Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
If you live in the Indiana region, you probably grown to hate the commercials for Speedway (gas station) chain. They feature people singing a jingle....but they all can't sing for poo poo. There at least four versions, one with a white rapper, a country girl singiner, some other girl, and this guy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VTVD6s5FKM

This is the only copy of the video I can find online, so bare with the fact it's recorded on a camcorder.

Also echoing the hate for that horrible Spider phone ad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

MD2020 posted:

I never saw Maximum Overdrive in full; mostly just clips on Youtube. So I wasn't sure how that ended.

Since Trucks had more of an open-ended conclusion, I went with that.

The surviving members of the gas station went out to sea on a boat where Lisa Simpsons kept annoying them about stuff until they heard a radio announcer saying the comet was destroyed.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Subway is back to their annoying "Fast Food Restaurants are EVIL" ads, showing some fast food place that literally should be condemned serving food, and then cuts to their crap rear end food being prepared.

Also love how they still show ads for the HP Touchpad even through it's discontinued and heavily clearance.

Rirse fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Aug 20, 2011

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Oh boy, the McDonalds ad that inspired this thread title is back. :suicide:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Dr_Amazing posted:

People say stuff like this but has Geico ever made terrible commercials? I know some people didn`t love the cavemen but they`re still in like the top 5% of commercials compared to pretty much everything else on TV.

Only one of their ads that got annoying for me was the ad with the pig squealing for 20 seconds as he drove home. But still better then most crap in this thread.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I can't believe they still use the horrible caveman in ads still. They don't appear in the main Geico ads anymore, but on ESPN you can see them in a ad for Fantasy Football now. Ever since that failed tv series, I grown to hate the Geico Cavemen.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of a bitter wife, the new AT&T ad with the husband coming home to his wife and talking about signing them up for a two year plan. She pretty much says he stupid and wished she listened to her mom's advice to marry someone else instead.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The AARP ad that been playing for the longest time just annoys me. Nothing really wrong with it, but when you see it every day, with it airing at least two or three times a day, you get sick of seeing it. I think all the people in the ad have died from old age at this point.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Hate the Direct TV ad with the washed up football player dressed as a fairy flying around telling people to get Direct TV over cable because they supposedly can receive a single game of football.

:fuckoff: Navi

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ElwoodCuse posted:

DirecTV completely failed to ride the wave of the Russian guy with the tiny giraffe. Not enough of him and everything since then has sucked.

Yeah, I actually liked the ads with him. They never once mention "cable" and it was just in general a funny ad.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Tired of the Weight Watcher ad with the lady singing the same one hit she had. Wouldn't be a problem if it was just one commercial, but there are multiple ads with her as their spoke model, and she always singing the same song in every single one of them!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Hate the Coke Zero ad with the person getting all these extra benefits for saying the word "And" because the can said that word on the side. Ads like this and the AT&T one last year (the guy becoming president because his father took him to a football game) are just annoying to watch.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I hate the ad from Blockbuster bragging about having lower rates then Netflix. Yeah, you shouldn't be bragging after Netflix cost you all your retail stores.

:fuckoff: Blockbuster

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
It been said before, but the Toyota commercial with the giant human made out of other people is just creepy. I rather not see Legion's car ride to work.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The ad for the new season of Aqua Teen Hunger Force on dvd is just creepy. Seeing a bunch of hot women dressed as Carl isn't something a man should be seeing ever.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Really tired of seeing any ad for the Oprah Network. I don't care about her or loving Rosie O'Donnell, so why do I get awful ads about their new shows when I'm not even watching that poo poo network?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Dunno if the movie is any good or not, but can they please air at least one varient of the "In Time" commercial. It's always the same ad for the movie, someone complaining about using time to pay for a cup of coffee.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The Chili's ad where the hot women at work starts singing in a deep Dr Girlfriend voice is really creepy.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Just saw a terrible ant-drug ad showing a lady stumbling into a bathroom and start puking. I get the point of the ad, which shows her puking up friendship and school work and poo poo, but it's still pretty disgusting.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

mwells_cubed posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uBt1oawCkY

This commercial is loving killing me.

I was coming to this thread to rant about that ad. Man Arby's, not since the Ovenmitt has a worst ad campaign.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I hate the ad with the Angry Birds creator talking for a solid minute about a website. It takes forever and I don't care if your lovely flash game for housewives made money.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Tired of seeing ads for the lovely Need for Speed game. It bombed with the critics, but I see more ads for it then any game that came out this year.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The Gamestop ad for Batman: Arkham City isn't so much bad, but mind boggling. It shows some scenes from the game, which is fine and all, but then talks about how if you buy the game there, you get a free copy of Batman Forever, and then shows scenes from the movie. Now don't get me wrong, getting a free movie with a game is neat, but Batman Forever? That movie doesn't even fit with this game's style at all. Would made a lot more sense to use one of the Nolan movies or Mask of the Phantasm.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

DrBouvenstein posted:

Eh, gotta do what you can to get rid of the massive pile of leftover DVD's.

Except it's not a DVD. It's for a Ultraviolet digital download of the movie. That what makes it really weird.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Hate the Samsung Galaxy ad mocking the Apple Hipster waiting in line for the iPhone, only to show their lovely product that nobody gives a gently caress about when it comes out.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Already been covered in the thread, but I really hate the World of Warcraft ad with Chuck Norris. Not only for the terrible meme that stole from this site, but because the fact the new X-Box 360 dashboard has that poo poo ad playing in the corner (thankfully with no sound).

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

SamBishop posted:

Wait, they somehow found a way to cram MORE ads into the dash? I haven't updated yet, but god drat... I guess Blizzard/Activision thinks they've roped in just about every possible person who knows the meme by now and US going after the same crowd that has never heard of WoW.

To be fair, it the same amount of ads as before, it just they are not longer in three pages of crap (which you always default to).

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Same thing with the M&M ad with the two meeting Santa. Speaking of old Christmas commercial returning, where is the Fruity Pebble ad!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

vyst posted:

MY FAMILY WAS KILLED.....IN FRONT OF ME

These Columbiana commercials annoy me

The ads for this movie were annoying when it was coming out, and it sounds like it hasn't changed when it came out on dvd. Be glad to see this movie fall into obscurely soon.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

C-Euro posted:

I'm sure it's been mentioned to death, but if I never see another Lexus December to Remember commercial it'll be too soon.

Add that and the Nisan ad with the people singing to ads I never want to hear again.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Darth Freddy posted:

Wow this is real. It links to a bunch of other dating sites and one of those is. http://www.whitepeopledate.com/

And they have a wonderful line of.

�A Place Where Love and Race are Related�

Tiger Woods, Quincy Jones , Seal, Ice-T, Reggie Bush and Cuba Godding Jr are stealing your white women. Halle Berry ,Iman, Paula Patton, and Garcelle Beauvais are stealing your white men.

That has to be a blatant troll or some one has really bad humor.

I seen a commercial on Adult Swim the other day for the counterpart site, Blackpeopledate.com and thought it was a troll.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Ugh, looks like Subway bought back their horrible ads where "if you eat anything else, YOUR INSTANTLY FAT". :fuckoff:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Sash! posted:

I'm more annoyed that GPS turned into a term for a navigation device.

Its not one. All GPS does is triangulate your position with satellites! It doesn't give you driving directions!
:goonsay:

At this point, it become THE TERM for navigation devices, much like Kleenexx instead of Tissues.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Not really a awful ad, but it always amuses me when they play a commercial for Shirely Temple Collection on Adult Swim. Talk about poor marketing.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

DrBouvenstein posted:

Adult Swim always seems to have weird ads.

That is true, but it's always jarring when they play a commercial that just doesn't fit their userbase at all, like the Shirley Temple ad.

Anyway, I'm really tired of the new Dish Network(?) ad where it implies if you use cable, your grandson will be some horrible mistake from a biker daughter somehow.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
For some reason the Art Institutes ads that play ALL THE loving TIME on Adult Swim just annoy the poo poo out of me. But at the same time, I can't remember a single detail about them. They are literally white noise after the moment the ad ends.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Farbtoner posted:

The commercial for Acts of Valor, in addition to looking like an awful movie independent of literally being a recruitment film for the Navy SEALS, amuses me to no end because somewhere over the past decade Eminem went from being one of those thug rappers who's corrupting our children to being patriotic red-blooded OORAH music.

The worst version of the ad is the Adult Swim varient they have, where it talks about it's being a guy guy movie and if you don't see it, then your a pussy. Movie looks so awful, don't think anyone will want to restore it in fifty years!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Something about the ad for The Lorax rubs me the wrong way. Probably the ad doing the terrible "guest starring these celebrities" section of the commercials, which on CGI Cartoons, tends to mean the movie is going to be awful.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Uh. Am I the only one who saw that commercial for Luvs' diapers? :stare: With the cartoon kids intentionally making GBS threads themselves on a stadium stage?

Forget the website, but a site a few months ago voted it the worst ad of 2011. For some reason this ad appears more and more lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I only started seeing it tonight, but the Boost Mobile ad with people in a glass room got annoying real fast!