Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

quote:

Not really an ad as much as bad marketing but Dr. Pepper has started a campaign distributing tee shirts that read I <3 DP.

But... I do <3 DivisionPost!

Also that has shades of

MAKE 7

UP YOURS

all over it except this one appears to be a genuine error.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Riptor posted:

hey our ipad ripoff has

flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash

yep thats right flash

flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash

dont you want flash?

flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash

cause of like newgrounds and stuff?

flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash

lol i bet this is still funny right? cause we keep saying flash

flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash

It's funny because Flash on Android performs horribly and makes me *hate* Flash on mobile devices to the point that Apple's refusal to use it looks like a good idea!

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

MindlessHavok posted:

What Android do you have? I've got the Evo and have never had a problem with it.

On topic I loving hate Gossett VW of Alpharetta in Georgia simply for these commercials:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXzLLw86NRE

The Moto Droid, and it performs equally horribly on my grandmother's Droid X. I haven't gotten any significant playtime with the Evo or anything beyond it so it's news to me if they manage to make Flash not suck rear end.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

DJExile posted:

It's funnier than hell though.

Also can anyone confirm or deny the supposed law we hear about in radio ads for work-from-home places where they say things like "I made more money than I'm allowed to mention here!"

IANAL but I'm willing to bet that there isn't even a law behind it, and they just want you to assume that the deals are SO GOOD that the government won't let them advertise them!

I mean, I hear a mattress store say things like "DISCOUNTS SO DEEP WE CAN'T ADVERTISE THEM!!!", so it can't be... true... can it?

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

DrBouvenstein posted:

Holy poo poo, SK Energy, get your stupid loving "steroid dealer guy" ad with Joan Rivers off of my TV.

I swear it plays twice a break.

That's 50 Cent, but calling him steroid dealer guy makes it funnier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Because they were both written by 30-something male ad execs, so they understand all too well from both sides of the divide how a father/son relationship can be, and they don't understand women at all!