Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

I really loathe the paper towel commercials where a dad and a kid are horsing around in the kitchen, make a mess, the mom walks in, smiles, and then cleans it up for them. The worst one is the dad and kid flinging a bowl of salsa back and forth. If my mom walked in my dad and I doing that, she not only wouldn't smile, she'd probably break the towel dispenser off in my dad's rear end for teaching me that poo poo. And then she'd make HIM clean it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

I must preface this by saying that we never have the volume on at work, so most ads I see, I don't hear. That being said, the new Wendy's commercial with the baby eating a pile of messy food, and the dad eating a burger and being just as messy is so god drat adorable it makes me want to throw up. That baby does the most hilarious head waggle I've ever seen, like "gently caress yeah I'm eatin this food and it's awesome".

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

raditts posted:

Vermont Teddy Bear commercials are always terrible, but they definitely take the prize for that one this year.

I am 100% sure that the guy HERE is going to murder that girl and wear her skin.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

Young Freud posted:

The new Nature's Grain Nature Valley commercial was inspired by the opening to Lord of War, except instead of a Russian bullet going into an African child soldier's skull, it's a peanut going into a fiber bar.

That one bugs me because they never wash that loving peanut.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

Maxwell Lord posted:

I do legitimately really like the new Nokia smartphone ad where Chris Parnell goes around telling everyone they've participated in a beta test with all their various crappy phones. It's clever and he's funny.

On the other side, there's an ad I can't find on Youtube for the local Worlds of Fun theme park, which is a family sitting around the table communicating in screams. Fun.

Hi5 Kansas City buddy. Worlds of Fun has never had good commercials. Also gently caress them for removing the Orient Express. I don't care how many people could have died on it, that poo poo was fun.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

Maxwell Lord posted:

I thought it was the Timber Wolf that killed somebody.

It was, but that guy was an idiot. The Orient started derailing, much like these posts.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

Having just seen the T-Mobile ad where she rides a bike, I can say without question that it is a great ad, if not the greatest of all time. The only part I didn't like was when it started talking about phones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

Rirse posted:

The Pepsi ad with the really creepy looking singers on stage that freeze frame on their dead eyes is really bugging me now.

Nicki Minaj makes the best crazy faces you can imagine. I'm tempted to believe she's not freeze framed in that commercial, and is just doing that because she can.