Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

shyguy posted:

Apologies if this has been brought up already but:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xzkDzXHeeA

gently caress this horrible commercial and this creepy baby/man thing.

Came here to post this.

This is the worst commercial I've seen in a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Nut Bunnies posted:

Found it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsm1b3LiCNk

I don't think there's many ads written worse than Verizon's. There's never a sentence you'd hear coming out of a human's mouth.

To be fair, they aren't coming out of a human's mouth... they are thinking it.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

McSpanky posted:

I will eventually get sick of what is certainly the first in a series of "now I'm a hardcore take-no-prisoners bitch" T-Mobile Girl 2.0 commercials, but for now I'll just appreciate that she's back on my television being mysteriously attractive.

For one thing, her legs go allll the way up.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Dr_Amazing posted:

There's a subway commercial where a fireman steals another fireman's sandwich. Then he's a giant dick about it. Someone decided this wasn't annoying enough so they dubbed little kid voices in over it.

Subways been running commercials based on the theme of adults acting like children with children voices for a while now.

Most of them were based in an office environment.

Subway also runs separate commercials for their particular 5 dollar sub of the month, breakfast promotions, and another one that I'm forgetting.

DrBouvenstein posted:

I prefer my interpretation, it's funnier. :colbert:

There are three interpretations of this joke in this thread, that's how bad the joke is. I didn't even get the joke at all until this thread.

Also, all commercials with talking babies can go straight to hell. loving tired of these dumb etrade commercials.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Aintain posted:

I NEED that "Crazy Train" commercial to stop.

Some white family kidnapped some black kid and is now speeding around farmlands in the middle of Iowa. What happens when the ice melts in the black kid's cup and he can no longer make the shaking noise?

I hope we never find out.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Farbtoner posted:

I don't think I've ever seen anyone scanning a QR code in an ad. Ever. They're up there with social media experts and Second Life when it comes to welfare for tech nerds caused by execs being clueless. "Oh yes, your toothpaste company definitely needs a full-time employee to run their Facebook page!"

I wonder if anyone's even used shazam when watching someone's ad.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

The "Summer Savin'" Grease parody on the Nissan ads needs to stop right the gently caress now.

I will be painfully honest and expose my male pigdom and say that I kind of watch the commercial really closely because I can't quite tell if the chick with the grey and pink striped shirt at the beginning has big boobs or not.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Yea, I got a brand new Droid Razr for $30 when they came out, because they had some crazy sale, along with my new every 2.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I am so tired of the Jack Reacher commercial and that loving song in the ad. The one guy just rattles off the cliched agencies a hero needs to be a part of in an action movie "You betta watch it! The guy was part of FBI, CIA, BLACK OPS, Seal team 345, CBS, NBC, Super Secret Super Agent Club, Evolution Revolution, Banana Splits"

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Vicas posted:

"I got him a John Cena fathead. I put it on his ceiling right above his bed so that it'll spend every single night, staring him down."

Krispy Kreme gonna have to update his christmas list.

Also, found a new commercial that makes no loving sense to me. Its the Garmin christmas commercial. One of the scenes is some chick unwrapping it while on a camping trip. In a regular lovely dome tent, in the middle of loving winter. Who the gently caress camps in the middle of winter on loving christmas?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Retail Slave posted:

I'm really starting to dislike the annoyingly perky Beezid girl.

Wait a month and Beezid will have a new commercial under a new name, something like QuiBeezds.

At least, that's what I think is going on. This is the same thing that was called quibids before right? Holy hell that is such a scam.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

There's a Party City commercial that advertises their New Year's stuff.

Highlights are people having more fun with blowouts/paper horns/rattlers than real people will ever have in their entire life. Also, "WANT TO PARTY LIKE A BRO? WE GOT YOU COVERED"

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Oh god I saw the Lumosity commercial and all I could think of was this is what you get when you cross pogo.com, eharmony, and a failed 90's website idea that people invested 20 million into.

Doctor Butts fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jan 3, 2013

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

raditts posted:

I just don't like those weird faces he makes while he's singing the song. Creeps me out.

The Eddie Money commercial is awesome. I always get a kick out of it.

As far as the faces he makes, Eddie Money has always made strange hosed up faces:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GkWTbEjpS8

The lion commercials sucks all sorts of rear end though.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Gonz posted:

Needs less Kidz Bop and more Raffi.

Bananaphone, motherfuckers.

The next Kidz Bop will be 20 remixes of Gagnam Style
ANd that LMFAO song

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I am glad all of these movie commercials have a black bar going across the top of the screen with the name of the movie and its hashtag in it so that I know what movies I want to avoid seeing in the theater/adding to netflix.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

FuzzySkinner posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aX1ghwzn7NU

This commercial is annoying and creeps me the gently caress out.

Yea, its like taking all the creepy poo poo from the Muppets and combining it with all the creepy poo poo from HR Pufnstuf.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

This thread is making me want to re-watch all of the redhead Wendy's commercials to see if she's always been a huge bitch or just a bitch since the school play commercial.

edit: Wendy's has been greasy for a very, very long time. It was just a matter of time till your dining experience there revealed as such.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

No, I loving love that commercial too. The only thing that bothers me about it is that his singing is off. And, yea its not as good back in the day but I'm talking about the timing/cadence or whatever of how he sings it.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

It took a twenty minute speech to convey the same thing the State Farm ads do in a quick jingle
"We are Farmers. Dum da dum, da dum dum dum!"

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Meltathon posted:

That's Farmers Insurance, not State Farm.

Edit: The Dodge Farmer ad is pretty much the same thing as the Clint Eastwood ad from last year. Hoorah America, we're made of tougher stuff, let's go work really hard, and buy a car we don't need!

Doh, I got that one mixed up.

I think they're a little different. The Eastwood ad at least a little more concise whereas the Dodge ad just felt like it took forever.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

These Arby's detective commercials are pretty annoying. Their "good mood food" commercials were poo poo too. drat, I can't think of a good Arby's campaign in my entire lifetime.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I detest the commercials but they are kind of brilliant.

The kids who watch it will be like "Heh, that kid is cool and funny"
The parents who watch it will say "Awww, that's so cute"
Everyone else gets to laugh with the guy "Heh, yea, those kids are totally dumb, you got them good".

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

trunkwontopen posted:

Someday, He'll call her and she will come running and fall in His arms and the tears will fall down and she'll pray, "I want to throw my TV into traffic"

Two most hilarious things to me about those commercials:

1. Find God's match for you
Granted I'm not an expert in how God works but I am suspicious that God would refer us to a paid website.

2. The song in the background.
The verse "I want to fall in love with you" is kind of hosed up. You want to?

In the end, I would rather watch another ChristianMingle commercial than another Zoosk commercial.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I have been watching a lot of hockey and this is one of the Skyline Chili commercials that are in constant rotation on my local channel.

I only bring this up because whoever edited the commercial didn't catch the fact that the kids mother is obviously coaching her kid on what to say, like its been rehearsed hundreds of times:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJUyGcAnpNg
(20 seconds in)

Not that I don't expect it to be, but once you catch her mouthing the words he's saying you can't unsee it.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

The detestable 5 hour energy commercial around here is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJn6vpVbUM0

Caffeine + vitamins!

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

skooma512 posted:

That Time Warner commercial with the mom getting people up for black friday really rubs me the wrong way.

I guess it's from acting like black friday is important but there's also some random guy standing in her kitchen at 4am and he's all GET THIS PHONE BITCH.

Bill Cowher is old and has Alzheimer's and keeps breaking into people's houses, thinking it's his own, and yells at them.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

New Lexus holiday ads feature an obviously bored out of their minds bonkers rich hot white couple with nothing better to do around the holidays than make car-sized bows for their 3 brand spanking new Lexuses.

Get a loving dog or something. God drat.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Let's get some cake in you.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Vicas posted:

Also pardon the double post but I really hate the commercials for work boots where they're just mistakes like a construction truck trapping itself in bollards or a misspelled street painting (keep claer) because the dude filming these with his cell phone has the most grating laugh I've ever heard

Especially because they keep playing them in pairs

Yea, you're mercifully leaving out the one with the ceiling fan. Whoever failed to get a ceiling fan to work in such a spectacular fashion as to do the impossible, cannot blame it on not wearing Timberlands.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Doctor Butts posted:

New Lexus holiday ads feature an obviously bored out of their minds bonkers rich hot white couple with nothing better to do around the holidays than make car-sized bows for their 3 brand spanking new Lexuses.

Get a loving dog or something. God drat.

Turns out in later versions of the commercial, they got a dog.

And a Grandpa
And Kids

Anyway, I was looking for the commercials on YouTube since they really bother me and I had no luck, so I Google'd it and someone else was as bothered about them as I was. And that article includes the 3 versions of the commercial, and the article isn't that funny.

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/11/50-questions-bow-making-family-2013-lexus-christmas-commercials/

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Y-Hat posted:

I hate the message that the commercial with the man on the swingset with the child sends. It's basically saying, "Not even kids are immune from shiny jewelry."

He gave her a loving Open Hearts necklace.
My wife pointed out to me a few years back that "It looks like a symbol of tits & rear end"

Meltathon posted:

Are chocolate diamonds just trying to market really lovely diamonds?

Technically they are flawed diamonds, but throw up a slick marketing term like 'chocolate diamonds' and people are glad they're blowing hundreds of bucks on a brown diamond.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Yea she should have subcontracted that job out to the Lexus Bow Makers.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

404GoonNotFound posted:

Not when A) you're using the phone for audio streaming and B) you picked up a unit with a lifetime sub.

My GPS unit supposedly had lifetime updates, but it turned out to be bullshit. I got like 3 years of updates but now costs like $100 for a new map update.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Yea just about everyone who would watch the Shirley Temple collection is going to be dead in the next 10 years. They might as well make hay while the sun shines.

Kind of like the huge push of old radio shows being sold on cassette tapes back in the 80's

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

dijon du jour posted:

Holy balls that CGI Marilyn Monroe is terrifying. :stonk:

Between this, Orville Redenbacher, and that one ad that had CGI Audrey Hepburn in it: advertisers: stop turning dead celebrities into your computerized meat-puppets. It is extremely creepy.

She does not look like she enjoys that perfume.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

AFewBricksShy posted:

Why does Honda have Michael Bolton on a commercial? I can't tell if it is supposed to be making light of how cheesy he is, like the Lonely Island did, or if some Honda ad guy thought "Michael Bolton is the future!" It doesn't seem very tongue in cheek, so it is just sort of confusing.

I'm pretty sure everyone in that commercial is in on the joke except for Michael Bolton's hair plugs.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Mister Kingdom posted:

Those Ford commercials where kids ask Santa for Ford vehicles are pissing me off. Nothing like a snotty brat to convey the Christmas spirit.

I think the commercial messed up somewhere and didn't make it more explicit that the kids represent adults.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

If these puzzle games are sagas, Wolfenstein is an epic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

RMZXAnarchy posted:

That's an extremely shady business practice. And naturally they don't ever mention this in the commercials.

If you pay attention, you'll notice the name of the website in the commercial changes every few months even though its essentially the same commercial. Re: Quibids and Beezid which I'm pretty sure are the same company.

edit: I keep seeing the Safe Auto jingle commercial and its really annoying.