cell phone ad with the six-armed lady?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

aquatic sideshow posted:

Man I wish that a commercial could tell me how to make a Disoronno on the rocks and cranberry. I can't figure that poo poo out on my own.

Holy poo poo man, did you remember to write it down? I'd never remember it otherwise.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
I dunno if this is local or nationwide, but Conoco-Phillips is currently bombarding us with a "hydrofracking is PERFECTLY SAFE!" ad that feels just about as truthful and informative as the ol' "high fructose corn syrup comes from corn, therefore it's natural and good for you!" campaign.

"Tap water on fire? Urban legend! Tainted groundwater? SHUT UP HIPPIE! We wouldn't do this if it were unsafe, we're a REAL AMERICAN corporation. It's helping the economy!"

:suicide:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Maxwell Lord posted:

Moustache is funny.

Exploshuuuns.
I dunno, I like it. Mainly because it reminds me of the hovercraft discussion from the Metalocalypse pilot :3:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
You know, the new McDonalds ad may be the first time where I agree with the "bitchy" girlfriend about the man being a total loving idiot.

Seriously, what the gently caress is the appeal of the McRib? And it comes back EVERY loving YEAR, this isn't a surprise.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Wagonburner posted:

I don't know why I go to Mcdonalds. Their fries are the best

Someone's never been to a Checkers.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Speaking of a horrible tech-based company who has yet to put out a single ad that isn't offensively stupid: Tiger.com.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Floofykins posted:

Were the Christmas commercials this obnoxious last year? You got Santa taking Aleve for his chronic back pain, Merry Pringles, and that drat autotuned Kmart song with lyrics about layaway.

Don't forget the bitchiest daughter ever in the latest eBay ad or the slow descent into RINGDINGADINGRINGDINGADING madness that is Wal-Mart's current campaign.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Combo posted:

What, you mean the company that took over an abandon gas station in my town is in no way a reputable place to have my taxes done? But they have a defunct car wash and everything!

You got a gas station? Wow, ours had to settle for an abandoned Sonic.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

vyst posted:

gently caress the haters. That JC Penney commercial with the people screaming cracks me up everytime. Especially at that lady at the end. Every loving time. I'm such a child.

Sorry, Bridgestone did it better.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

DrBouvenstein posted:

I'm partial to these two:

Bounce

Charmin

Edit: But I feel guilty for liking them because they're by Tim and Eric...:ohdear:

You forgot the best one.

POTATO CHIPS!

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

U.T. Raptor posted:

Goddammit, random car ad, I thought I would never have to hear that loving awful "riding dirty" song again :argh:

It's the first time I've heard it instead of White And Nerdy in at least three years.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

keiran_helcyan posted:

"That's a woman!?"

I'm not sure why this line has to be repeated in every version of the commercial I've seen so far.

Because in the Lorax's mind, she's not a woman, but a huwore.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Sash! posted:

Fish aren't warm blooded. Apparently this what the cutoff for what counts.

Apparently beaver meat doesn't count either, due to politicking/technicalities.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

hamster_style posted:

Also, beaver meat sounds so gross.

What did you expect, it's Quebec.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Dear Heineken: Valentine's day was nearly a month ago. No, I still do not want a serenade. Get this tone deaf lisping dumbass off my TV.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
So... what the gently caress do post-apocalyptic robot hologram dog races have to do with vodka?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Not hate, but something I have to point out: That's Garrus/Brandon Keener in the new AT&T ad (the speed dating one), right? I'm not crazy? Because goddamn I'd recognize that voice anywhere.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

iastudent posted:

They've been using those idiots in their commercials forever.

I wouldn't mind going for some popcorn chicken but they closed both of the Sonics closest to me. :smith:

Both? I can actually think of at least 6 Sonics within 50 miles of here. Overpriced mediocre hot dogs and flavor shots, as far as the eye can see.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

CapnAndy posted:

Burger King is better than McDonald's. Wendy's is better than either of them.

My colon's reaction to the first (and last) Baconater I ever had begs to differ.

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Apr 6, 2012

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

SlothfulCobra posted:

I actually like the level of control over your sandwich that you get at subway, but Jimmy Johns is definitely more dedicated. Last year when campus was snowed in and earlier this week when we were pinned down by a tornado warning, they were still delivering.

Their drivers fear no death.

THC's a helluva drug.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Maxwell Lord posted:

I do legitimately really like the new Nokia smartphone ad where Chris Parnell goes around telling everyone they've participated in a beta test with all their various crappy phones. It's clever and he's funny.

I was pre-biased against them for thinking that first ad was a Hulu preview before seeing the Nokia logo.

Oh Dr. Spaceman, why can't you just join your friends in the brain-eating conspiracy?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Congratulations Burger King, you've done the impossible: You've made me sick of Salma loving Hayek.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Yes, Zooey Deschanel, it's raining. You could just LOOK OUT YOUR drat WINDOW instead of asking your phone.

Yes, we get it, you're quirky. Just please get off my television.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

CapnAndy posted:

Behold the Manic Pixie Dream Girl. Behold, and despair, for all your works are naught against her quirkiness!

But thankfully experts are had at work on a cure for the condition.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

raditts posted:

Hey now, she also sings a lot.

To be fair, anyone looks better when paired with Jean-Ralphio. He's like a human Armani.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

RaspberryCommie posted:

It's...mediocre, I think.

Mediocre and overpriced!

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
I kinda feel sorry for all the states that don't have Raising Cain's. How do you even tailgate properly without that stuff?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Domino's, meanwhile, hides their crazy creationism funding and is still poo poo. Coincidence?

Yes, probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
That new Kayak ad with the dilated eyes... there are no words to describe it, only silent unending horror :gonk: