Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Jedi posted:

I must own this product. I have no idea how I lived this long without ever having one.

You probably already own one, its called a knife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Mo0 posted:

IANAL but I'm willing to bet that there isn't even a law behind it, and they just want you to assume that the deals are SO GOOD that the government won't let them advertise them!

I mean, I hear a mattress store say things like "DISCOUNTS SO DEEP WE CAN'T ADVERTISE THEM!!!", so it can't be... true... can it?

The company I work for does online ads, mostly for grocery stores but we have a few other customers.

Menards is a hardware store. A lot of their stuff says "priced too low to advertise!" in their ad because right now we only do one general version for them. They're adding on a bunch of services with us, which means we will get specific versions for specific regions now, which means there will actually be prices and they'll be different everywhere.

So in their case they don't want to mention a price in the general ad because they want to sell a drill for $100 at one location and $150 at another, or whatever.

The price differences from region to region amaze me, really. I've seen up to a $1200 gap between one area and another on a furniture room group with another one of our customers.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Moose Bigelow posted:

QFC and Fred Meyer are both subsidiaries of Kroger.

So is Dillons, Bakers, Gerbes, Calabell, Food4Less, etc.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

And it wasn't a mexican restaurant, it was like a steakhouse or fine dining or something, where they get tiny portions for you'd assume a lot of money.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Doesn't stop pizza delivery people, or Jimmy Johns.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

The drat hamburger helper commercials where the hand mascot forces the woman to read spam mail or opens a pop-up ad on her laptop to inspire the women to cook their lovely boxed "ethnic" food like "Mexican" or "Italian." This commercial has no reason to make me rage like it does. I think its the fact that they run them back to back combined with the hand forcefully exposing these women to read obnoxious poo poo so they can get back to cooking.
:spergin:

It annoys me because the children in her family now think that hamburger helper with a flavor packet is mexican food, or italian food. They'll probably grow up to be the kind of people to put ketchup on their well done steak.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

This is how I feel too, but my post was already spergy enough and I didn't know how to say it without sounding like a snob. You did a good job though :) that was exactly what I wanted to say.

gently caress hamburger helper.

Yeah I'm sure I sound spergy and snobby but I don't care, hamburger helper is trash and something you shouldn't really be feeding your kids on a regular basis. Or if you do, don't go telling them its italian food.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

So after going for the old meme approach with Chuck Norris, Blizzard now has a nice looking girl talking about dumping her boyfriend for WoW. Is she famous too somehow?

I've seen it like 10 times tonight for some reason.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I keep seeing that Verizon commercial with the couple on a date, and the guy keeps checking his phone to get updates on the game while she's trying to talk.

Is it me or is it the same woman that was in the "Centipedes? In my vagina?" photoshop thing a while back?

Trying to find a video on youtube but not pulling up anything, maybe it isn't verizon.

edit: oh I was wrong, it was AT&T

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqxcrVOS47s

Combo fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Dec 5, 2011

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

ElectricSheep posted:

TV girl has a wider face, and a mole on right cheek.

Yeah I was thinking makeup to cover up the mole and age/a bit of weight gain for the face.

I'm absolutely awful at comparing one person to another, just seeing her in that commercial (probably mostly the hair) for some reason made me remember the photoshop.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

DrBouvenstein posted:

But NEVER go to Liberty Tax...*shudder*...

What, you mean the company that took over an abandon gas station in my town is in no way a reputable place to have my taxes done? But they have a defunct car wash and everything!

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Compared to what, a Little Caesars $5 'fresh' pizza? Most local places around here charge around $10 for a large cheese so add a couple of toppings and you're looking at $15. Granted it's a better quality pie and probably twice the size of any chain place but not everyone has good small pizza places by them and Pizza Hut is their only option. It's better than Domino's at least.

The Little Caesars near me, the few times I've gotten a $5 hot and ready pizza, I actually had to wait for because they were out of them, so yeah it was fresh every time.

Its not the best pizza but its not terrible. I do wish we had a non chain place to order from instead though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

raditts posted:

I don't know if they still do it, but there was a time in the 2000s where Pepsi started consolidating their fast food properties into single buildings as well as single commercials. I remember seeing quite a few KFC/Taco Bells and even a KFC/Taco Bell/Pizza Hut once. I think there were a few KFC's combined with Long John Silver's too.

We have a A&W/Captain D's where I live still, and a Taco Bell/Pizza Hut but I don't know if that one is still there anymore or if its just Taco Bell. But you could order pan pizzas in the drivethrough along with tacos and whatever.