Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Doc Hawkins posted:

It is a true classic.

Hey that thing is catchy. I'd buy some cable from them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Gonz posted:

Tom "Biff Tannen" Wilson does the voiceovers for the Golden Corral commercials.

This blows my loving mind.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Joe Don Baker posted:

Would it blow your mind even more if I told you he's sort of a comedian and that he is a regular on a nationally syndicated redneck radio show?

That's pretty awesome. I did see him on Franklin and Bash doing a comedy role and was pretty funny.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Jos a bank commercials crack me up for the same reason lol

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

raditts posted:

Let's not forget his groundbreaking role as Maniac in Wing Commanders 3 and 4.

It's funny you mention that I was *just* talking with someone today about old school games and Wing Commander came up and he had never played it and I had to of course sing the praises of Biff Tannen, Malcolm McDowell, and Luke Skywalker (and Josh Lucas) all doing fmv. The good ol days

Biff doesn't look like he's aged that well though at least from what I can tell

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Tracula posted:

Some ads that make me feel uncomfortable are the ones who show starving kids in Africa, sad puppies and kitties in shelters, etc and beg for just 17 cents a day. I know they're good causes but the reason they make me uncomfortable is I always wonder how much does it cost them to air these commercials so many times a day?

I always turn the channel for those ASPCA commercials. I know they are cute, battered animals but i can't watch :ohdear:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Vicas posted:

No, Dodge, I haven't been wondering where the Durango's been, stop asking.

lol that commercial *just* came on*

*on like 10 different channels gently caress you Dodge.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

These new Honda Civic commercials where they have 5 seemingly random people/beings driving these cars. I mean just don't get it. Maybe I'm not supposed to.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Natty Light and Keystone Light are the beers of power hours everywhere around the US

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Tracula posted:

Go figure, I forgot what beer it was for but there was a commercial I did appreciate for its simplicity. It basically said there's no cold activated button, no bigger pouring hole, etc. It's loving beer, no gimmick bullshit, no dancing frogs or whatever, just drink our beer.

I like that commercial they had that was a longer version with the same song. I liked that song too.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Loving Life Partner posted:

Surprised this wasn't mentioned, unless it was. gently caress I hate this commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VYG57yFSIk

It was a highlight of the last threaDATEACOUGAR

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

dominator posted:

At the very end of this commercial (theres a shorter cut that doesn't have it) one of the kids chucks a soccer ball at his teachers face or something. That really bothers me for some reason.

I love it because it looks like that kid puts some serious loving velocity on that ball. Like he's some freak mutant baseball prodigy we'll see playing in the majors at age 12.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I actually just saw that Pepsi commercial for the first time and I find it straight up offensive for the animators of the original coke CGI commercials.

Not saying the originals aren't played out but the animation for those pepsi ones are horrible.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Someone in the sports subforum has that Ovetchkin laugh as an avatar gif and it cracks me up every time. Nice to see the original commercial.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

ALFbrot posted:

Speaking of these, if you were one of the girls in the videos, wouldn't you be mad if you were the one girl in the commercials whose tits get censored by "MONEY BACK GUARANTEE" instead of "SO HOT" or whatever?

What if you were parents of the girl with the MONEY BACK GUARANTEE?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Buzkashi posted:

http://www.amazinavenue.com/2011/7/12/2273187/transcript-of-justin-timberlake-trolling-joe-buck-on-live-television

There's video down at the bottom, not sure how long it'll last.

"Just a classy guy with a ... classy voice"

Harking back to the lovely hhgregg commercials with the Help cover, there's one that's been playing lately with a woman getting frustrated by her washing machine - granted, she's trying to close the lid when she has obviously overloaded it with clothes (as in they're spilling out the top) and pours detergent into the little measuring cap until it overflows all over her hand, and she throws up her arms in annoyance. I don't think that buying a new washing machine will help those problems, lady.

Oh man I laughed hard at this

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Heh did anyone else notice the directtv stockbroker guy had a house arrest ankle bracelet on?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Those moneymutual and "indian version of moneymutual" commercials piss me off to no end just because of the business. They're essentially legal loan sharks and it boggles my mind how they can do business like that and it's nbd.

Also funny part is in the fine print the APR is something absurd like %497 which made me chuckle.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

LASTCAR posted:

If I see that loving FOX commercial for the show with Zoey Deschanel and the three gay guys one more time, something's gonna die.

The funny thing is I don't even think the black guy (Damon Wayans Jr.) is even on the show anymore - he's going back to Happy Endings since it got renewed.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

If I wasn't so jaded from the last lovely PotA movie I'd probably go see it.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

J33uk posted:

KFC delivers in Egypt. It's delivered by dudes on motorcycles and is reasonably good. Well. Sometimes.

I wonder if Taco Bell food there results in a worse making GBS threads experience than eating the native foods of Egypt.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Hey Arby's I still hate your commercials and the dickbag on them. Just fyi.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

DJExile posted:

hahahahaha :golfclap:

Also why are you parents covering up your fiber cereal? If the kid doesn't want it then he doesn't get breakfast.

Kids have to be coddled this way because it's a crime and child abuse if they don't like what you serve them for food. I hate this generation.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Jess I don't give a gently caress if you're making my pizza.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I can't stand that Geico commercial where the 3 office nerds are doing dumb poo poo with their smartphones. I just want to drop kick them all.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Really the only one you can like is the Randy Johnson one where he owns that dude.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

benzero posted:

My kid has been singing this for a couple of days, along with the "JAYYYY GEEEEE WENTWORTH! CALL 877 CASH NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!" and I feel like a terrible parent.

This one drives me crazy. Is this guy making GBS threads that drat much? And, go get the drat extra roll yourself!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYZMlOFU4zM

I think toilet paper commercials in general make me furious. The bears from charmin are basically a tv friendly way of discussing dingleberries.

ITS MY MONEY AND I WANT IT NOWWWWW

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Never Odd or Even posted:

I really want all the miller lite adds to go on for like 30s more, so we can see the one guy realize how lovely his friends are and vow to never hang out with them again. Or see the bitchy bartender from the older ones get stiffed on tips and fired for driving off business.

"When this poo poo happens in the real world" edition. Heh

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I like to pretend that after they took that guy's chicken mcnuggets that they beat him over the head with a baseball bat mid poem and then stole his wallet to buy some more McNuggets to go.

Ryokurin posted:

I just saw a commercial for shoe lifts for men, I think it was for liftkits but I don't remember. Anyhow it started out with a blinking "PAY ATTENTION!! Would you like an extra two inches??" I seriously thought it was going to be a commercial about penis implants.

What I don't get is who the gently caress would buy this? I mean really? 2 inches of your height is what is seperating your life from being complete poo poo to awesomeness? Give me a break. I also like that they do the comparison with the girl next to him and even after the 2 inches he's still barely taller than her. She's like an amazon woman.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

On a Ads we don't hate note- the Toshiba ad for the laptop hard drive and the TV wireless still crack me up whenever I see them

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

DJExile posted:

They're dancing around that in amazing fashion. Now it just "makes you feel good" or something.

I got 15 bucks from the activia class action lawsuit :smug:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

People regularly eat food that is filled with sodium and saturated fats and they think it's healthy because it says low cal on the package. If losing 60 pounds in the last year has taught me anything it's the nutrition should be something parents teach their kids because the schools don't give it much attention and it's a really important (and simple) thing that I personally regret learning about so (relatively) late in my life.

Jamie Oliver did an entire tv show season on this and it didn't get him very far heh.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

MillionsV posted:

If you have migraines... you know pain.

And if you don't know, well now ya know :snoop:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

freehotel posted:

Party Rock Anthem-Kia Soul Hamster Commercial [HD]: Party Rock Anthem-LMFAO

If I ever see a friend or family member drive a loving Kia Soul...well, I probably won't do anything cause I drive a Sunfire, but still. Painfully awful commercial.

I like this one a ton more than the other one though.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

The Zoosk commercial where the girl goes out to a bar with the guy and plays darts still cracks me up though.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

SamBishop posted:

MOUNTAINTOP!

I still don't know why he screams that, but it gets me every time. That and his KA-KA-KOW! stretch right before while he gets "stupid loose".

I lose it when the dude gets hit with the dart and slams his head on the table. Every time.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

The guy throwing the dart is in a bunch of commercials lately. I've seen him in a Bud Light one, and this one where he's a dad or something.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

DJExile posted:

Yeah he's like the white version of that Asian guy that pops up everywhere.

E: This guy

I feel weird that I knew exactly what guy you were talking about before watching the clip heh

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I hate the new Taco Bell commercial where they have an "edgy" trick chef making that 99 cent chicken, ranch, cheese, and wrap. I'm trying to use my imagination but given the types of stoners that work at my local taco bell I have a hard time pretending that kind of effort is put into that wrap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Sporadic posted:

gently caress you Tobacco Free Florida. This is just disgusting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHFybmby7-U

Goddamn I haven't seen that one yet here. That's nasty