Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Alterian posted:

Yes! And everyone in the ad is a douchebag.

You realize that this is 2011 and that doesn't narrow it down at all, right?

It's right here, and apparently the goobers on youtube, including the one who posted it, think this is the funniest poo poo ever. That makes me even more mad, because they're all wrong and it just means the ad companies will just make more insulting poo poo like this.

This ad also features gratuitous sound effects (when they take out all their gizmos) and I want them all to die because of it. All of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED
"Big. Big. Big." For far too long, of course. They could make their point in half a dozen, not loving 30 of them.

Then "unbig. uncar." They left out "unsafe" and "uncrumplezone." Cars like that are death traps on a road full of pickups and SUVs, no matter how environmentally friendly they might be.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED
I saw an ad recently that's basically the antithesis of most other ads on TV that I've grown to hate so much. It's for Hamburger Helper.

Empty kitchen table in the background, mom opens a cupboard and obscures the table. She calls, "Who wants Hamburger Helper?" and shuts the door, and all of a sudden the table is full of grinning, eager family members.

It's simple. It delivers the message the company wants in about 5 seconds. There's no trace of smugness, it doesn't go for cheap laughs at the expense of any one character or group (e.g. "Haha that man is so stupid/whipped"). And it still manages to be clever. It's just about the perfect ad.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

SpacePig posted:

But she's an attractive young woman! Who plays WoW! That means there are girls on the internet, and that I have a chacne of meeting one through Wow!

And this one is single! So if you play your cards right, guys, you might actually have a chance of meeting and loving her! She's going to lay there like a dead fish the whole time, judging by her vibrant performance in the ad, but it still counts.

Though it is probably the most honest portrayal of the "fun" you have in WoW once you reach endgame that I've seen out of Blizzard. Really, if the ad were four seconds longer it could be a public service announcement. "Don't let videogames ruin your social life. This message brought to you by the American Videogame Addiction Center and the Ad Council."