Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life

GutBomb posted:

Any Papa Gino's commercial with a doorbell in it. It sounds exactly like my doorbell and it sends my dog into loving hysterics every time it comes on. She's fine with most TV doorbells but that's the only one that sounds exactly like the one that means OMG INTRUDERS MUST BARK gently caress gently caress JESUS.

You could train your dog to not be a spaz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Industrial
May 31, 2001

I've seen 2 Lea Michelle commercials and in both of them she stares directly at the camera while smiling and singing as if to say "aren't you so glad you get to hear me sing?" and all I can think is "no, not especially"

Industrial
May 31, 2001

There is a new commercial for the Dodge Journey. It talks about how important it is to get out and have real adventures and says "no one talks about the web sites they want to visit when they die, or fills a photo album with pictures from an image search."

At the end of the commercial they mention that somewhere in the world are 3 hidden Dodge Journeys that you get to keep if you find them. How do you find them you might ask?

The clues are on YouTube....

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I don't think it's really either bad or great, just kinda there. I would gladly watch this over any Miller/Coors commercial, though.

And I have yet to see any NFL season ad as knee-jerk infuriating as "SAAAAAAAAAAAVED BY ZEEEEEERO" yet.

It was OK until that idiot started singing, the gently caress was that supposed to be?

Also is this Whitney show trying to create the least believable couple ever or what? It's like a younger Angelina lookalike and some dumpy guy.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Maxwell Lord posted:

Yeah, Wes Anderson is only using Bollywood because he couldn't get the Kill Bill music.

If that song was chosen on purpose the person who chose it should probably be fired

Industrial
May 31, 2001

I'm not quite sure why they chose a gay orgy as the soundtrack for the ad for Fifa 2012 with Seth Myers and Steve Nash (which seems like a pretty random pairing anyway).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs1I2PPjtnM

Industrial
May 31, 2001

The SituAsian posted:

I mean he's in good shape relative to the target weight watchers for men demo but if he were to do the commercial without a shirt most people would just be like "meh".

Also he is incapable of talking without swaying his body from side to side. He never stops moving and its totally distracting.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

I have decided that my second least favorite thing in commercials, behind hearing people eat, is hearing people type. Do they really think if they don't include the sound of someone mashing on the loudest keyboard in the world that I won't understand that someone is typing? This is especially stupid when they use it for touchpad products like the iPad, it doesn't even HAVE a keyboard!

Industrial
May 31, 2001

aquatic sideshow posted:

WENDY'S STOP MAKING AND AIRING COMMERCIALS!!! They all suck so much!

You mean an anorexic guy who doesn't comb his hair doesn't make you want Wendy's?

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Sanschel posted:

Is that the one with the guy made out of people? I saw that for the first time today. I was too stunned to even catch what it was selling.

I don't understand why they chose to make it a mongoloid person that cannot close it's mouth and looks like it's drooling all the time.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

I am adding the Sprite commercial where baby/child Cee-Lo makes spitting mouth noises when he hears someone open a can.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

So the new autotrader ad has a guy on his couch with his dog and no other living creature in sight and he says "Why didn't you tell me autotrader also lists new cars?"

Did he really expect his dog to tell him that? Why is he surprised that his dog doesn't know more about the internet than him?

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Sash! posted:

One of my friends refuses to believe me that Tiburon is not a made up car name.

Its shark in Spanish! You can look it up in the dictionary!

He would know this if he ever played NFL Gameday on the PS1. Made by a company named Tiburon, and their logo was a shark.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

DJExile posted:

Call me crazy but something like that just miiiiiiiiiight be intended as a joke.

What's the joke?

Industrial
May 31, 2001

penis sandwich posted:

Those Best Buy "Game On" Santa ads are just terrible, especially because the moms in them are so loving smug.

Also, Santa's awesome. He brings gifts for free! :(

The one where the blonde lady slurps down her milk as loudly and annoyingly as possible might be the worst ad on TV.

I think that's the biggest issue I have with most ads right now, is when they make things sound loud and annoying on purpose. The new Guiness Black Lager commercial is in this category too. It doesn't make noise when I get goosebumps ad people.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

raditts posted:

Ugh, this loving commercial just came on my TV.

Hmmm..I thought this one was hilarious because I took it as a spoof of the Chrysler commercials with Eminem. In that context it's hilarious, but as a serious commercial it's loving awful. Now I don't know what to think.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

It's a really good thing Lexus plays their ads so often, because it took me at least 10 times to figure out what the people were even responding to.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Peven Stan posted:

The Napa Know How commercial has been the bane of my saturday afternoons with SEC on CBS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy_myvov5C0

Can you imagine how awkward it would be to film that?

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Cyril Sneer posted:

The talk of Red Tails reminded me that there's a new movie commercial voice-over guy whose been making the rounds lately. He tries to sound deep and dramatic, but it just sounds like someone with a plugged nose from a bad cold.

Red Tails = Ren Dails
Devil = Dehnvil

It's really irritating to listen to.

Is it the guy who does the voiceover for the Bones (TV show) trailers? Because he always pronounces it "bownnes"

Industrial
May 31, 2001

I don't understand the Chicken McBites ad which describes the chicken as "poppable." In what way is the food able to be popped?

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Vakal posted:

I used Quibids for a while and I wouldn't quite call it a scam. It's basically not any different from any lottery or other game of chance. Someone is going to get the big ticket items for cheap, but the chances of that person being you is extremely slim.

One useful thing about the site though is the "buy it now" option which lets pay the full price of the item at any time, minus the value of whatever bids you have already sunk into that item.

So say there was a $100 gift card up for bidding and you bid on it 100 times ($60 total) and never won it, you could decide to just buy it outright for another $40.
You would take a hit due to taxes and shipping, but it's not as bad as being completely out of your bids and ending up with nothing.

I eventually quit using the site after I used up my first bid package since it was just too random. But overall I came out ahead as I won about $100 worth of gift cards with my initial $60 investment. (minus shipping fees)

So you can spend slightly over $100 to have $100 to spend in a limited location?

Industrial
May 31, 2001

gently caress every commercial that just has typing and nothing else as sound effects. Why are there so many of these and why do they all appear to use a gorilla pounding on the keyboard?

Industrial
May 31, 2001

The Moon Monster posted:

I'm already getting sick of those ads for that Project X movie. As far as I can tell the movie is just "Some teenagers throw a totally bitchin' house party!" I couldn't think of a more inane premise if I tried.

I cannot figure out who the intended audience for this movie is. It seems like it would only appeal to high school kids but it's rated R?

Industrial
May 31, 2001

There is some new DVR out called the "Hopper" and apparently the best way to sell it is to have a house full of obese people with speech impediments yelling the name of the product at each other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq_hOx8E2uo

Industrial
May 31, 2001

squarerandom posted:

So dominoes is hiring, as long as you can be good at their pizza making app. :wtc:

Great for all the people who own Iphones/Ipads but are unemployed/makes less than $10 an hour??

Not sure those venn diagrams intersect.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Cabin in the Woods is a comedy and a total joke of a horror movie. It's about as scary as Buffy the Vampire Slayer which makes sense since it's made by the same guy.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

The Zooey Deschanel commercial bothers me as well. What is supposed to be appealing exactly about an adult who acts like a 4 year old girl/is confused by life?

Industrial
May 31, 2001

I think the reason it creeps me out so much is that I used to do special education assessments and other than the fact that she is reasonably attractive her persona is really no different than that of a mid-70s IQ high school student. If that is actually attractive/appealing to adults I don't even want to think about what that says for the human condition.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Maxwell Lord posted:

Okay, have literally none of you ever spent a lazy day at home? You get days off, don't you?

Sure I do but they don't typically involve me being confused by water falling from the sky or trying to order a single bowl of tomato soup for delivery.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

gently caress this commercial for so many reasons:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viXhp0v1gGY

The guy says "Stan" like a frog or something
It does that stupid "talking over music = a song" thing
Target audience includes people who:
*Dream about retarded sheep
*Get so drunk they need a cab on a weekday
*Lift weights and go to the bar on the same day, which is pointless
*Cannot afford haircuts

And probably more, it's so bad

Industrial
May 31, 2001

404GoonNotFound posted:

I kinda feel sorry for all the states that don't have Raising Cain's. How do you even tailgate properly without that stuff?

Uhh, you grill?

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Someone explain to me the purpose of the new Miller Lite cans where you can punch a hole in them after you've already opened the can the normal way, because the commercial does not do so.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Is there some context to the iPhone ad with the guy who only speaks in single words that I am missing?

Industrial
May 31, 2001

DrBouvenstein posted:

Also, the iPhone commercials with John Malkovich are creepy...dude comes off as a serial killer...by which I mean, moreso than usual.

Both of them are weird, but the new one where he seems depressed is even weirder. I used to understand commercials. Show someone that people will want to be using your product. Not creative, but simple enough. But who wants to be some lonely, sad shut-in with questionable communication skills who listens to poo poo music and talks to his phone all day? How does that make anyone want to use their product?

Also, does the new one tell him to not get fat when he asks about life?

Industrial fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jun 5, 2012

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Buzkashi posted:

Pretty sure she says "Avoid eating fat."

That is actually even more retarded, why would you avoid eating one of three nutrients out bodies need to function?

Industrial
May 31, 2001

SpacePig posted:

So, the new Madagascar ads have made it to the radio, so now I hear "Da-da-dadada-dada-da-circus" a bunch of times a day at work. I can't wait for this movie to be out of theaters, and I hope that the DVD release commercials use a different bit. Goddamn am I sick of them.

Also, re: talking babies. The ETrade baby wasn't bad at first because it was strange, but not necessarily absurd. It was a baby making videos about giving financial advice to other babies because ETrade was easy enough for a baby to use. The lo-fi camera and constant framerate issues made it seem not only realistic to a home-made video, but also masked the poor lip-synching and did drop the baby into weird, uncanny valley stuff.

Now, he's out on golf courses making fun of adults for not using ETrade, and now it's in HD so it just looks completely creepy.

Also completely creepy: Babies moving like adults, ie: that Pepsi Next commercial.

The wedding ETrade one bothers me too due to one of the grossest men I have ever seen marrying a fairly attractive women. The one with "the general"

Industrial
May 31, 2001

How would anyone possibly know that girl flipped her car while reading a text? Also, how long does it take to read the word "yeah?"

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Meltathon posted:

The Microsoft Surface break dancing commercials are really starting to get on my nerves, and thought Ipad commercials were bad.

Also, 5-hour energy has pretty much the worst, low-production value, commercials around. They are so bad and so cheap looking.

The guy in the paratrooper outfit who has a weird little seizure thing is annoying.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Rirse posted:

Watching OnDemend, I grown to really hate the ad promoting Wipeout where it just repeating the same four SFX over and over for 30 seconds.

You would probably hate the show too then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Industrial
May 31, 2001

The DeWars ads are the loving worst. Who is Angus? Why does that woman have mood swings that rival someone with Borderline Personality Disorder? Why does the bottle sound like someone eating chips when she opens it?