Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Still, they will always be infinitely better than Coors Light's dumbass "Bar Exam."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

This glorious magnum opus has been on our local ESPN radio station for some time.

The video doesn't do it justice, as it repeats twice.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

That loving AT&T "guy who screws up the flash mob" commercial.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

GonSmithe posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX1NweNbGf8

This. This commercial. It plays pretty much every other commercial break on like every channel here in New York.

Hey hey!

I knew this looked familiar.

I like Cleveland's version better.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Hey Chase, change your stupid theme song. I must have literally heard it about 300 times by now.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

On apparently every station around here there are two sets of double State Farm ads with the stupid jingle played by some guy with a guitar in various ways, with various lyrics. Since each individual one lasts 15 seconds and SF buys 30 seconds of airtime, they are played BACK TO BACK whenever they come on. Constantly. So after the first two come on (back to back), I know I'm going to hear the second two in the next commercial break. Without fail.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

The Quake posted:

Gary Busey started doing ads for a car dealership here in Houston, which is funny because when I youtubed it I saw he had done some for another dealership in Pittsburgh. Guy gets around.

Ahahahaha it's so terrible!

For the curious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En8F9QPWOvY

Definitely :wtc:

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Wagonburner posted:

Isn't there some candy in the UK or something that has the exact some tagline "NOT FOR WOMEN!"

You're thinking of Yorkie: http://www.nestle.co.uk/brands/Pages/Yorkie.aspx :chef:

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

Next gripe, and this is more audio than visual: The new trend of "Wacky Quiz Show Ads". Case in point: Netflix.

"What is blue plus seventeen?"
"A taco salad."

*DING*

"If pigs can fly, what can dogs do?"
"My taxes."

*DING*

And so on.

There's a local restaurant that ripped off the exact same format and it's really diluted and derivative.

Seriously, gently caress these. It sounds like a bad Kids in the Hall sketch.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

The Moon Monster posted:

It's a fun thought experiment to try and imagine what it's like being so insecure that that commercial actually appeals to you.

Bought this by mistake.

It is terrible.

DP's hopes must be that others will be as blind as I was.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Just hooked our TV up tonight. Have seen the JC Penney commercial about half a dozen times already. If that poo poo doesn't stop by 2.1.12 I may disconnect the TV again.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

ElwoodCuse posted:

The "is it safe?" VW dad is a 10th-degree black belt wuss.

What if he's letting the baby drive? :)

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

DJExile posted:

Toledo was one of their test markets. I tried one for shits and giggles. It's not great.

FTFY.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Industrial posted:

There is some new DVR out called the "Hopper" and apparently the best way to sell it is to have a house full of obese people with speech impediments yelling the name of the product at each other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq_hOx8E2uo

Not speech impediments. Just from the Northeast.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Maxwell Lord posted:

On the other side, there's an ad I can't find on Youtube for the local Worlds of Fun theme park, which is a family sitting around the table communicating in screams. Fun.

This ad airs for a San Francisco theme park as well. It sucks especially because every family member in the ad has a weird face.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Hey hey, me oh my oh SHUT THE gently caress UP METROPCS!

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

ThisisaHondaad.
AHondaad?
AHondaad.
WhatkindofdealcanIgetinthisHondaad?
Areallybigone.
Bigone?
Bigone.

I am getting so loving tired of these. I imagine they appeal to the same sort of person that finds Zooey Deschanel quirky and uses words like "boom!" to emphasize small victories.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Thwomp posted:

My current bane: STREEEEEEAMMMM....STREAM STREAM STREEEEEEEEEEEEAM STREAM.

gently caress you Comcast.

This has been stuck in my head all loving day. If only there was some way for your TV to tell the station which provider it is already signed up with, so it can broadcast some other ad.

The most annoying part for me is the guy near the end who tries to sing super low and it stands out SO BAD.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Gaunab posted:

Wow, that's weird. I guess people need to know how many photographers use this phone for their skydiving photography.

They could use 5,000 guys for all I care as long as they stop using that loving non-song. I have to hit mute every time.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Industrial posted:

Is there some context to the iPhone ad with the guy who only speaks in single words that I am missing?

Not much. John Malkovich (the guy) talks in a slow and subdued manner and it's part of what makes his acting distinctive.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

I never noticed this in Southern California, but in Northern California, whether I'm watching Hulu or network TV, I get ads from Honda/Chevy, Sleep Train, Citibank, and very little else. It's starting to drive me batty. Do service providers (I have the same provider for TV and Internet) control which ads are shown?

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Those two girls in the new Carl's Jr. ad look about fourteen years old.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

DrBouvenstein posted:

If I could go five minutes without seeing trailers for "A Haunted House", that would be great.

I shouldn't have a loving trailer for a really lovely parody movie memorized.
"Welcome to the terror-dome, bitch!"
"Where your furniture, cuz?"
"Connect the lines..."
"TIC TAC TOE IN YOUR FACE!!!"
"Yeah, I kicked you in your ghost-balls!"

:suicide:

Thank you. I didn't know it was possible to have anything but music stuck in my head until I had this trailer in there the other morning. I hope it loses a ton of money and ruins genre comedies for the next twenty years.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Y'all thought the Hopper ads were bad...check out A&E's latest show:
http://bcove.me/b08oo3u0

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

"SOMEBODY LOVES POTATOES!"

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Has anyone else seen that L. Ron Hubbard commercial or is it just me? I don't want to track down the video in case I get put on some sort of watchlist.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

skaboomizzy posted:

How about the allergy medication commercial where the guy is talking to a convertible? The first line is "I wish I could own you, but I can't take your top down because of my allergies" or something like that. I was putzing around on my phone the first time it came on and wasn't watching so the audio alone made me look up and say WHAT??

I did the same double-take and still do. Who the hell wrote that?

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Hey T-Mobile, I'm pretty sure Jimi Hendrix wouldn't appreciate being corporatized.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

When will it be OK for us to start hating Hopper ads again?

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

404GoonNotFound posted:

Wait, there was a point when we stopped?

Well, Boston.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

This Acura commercial ticks me off every time I even think about it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=ttc9KEeM5lM

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

That iPhone 5C ad has played at least a dozen times during the football game that my wife and I are watching, and it's a little weird because it basically sounds like a woman getting hot and bothered over phones with color cases.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Hey Remy Martin, I wasn't gonna drink you before, I'm sure as hell ain't gonna drink you now.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

gently caress it. Jan from Toyota. Michael Bolton. Fight to the death.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGJSI48gkFc

I was in this thread to post this commercial halfway through it. Ugh. Please tell me some international posters are in here.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Crusty Nutsack posted:

Cruncha muncha cruncha muncha

fritos on my sub

WHY DO THEY WHISPER THE MOST IMPORTANT PART! arg I hate this commercial so much

Why the hell does Subway, which has more restaurants than McDonald's, still have an advertising budget that goes entirely to athletes and not at all to proper marketing?

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Go away Gentleman Jack.

This is the order of the order by the order for the :suicide:

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

404GoonNotFound posted:

Okay Dish Network, it's been one night and I'm already sick of your Fake Samba Dancer. Quit it. Please.

Would you prefer the dancing marionette lady?

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Grin and Tonic posted:

Was it Carls' Jr or Burger king who had the commercials with Padma from Top Chef in her underwear eating burgers

edit: i do not want to google this

Carl's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Can Chevrolet make ONE commercial that a) doesn't run every break and b) doesn't have an aging rocker screaming at the top of his lungs?