Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

OfDeathandTaverns posted:

this ad might be worse than that Victoria's Secret ad from a few years ago that had a limerick that rhymed air with air.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFYryDW9f_4

It's the Geico commercial that says "does it take two to tango?" and then completely misunderstands the point of the adage by showing three people trying to tango. The whole point of the saying is that there are some things you cannot do on your own. So the ad should be showing one person trying to tango.

I don't think you get the joke. The line of ads have phrases that they take literally. There's another based on "the pen is mightier than the sword" and "dogs chase cats".

Sanschel posted:

The two most irritating ads on right now:

1) The car ad where it's a little girl in the driver's seat, fidgeting around while her dad lectures her, until he gives her the keys and she's actually a teenager (a 20-something teenager) and she drives off.

And if you can't even be bothered to show how great your loving product is, you have some brass balls to claim it's the best version on the market. What does "done right" even mean here? Are the competing tablets made of twigs and mud? Do they immediately burst into flames the first time they're turned on? Where do you get off being so goddam smug?

I think you're reaching. The ad is probably pretty rooted in reality, where the dad still sees his daughter as his "little girl" and it's difficult to accept she's growing up. He gave her the keys and told her to be safe, there was no overprotective or controlling aspects besides a father sending his daughter on one of her first driving trips alone.

And the second ad a ton of companies don't actually sell how good their product is but a general "we're the best" or even a wacky zany scenerio. If you're against this ad you probably are against 80% of the ads out today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sep 13, 2007

Kruller posted:

I must preface this by saying that we never have the volume on at work, so most ads I see, I don't hear. That being said, the new Wendy's commercial with the baby eating a pile of messy food, and the dad eating a burger and being just as messy is so god drat adorable it makes me want to throw up. That baby does the most hilarious head waggle I've ever seen, like "gently caress yeah I'm eatin this food and it's awesome".

There's some sorta nasty chewing noises that makes the commercial kinda gross to hear.

I hate the new World of Warcraft commercial. This one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV397Ov-w4s (not the Chuck Norris one). I don't think this is going to bring people in if they see a selfish and shallow person throw away a relationship for a game.

Sep 13, 2007

Mister Kingdom posted:

I wanna force feed this dick a year's supply of tequila.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8x-NByi3qY

All of these commercials, all of them are just him being a smug douchebag. They air on BBC America a lot and it makes me almost not want to watch Top Gear because of them.

Sep 13, 2007

Mister Kingdom posted:

Normally, I kinda like the Progressive Flo ads. Until this came along:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpE-MYBXnag

I can't hit the mute button fast enough.

It should be illegal to do this.