Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

After a few decades it just becomes background noise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

fartknocker posted:

They changed it this year. It starts like it has for the last 30~ and then a hand reaches in to grab one of the Kisses (With an accompanying change of the music to a newer recording of the song) and it cuts to some family making cookies or something.

blehhhhhhhhh

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Faustian Bargain posted:

Slotomania commercials are hell on earth. I can’t imagine people under age 70 being interested in it.

Normally I don't begrudge actors getting work but I am almost personally insulted every time I see John Goodman on the tip of that finger.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

explosivo posted:

I fall asleep watching various bullshit on Pluto.tv most nights and they play these weird commercials that are like a PIP window for a basketball game or other sporting events like you might see when a team takes a timeout. It's the most bizarre poo poo to have a "you won't miss a second of the action" commercial with a 30 second snippet of a g-leage basketball game from god knows when inserted into a normal commercial break for the iron chef Pluto channel.

Those get paired with really loud sports betting outfits sometimes, it's the worst of both worlds. gently caress off MGM lion, I'm trying to fall asleep

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

explosivo posted:

Could do without these Uber Eats commercials with people taking bites out of soap and diapers and eating cat litter out of a bowl. Nobody is confused about uber eats and these commercials are disgusting :(

Yeah gently caress that commercial super hard, I sure want to use a food delivery service that grosses me out and makes me lose my appetite.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

Remembered this post after seeing another commercial from Venus lady razors which was explicitly trying to destigmatize the term "pubic hair"

I just saw this commercial, with singing and dancing pubes, just lovely during lunch.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

There's a hideously exploitative political ad being run by an Illinois conservative PAC this year where they play a doorbell cam video of a Chicago woman being attacked on the street at high volume, with no commentary or music so all you hear is horrible screaming out of nowhere for 20 seconds if you aren't looking, followed by an accusation that the governor isn't tough enough on crime. It's so heinous it's made the news several times, especially since the victim's consent wasn't even sought out before using the footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyPL77XTR34

What a loving crock of poo poo, I can't believe that kind of thing is legal.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Pontius Pilate posted:

Lotta hate in this thread for a holiday that’s centered around breaking bread with friends and family and doesn’t have too many stressors

Yeah, Thanksgiving was always a time to enjoy good food, good company and good memories in our household. :shrug:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

These days Halloween is an excuse to buy bags of poo poo-quality candy, remember that no one goes trick-or-treating door to door anymore anyway, then munch on it in a depressive funk while drinking zombies and watching Shudder until I throw up :bahgawd:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I just saw an ad for buttcrack deodorant. BUTTCRACK DEODORANT

I don't understand this world anymore

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Larryb posted:

Huh, Google lied to me then. Nevermind

Google is run by AI now

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

There's a couple of commercials starring Matthew McConaughey for some AI-powered advertising firm, sort of animated/rotoscoped with AI processing, that seem calculated to be as annoying as possible in the shortest timeframe.

E: found some

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OHD4sqCE3w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvG41iEXFrU

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Apr 7, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Sash! posted:

Original Jake was a funny gag.

That's how it always starts. Five years later, insurance-selling cavemen are getting a TV show pilot that failed, thank god.