Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
The people of the Bronx have been terrorized by commercials from North End Wine & Liquor for years, but unfortunately I can not find the most often played and most annoying one online.

Actually here it is with Spanish text instead of English, but the commercial and music are exactly the same. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GaHL31gEBg

I admire the effort they try to put into most of their other dozen or so commercials though... But this one, and one of the earlier ones are pretty much the only ones that ever really get air time and they are easily the most annoying.

ToastyPotato fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Aug 5, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Anyone in the NYC area get the hilarious 1-800-Pain-Law commercial with the super nerdy black guy that sound like a cartoon character? It's been running for a while now but it's one of the older ones and seems to be getting phased out with slightly better quality commercials. "I had the right of way! I suffered pain! I needed law!"

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Malachite_Dragon posted:

... Okay? :raise: What's the issue here?

I know someone who literally would not eat Wendy's because it was square. They genuinely had a problem with this. Which can only mean they think ground beef has an actual shape.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Nut Bunnies posted:

Makes sense since she grew up in a rich, well-off part of The Bronx.

This is from a couple of pages back but that neighborhood she's from is far, FAR from well-off. I mean, it does have a higher number of houses, as opposed to apartment buildings, than other areas of the Bronx, but the people living in them aren't anything remotely close to wealthy. They are middle class at BEST.

Also, don't read too much into the Catholic school education. I too am from the same borough and went to Catholic schools until graduating High School. Neither me, nor most of my friends came from well off families. Again, middle class at best.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Google+ will hopefully be the last time they hype something that still requires invites to become part of. By the time they opened it to the public, no one gave a poo poo.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Awesome Welles posted:

Sound effects like that are seriously the most unappetizing loving thing I can possibly hear.

Also, Kit Kats don't make a crunching sound like a cracker, they're softer than that. :colbert:

When I was younger, this annoyed me about Nestle Crunch commercials as well.

But I get why they do it. Crunchiness is something a lot of people have urges for, so they like to over play it in commercials. Everything is exaggerated in commercials.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Darth Freddy posted:

I really hate the egg mcmuffin of commercials the egg mcmuffin is a vile vile impersonation of food and the commercial sucks.

Sausage Egg and Biscuit is my secret McDonald's weakness. But there are brands of frozen food version of this that taste nearly identical. I've stopped eating them altogether though.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

It would be for the best that I never try something like this.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

FAT BATMAN posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VQmPgdvdoo

How does this make you feel?

I do not like it. Please go back to your video game corner Sonic. You do not belong on car insurance commercials. It's too sad.

I am at least appreciative of them using older style Sonic music.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Y-Hat posted:

If I were Aaron Rodgers, I'd be ashamed of ever doing that touchdown celebration that's being used on State Farm commercials that run the gag into the ground at least five times over. And now they made a second commercial of it.

I wouldn't. Because I would have won a Superbowl and would be rich and getting richer off of silly commercials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

You Are A Elf posted:

There was an eBay commercial awhile back that made fun of a lone guy at a meeting that still used a pencil and paper while everyone else was using the latest and most fashionable smartphones to take notes that couldn't have been more smug and condescending about so-called losers who don't keep up with the masses.

There's a new commercial like that that ups the ante with a guy who whips out some cash at a dinner get-together while everyone else uses their phones to transfer funds from their bank accounts to chip in. His wife, semi-embarrassed, pushes his archaic money in his hand down, looks at him and says, "Don't worry, honey; I'll teach you how to do it :smug:" as if he were a small, mentally-handicapped child.

Terrible. Can't a company nowadays just show new things straightforwardly without being douchebaggy cynical assholes about it?

Nope, because assholishness is something that people are decreasingly called out on these days. It's becoming acceptable behavior right before our eyes.