Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Similarly stupid, there's this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vqeXaa1pw8

I'm fairly sure that commercial wasn't made to encourage people to buy a Kindle, but actually to encourage Kindle owners to be smug about owning a Kindle. I mean, if their demographic were people without Kindles, they wouldn't be trying to make people without Kindles look like giant morons, right?

Also if that woman in the commercial (the character) were a real person I'd be 100% positive she'd never read a book in her life. Which means she'd already be a Kindle owner. :smug:

I think the proper response is to take that kindle, throw it across the room so that it gets smashed to bits, and say "A book would still be useful after that."

I mean if she's folding down pages instead of using a bookmark, she clearly doesn't mind a little superficial damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

That Charter internet commercial where the girl talking to her parents is subtitled with what she really means bugs the hell out of me for some reason. Maybe it's because her expression looks so totally fake and inhuman.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

They are real.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I wonder whether re-airing old commercials would be a decent marketing strategy. I think that the Frito Bandito and Burger King were pretty clever. There have been some "classic" products in their original style of packaging around lately, so I don't see why it wouldn't work just as well to put out the old ads, too.

And didn't this Coke commercial go viral back in its day? Maybe it'd work today.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I gotta wonder about the effectiveness of car commercials. Does anybody really get the urge to run out and buy a new car after seeing one of these?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I remember the coin that was supposedly made out of gold and silver recovered from ground zero, as if the company was sifting through the wreckage to find people's valuables to melt down.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Sporadic posted:

gently caress you Tobacco Free Florida. This is just disgusting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHFybmby7-U

Did they get that from an organ donor? Because that's a pretty insulting thing to do with someone's remains.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

So I was wondering about these "multigrain" products, and what could possibly be so much healthier about having multiple kinds of grain as opposed to just one.

Turns out that wasn't always the way they were marketed.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I keep on running across old commercials that beat the pants off of modern ones. Observe.

So buy us at once; a bundle of charms. And if you don't buy us, WE'LL BREAK BOTH YOUR ARMS.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

raditts posted:

I noticed that Hyundai replaced Pamplemoose (aka Girl Justin Bieber) with some other wacky youtube-grown indie girl playing horrible music this year. At least this one is kind of pleasant to look at, I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpvS5VyrOVQ

Am I supposed to know who Jessica Frech is?

My god, that underbite, it looks like her jaw is trying to escape from her face.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I hate those ASPCA commercials that have pictures of animals with blank looks on their faces and now UNICEF has made a version with african children instead.

They don't look sad or anything, they're just bored and staring at the camera.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

SpazmasterX posted:

It's hilarious that they think we honestly care even a tenth as much about starving african children than we do about abused animals. They've been trying to get us to give them money for years, and then the ASPCA rolls up and depresses the poo poo out of everyone.

The ASPCA's commercials come closer to pulling heart strings because it's harder to read animal expressions. To a lot of people all a dog needs to do to look happy is have its mouth open. All the animal pictures they use are just what dogs and cats look like when they're bored and not doing anything.

It's just more obvious with UNICEF's commercials that they just went up to some random kids and filmed them, even though they weren't too sad looking.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The Moon Monster posted:

I've never really thought about this before since I've been seeing the commercials fpor half my life and have become numb to them, but what's the deal with that Gerber life insurance? Why would I want life insurance for an infant?

The theory is that once you get old, life insurance is expensive to buy, and with Gerber you'll end up paying a lower price in your old age.

The business strategy is that young people have less of a chance of dying and nobody's going to kill their own kid just for the insurance money, so there's decades of people paying into the system without many payouts being necessary.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Why would I ever want to cook meals for myself when can eat MEXICAN FAST FOOD?!

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

jabro posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAQjF5RPgbg&sns=em

I just saw this about half an hour ago. I can't decide if its real or someone screwed up and released an April Fools joke too early.

It actually sounds like someone doing a bad Vince Offer impersonation, but that's just him.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Hey, do you guys remember Family Guy?

Do you guys remember that one joke about "Coo Huip" that wasn't all that great to begin with?

It's baaaaaaaaaaaaack...

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

saberwulf posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9s-VkwSfNA

OH HOLY gently caress NEW FROM SHAMWOW OR WHATEVER THE poo poo IT'S THE SCHTICKY

LOOK AT THAT WE MADE A PRISON JOKE OH poo poo ALL THREE SCHTICKYS ONLY NINETEEN loving GODDAMN DOLLARS PLUS FIFTY BUCKS "SHIPPING AND HANDLING" BUY NOW SCHTICKY SCHTICKY SCHTICKY

I really hate Vince Offer, and Schticky is a retarded name to give to a product, just like Slap-Chop and Shamwow.

I really can't tell if this is supposed to be serious or not.

"Hey ladies, you can schticky your pussy!"

"Oh, sorry, I see you're playing with your schticky, I'll come back later!"

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

So there's this commercial that's been bugging the hell out of me about a lovely guy who cares more about the game than his girlfriend. i have no idea how the internet works, so I performed a pagan ritual to summon this footage of it.

Now I need to clean up all of this goat blood.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

They can't all be a man riding a jalapeno.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Stairs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bUQfLwMTwk
The Pedi Spin
Oh...my...God. We know this is a vibrating foot file, WHY do we need to see the literal sheets of flesh peeling off? I could have gone the rest of my life not seeing some woman on TV sloughing off half her drat foot. Also on the youtube version you can't really hear it, but on TV there's this constant droning buzz every time they show the thing in action that causes an instant headache for me.

Why do people keep inventing and selling these things? Are there really that many people concerned with their foot skin being too thick?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I actually like the level of control over your sandwich that you get at subway, but Jimmy Johns is definitely more dedicated. Last year when campus was snowed in and earlier this week when we were pinned down by a tornado warning, they were still delivering.

Their drivers fear no death.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

This.

Not only is the talking baby creepy, that is the worst name for a product that I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Preying on people's lack of self confidence by offering a magical cure-all for attracting girls?

Why Axe, I never thought you'd be so direct. :allears: