Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Mo0 posted:

It's funny because Flash on Android performs horribly and makes me *hate* Flash on mobile devices to the point that Apple's refusal to use it looks like a good idea!

What Android do you have? I've got the Evo and have never had a problem with it.

On topic I loving hate Gossett VW of Alpharetta in Georgia simply for these commercials:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXzLLw86NRE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Doc Hawkins posted:

Never seen it before, but the tag-line ("charging forward") convinces me that the Unnamed Rhino is a repeat-character for their commercials. Which means this commercial's humor is self-referential, and therefore even worse than it initially appears.

Still better than Squeeky, though.

It is a repeat character. That's just the most recent commercial and the worst so far.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

vyst posted:

I love it because it looks like that kid puts some serious loving velocity on that ball. Like he's some freak mutant baseball prodigy we'll see playing in the majors at age 12.

Somewhere Dr. James Andrew just yelled out 'FUNKY BUTTLOVIN!'

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Forum Hussy posted:

Also, has a Ferrari that he keeps in a glass box in his garage.

Wait what? In a glass box? Can you go into a bit more detail on this? Does he ever drive it or does he just park it in the box when he's done? And why? Why would he do that?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rirse posted:

Tired of the Weight Watcher ad with the lady singing the same one hit she had. Wouldn't be a problem if it was just one commercial, but there are multiple ads with her as their spoke model, and she always singing the same song in every single one of them!

The bitch of it is that it's not even her song:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feeling_Good

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

404GoonNotFound posted:

This is all assuming you live in a city without public transport, of course. Still have no idea how those things caught on in London.

I thought it's because they're ridiculously easy to parallel park. In that you just have to pull straight up to the curb.

Although now that I've thought about it longer than to just reply "oh." that sounds real dumb.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Because there's no awesome TV Commercials thread (that I know of) and I wanted other people to see them:

These always get a laugh out of me. I've only seen these two so far from Kettle Chips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2rKj6d6GXo

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wVlQcwyqTU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of Super Bowl commercials:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpi2IAec9Ho

No, Fiat, gently caress you.

There is no way that car is equatable to that girl in any way. This is the only commercial on TV right now that gets me angry but I won't turn it because that woman is ridiculously hot.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Normally I hate the Kayak.com commercials but this one cracked me up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Flov7Q6pQNk

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sorry but the Sam Jackson one is awesome.

Yeah! Unless you like hotspacho!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Industrial posted:

Someone explain to me the purpose of the new Miller Lite cans where you can punch a hole in them after you've already opened the can the normal way, because the commercial does not do so.

It's supposed to allow the beer to flow out of the hole easier. Doesn't really make much sense when you're drinking out of the can but it helps a little when you're pouring it out.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Yikes, I have a friend that works for LivingSocial.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just saw Bing's "Bing Challenge" commercial that has people doing a blind "taste test" of google and bing and of course everyone picks Bing. You're able to take the test online yourself.

4/5 I picked Google. :smug: suck it, Bing.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
http://searchenginewatch.com/article/2205504/Bing-Gains-More-Ground-in-Search-Engine-Market-Share-Yahoo-Resumes-Downward-Slide

Pretty interesting article on search engine shares:

quote:

Bing grew their search engine market share for the third month running, at the expense of both Google and Yahoo. Microsoft’s search engine increased its market share from 15.7 percent to 15.9 percent, comScore reported. Bing’s share of the search market was 14.7 percent in August 2011.

Google fell only slightly from its record high of 66.8 percent to 66.4 percent. In August 2011, Google’s search market share was at 64.8 percent.

Meanwhile, Yahoo resumed the slide they’d halted by holding steady last month, dropping from 13 percent to 12.8 percent. They had fallen in each of the 10 months prior. In August 2011, Yahoo’s search market share was 16.3 percent.

Ask grew their share from 3.1 percent to 3.2 percent. AOL also moved up slightly, marking the first deviation from their constant 1.5 percent with an increase to 1.7 percent.

In total, 68.8 percent of organic searches were performed through Google, while 25.3 percent were powered by Bing.

Explicit core searches shrank, from 17.7 billion in July to 17 billion in August. Google led with 11.3 billion searches (down from 11.8 billion in July); Bing accounted for 2.7 billion, on par with July. Yahoo was again in third place and unchanged, at 2.2 billion; Ask grew slightly with 550 million (up from 548 million) and AOL increased from 264 million to 292 million over the month previous.

ComScore’s figured reflect searches from Home & work locations only, not mobile. This month, they incorporated two changes in reporting, as follows:

“The first enhancement is the incorporation of updated demographic universe estimates based on data from the 2010 U.S. census, which provides an improved accounting of the percentage of the population falling into each demographic segment. The second enhancement was an improvement in comScore’s enumeration survey methodology to better represent persons in cell-phone only households.”

I completely forgot that Ask.com existed.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Gonz posted:

Needs more Lycos.

Look at this guy that doesn't remember Webcrawler.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sad thing is the physical Zune wasn't all that bad. I liked the HD one until I dropped it and the screen shattered. The software was loving awful though.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I03UmJbK0lA

New K-Mart ad. I'm a child and was giggling like one through the whole thing.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The loving Mail Chimp ad before the Serial Podcast god drat.

http://qz.com/298094/how-mailchimps-irresistible-serial-ad-became-the-years-biggest-marketing-win/

They talk about how it was a success and I guess it was because they probably weren't expecting Serial to get as popular as it is but I'm only on like episode 8 and it annoys the hell out of me.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Vanderdeath posted:

Ex Machina is a good movie with terrible marketing. I was going to skip it until a friend told me that it was one of the better sci-fi movies he's seen in a while. The marketing made it seem like something completely different than what it is.

Really? I'd been avoiding it for the same reasons. I'll check it out tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

TontoCorazon posted:

So apple has a new commercial out. What are they going to advertise their quality of their camera? Maybe something new or something? Nope, the only thing they can muster is their apps. Pretty much the same apps you can find on android and they make a commercial about it.

They're just doing the same thing Coke or McDonalds or whoever is doing. Product doesn't change much/if at all and everyone knows who they are but there's noticeable dips in sales if they stop advertising.