Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
It might be the fact that when I first saw the trailer it was blaring at me in a theater or maybe it looks like they're trying too hard to make it seem zany, but I can't wait for March 2nd to get here so commercials for that Project X movie can end.

Also the Chevy Sonic ads with We Are Young playing. I don't really find the ad that offensive but it seems to play every commercial break. I hate when songs are repeated because i'll eventually get tired of them so hearing just the chorus of that one song has become aggravating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Why do people not count fish as meat during lent? Is it because it's from the sea?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

muscles like this? posted:

My brother thinks I'm crazy but there's another commercial that's literally exactly the same, just with a different guy doing the shooting.

There's one where he says his name and another shorter one where they skip who it is and try to sell the phone on it's...skydiving abilities.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Wow, that's weird. I guess people need to know how many photographers use this phone for their skydiving photography.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I was watching comedy central at night when during the show a large "Tosh 5.29" appeared faintly in the center of the screen; Scared the poo poo out of me. I'm glad Tosh.0 is successful for comedy central(not really), but just put the advertisements in the corner of the screen so I can try to ignore it.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Man, John Malkovich is so lonely he has to ask his iphone to tell him a joke :(

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Google+ ads, while a noble endeavor, don't make it seem too appealing. They all seem so generic like the guys freaking out about their friend wearing an apron and the women freaking out about an engagement. I guess it's better than their first ads where the guy stalked the girl and ended up marrying her.

And this Klondike ad. I was watching the South Park Marathon yesterday and they seriously played it like 3 times per commercial break.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

The Grimace posted:

I don't want to believe Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter takes itself seriously, but all of the commercials and the R rating really make myself scared. I'm not sure I could even enjoy such a stupid premise if it were a joke. I might need to look up some more information on this crap so I can perfectly articulate how stupid I think it is. It's like a fake movie.

The newest one they started playing this week with the guy giving a presentation on it has a weird atmosphere. Like they wanted it to be funny but then at the end go "No, this poo poo is serious loving business!"

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Back to school ads are like christmas ads, they just come earlier and earlier each year. I really want them to start over-lapping.

"Know what your kids need this holiday season? Trapper-keepers!"

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Gonz posted:

Olde Brooklyn Lantern

Hey, things like these make it easier to survive some sort of apocalyptic event. Pretty soon people are going to be complaining why the survivors didn't use a Olde Brooklyn Lantern when they went exploring the mutant infested caves during movies. Also I'm sure some people like to pretend they're green lanterns too.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
IHOP is great because you can switch out your fries for some delicious flapjacks and if eating a burger with a side of pancakes ain't the most American thing ever, well by golly I don't know what is. :911:

As for bad commercials, whatever car company is doing the one that has the impromptu midnight skinny dipping, with the group of people getting locked and using their phone to unlock it is stupid. There are a number of ways to showcase that feature with out seeming so douchey.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I feel ignorant for hating this commercial(can't find the 30 second version):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdpKIjpaBU8

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
The wolf's solo is very grating to me and for some reason the 30 second version isn't as catchy (and it's Levar Burton-less). Also it's played a lot and I don't need no commercial telling me to read my books and whatnot. I'm edjumacated.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Rirse posted:

Hate this ad for some rap album that plays twice in one commercial block on Adult Swim. It shows a test pattern followed by a "turn off your tv and go outside" message, then shows the information for his crappy album.

I think it's Lupe Fiasco you're talking about and his new album is not crappy:colbert:

I dislike this anti-texting while driving campign that at&t has going on. All the commercials are stupid. All of them.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
These specialized dating sites are starting to get ridiculous. Just saw one for Cougarlife.com that came with it's own half-assed song.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
It seems like every advertising company and their mother is using "Coming Home" in their commercials. Is that song public domain now or something?

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

"It's like we're not even taste buds...we're taste bros."

shut up Sonic shut up shut up shut UUUUP

Just think, someone at Sonic thought that people were craving these two in Sonic commercials.

raditts posted:

There are actually two different commercials for Cougarlife, each with their own unique half-assed song. One of them tries to lip-sync the song to stock video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShB45_6j0lk

http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-video-13204973-closeup-of-woman-singing.php?st=cccae8f

That's just sad.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
There's this anti-bullying commercial I just saw with some kids bullying some kid on a bus. I can't find it but it's pretty uncomfortable to watch.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
The creepy Folgers ad with the incest subtext in back. Still weird.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Flavor Monsters. I'm not sure why they spent so much money to advertise a mediocre cellphone game. The ads don't even capture the feel of it.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

NC-17 posted:

The original was great though. But only because I think the subtext was she found out he was cheating and knew he was leaving to go see his lover. So she made a video of herself loving the poolboy.

You need to talk bro?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Saw an ad before Django Unchained last night about some Glenn Beck show that was supposed to be hilarious. Someone paid for that.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
^^^Having Kidz bop in Walmart almost seems redundant since walmart censors their cd's anyway.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
The taco bell commercial with Big Poppa dubbed in spanish. I guess it's a way for them to avoid paying for the song but it sounds so wrong.

squarerandom posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdNOWSmrQ6o
This commercial kils me every time the hawk creeps from underneath the table. I missed most of the superbowl so sorry if it's a repost.

I love this commercial.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

Also glad to see that Kraft has significantly whitened up their Kraft Singles commercials. Original

drat. White people go HAM when making grilled cheese.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I like Queen as much as the next person but that Sonos commercial is getting grating.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
The Kia forte ad that plays the Human Being song from Drive make me laugh. I feel like Ryan Gosling should appear at the end and beat the guy to death with a hammer or something.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

DarklyDreaming posted:

Dear DestinationXL:

I'm pretty sure there are plenty of good ways to convey the message that you are a good resource for exceptionally large men who need to buy clothes, however a bunch of overweight guys in their underwear wandering a wasteland is probably not one of them

I laughed at that commercial.

I just saw a Bosley hair ad that had Sympathy for the Devil playing in the background. Are they saying the price of gaining hair is your soul?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Guitar Center seems to be targeting men going through a midlife crisis.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I'm tired of hearing I Love it by Icona Pop. It's appearing in more and more commercials.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Taylor Swift's Diet Coke commercial. I don't care if it's the perfect night to dress up like Hitler.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Just saw a Kmart commercial about being an extra in Grown-ups 2...which comes out July 12th.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I officially hate "I Love It" by Icona Pop. It's every-loving-where.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I don't remember "Firework" being everywhere like "I Love it" I'm waiting for The Lone Ranger or Pacific Rim to start using it in their commercials.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I feel bad for the kids in the kidz bop commercials. They must get picked on so much at school.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
The Verizon commercial with the brother and sister talking on the first day of school. First off I don't know what it was like everywhere else but we weren't allowed to have our cellphones out during school, let alone have video chats. Second even though the girl doesn't want her brother talking to her, she's having a video conversation with him throughout the school day. It's may be the stupidest back to school commercial i've seen recently.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I guess advertisers must have heard me complaining about "I Love It" and decided to stop playing it...and start playing "Can't Hold Us" by Macklemore in everything.

Also shame on Hot Pockets for trying to pass off their product as some kind of gourmet treat that won't burn the gently caress out of your mouth.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I like the commentary on modern society in the Nokia Lumina commercials.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
This morning I just realized how weird it was for a food establishment to have a rat as a mascot.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Unless there's some joke I'm missing, I'm pretty sure it's Bill Hader

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
^^^At least that one has the name of the show instead of when they would cut her face into a commercial for a completely different show without explanation.

The Family could be a decent movie but the commercials for it suck rear end.

Gaunab fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Sep 3, 2013