Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

RoboJoe posted:

No it's not, neither in the EU or the US, it hasn't been for some months now. Thye probably ran out of CD Keys or got annoyed with Ubisofts poor patch support on Steam for it or something (I don't know for sure but thats the rumour).
ef:b

I thought it had been confirmed that Steam pulled it because Ubisoft refused to patch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Palleon posted:

I thought it had been confirmed that Steam pulled it because Ubisoft refused to patch it.

Well that blows. I really like having everything condensed to one play, aka Steam, since I don't forget about stuff when its there. I may still pick it up, I am unsure thus far though. Any reason what Ubisoft was being a bitch about patching it?

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

bagmonkey posted:

Well that blows. I really like having everything condensed to one play, aka Steam, since I don't forget about stuff when its there. I may still pick it up, I am unsure thus far though. Any reason what Ubisoft was being a bitch about patching it?

Ubisoft patched the game to fix it, the problem is they refused to give Steam the patch, and it was for save corruption issues, a pretty big deal. I think Ubisoft and Steam just had some pissing match at some point in the past about a game so Ubisoft decided to stop supporting their games on there, so Steam cut them off. If you buy the game elsewhere you can still get it patched up just fine and it's an awesome game and worth it, even though the Ubisoft is terrible in general.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Palleon posted:

Ubisoft patched the game to fix it, the problem is they refused to give Steam the patch, and it was for save corruption issues, a pretty big deal. I think Ubisoft and Steam just had some pissing match at some point in the past about a game so Ubisoft decided to stop supporting their games on there, so Steam cut them off. If you buy the game elsewhere you can still get it patched up just fine and it's an awesome game and worth it, even though the Ubisoft is terrible in general.

The awkward thing is that the EU version of DoD (at least the english one) on Steam has the latest patch.
German and US versions are stuck on old ones.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

1701 was the last game in the series I've played. Someone once described it as "economic Jenga" where if you lost one resource everything came tumbling down. It felt like I was following a build order, doing the same things every game and never really hooked me. Did Dawn of Discovery change that at all?

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

You. I will defeat you in the battle of Doctrine and control of the Sa-Matra.

While losing one part of a resource chain will stop you getting the end result that your poulation need they won't outright revolt for a lack of it. If you can't get them an item then they just won't upgrade to the next tier of population or if they are at the Nobleman level then they won't pay as much tax if you can't give them all they want. Most production chains are fairly simple or the resources are generally abundant enough to take care of all the needs as long as you have the space and resources for the needed buildings.

Doniazade
Jul 13, 2006

by T. Finninho
Two things that a lot of new players tend to miss in 1404:

Taxes don't have to be fully green. In fact, you should keep them in the middle unless you've built new houses or need to upgrade. The middle happiness level means they won't move in or out, the second highest means they'll move in(=fill up houses so they'll pay more tax) but won't advance to the next level and the highest happiness level is required to upgrade to the next level. Keeping your population at the correct tax level is absolutely crucial to balancing your economy.

The other thing is items. I have two types of item that I really love: +25% production and -x% maintenance cost. The production items are really loving powerful(see this chart) and getting three +25% carpet/coffee/perfume production items is basically a license to print money. Simply overproduce the goods in question and sell them via trade routes to Northburgh for mad cash. It won't show up directly in your income but trust me, active selling will make you a buttload of money with production boosters.

The maintentance items are great because they effectively increase your profits permanently for the entire game. -100% maintenance cost item on a 60g maintenance ship? That's 60g/tick profit forever. A lot of -maintenance items will really add up. I recommend refreshing item stocks as often as possible to fish for -maintenance and +production items.

Doniazade fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jun 17, 2011

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

I've finally got around to editing the bulk of the Anno 1404 information I made into the OP now, I'll tweak it more as times goes on, and I'll epsecially tweak the Anno 2070 section when we hear more information. I hope what I've put there is acceptable and makes sense for both veterans and newcomers to the series. If anyone has any tips or suggestions or corrections for any part of the first two posts then please tell me and I will edit in any tips and credit you for it.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Apologies for a double post but I have some Anno 2070 updates. There is a Twitter with vague information for Anno 2070 in german, however one of the Ubisoft people has been translating these to english on the official forum over a couple of weeks (I haven't been tehre recently and jsut found they actually made an english forum as before it was all german) so I thought I'd copy those here:

quote:

[June 20th 2011] Solar collectors are not be missed in the future. But where will they appear in ANNO 2070?

[June 17th 2011] Who is EVE? Or what is she ... You'll find out.

[June 16th 2011] One of the new vehicles featured in ANNO 2070 is the scanner ship. What do you think it does?

[June 15th 2011] The ocean in ANNO 2070 is full of details - you'll not just come to see some fishies ...

[June 14th 2011] Did you ever hear about a Ministry of Truth? You didn't? We neither. :P But who knows, perhaps future societies might be in need of somethig like this ...

[June 10th 2011] When starting a new game session in ANNO 2070, the Arc will emerge from the waters. What else may be hidden below the surface?

[June 9th 2011] When developing a video game, the dev team usually collects all game design data in a so called GDD, which is short for game design document. The GDD for ANNO 2070 curretly counts about 1200 pages!

[June 8th 2011] In case you didn't know it yet: The internal code name of ANNO 2070 was ANNO FUTURE 2070.

[June 7th 2011] Master the past before heading into the future: Ubisoft celebrates its 25th Anniversary with various special offers. ANNO is also on sale! http://www.gamesload.de/ubisoft-special/

[June 6th 2011] Thanks to all the advance and development, ANNO 2070 will grant you some interesting new possibilities for theft - amongst other things ...

You can find the Twitter here: http://twitter.com/ANNO_DE
The thread for the translations is here: http://forums-de.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3231027629/m/6201063929

Edit:
Sounds like there might be something different in this game to do with oceans, possibly building cities underwater/floating cities? Or at least building something in the ocean found with the Scanner Ship maybe. Whoever EVE is sounds...odd, I hope they don't go adding some kind of silly personification of the Earth you trade with or something.

RoboJoe fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jun 21, 2011

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

RoboJoe posted:

Edit:
Sounds like there might be something different in this game to do with oceans, possibly building cities underwater/floating cities? Or at least building something in the ocean found with the Scanner Ship maybe. Whoever EVE is sounds...odd, I hope they don't go adding some kind of silly personification of the Earth you trade with or something.

I'm hoping it's a rogue AI which has taken on the personality of Leif.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Decrepus posted:

1701 was the last game in the series I've played. Someone once described it as "economic Jenga" where if you lost one resource everything came tumbling down. It felt like I was following a build order, doing the same things every game and never really hooked me. Did Dawn of Discovery change that at all?

This is how Dawn of Discovery feels to me. The fact that there's only one path forward essentially, and the rampant cheating by the AI, sucked a lot of the fun out. Once I played it a single time I felt like subsequent playthoughs didn't have much to offer me, and the AI basically just doing its thing without following the same rules you're constrained by sucks a lot. I guess having separate sides in this new one might help things, but the latest game really does lack variety to its gameplay.

John Q. Sixpublic
Oct 8, 2008
Anno 1404 was a fun game for the sandbox/continuous single player mode. Multiplayer was a letdown because a game takes somewhere around 10 hours to finish, so you're not likely going to be motivated to pick it up again after the first session.

Really, what makes me sad is that Blue Byte is a wonderful developer, but they are saddled with Ubisoft, one of the worst publishers. Anno and The Settlers 7 really captured my imagination but I cannot play them in good conscience knowing that Ubisoft is involved.

It's a niche game made by Germans for Germans, and it's a shame because its such a charming game. A little nip-tuck to the game mechanics and it would be one of my favorite games of all time.

Ubisoft can go gently caress themselves, though.

Big Sal Graziano
May 10, 2011

by Ozmaugh
I used to regularly play multiplayer with friends every night. Games were long but they were still a blast.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Palleon posted:

I'm hoping it's a rogue AI which has taken on the personality of Leif.
LA LA LALA LALA!
*burns houses down*
Whatever I've done, I'm sorry. :(

Lassitude posted:

This is how Dawn of Discovery feels to me. The fact that there's only one path forward essentially, and the rampant cheating by the AI, sucked a lot of the fun out. Once I played it a single time I felt like subsequent playthoughs didn't have much to offer me, and the AI basically just doing its thing without following the same rules you're constrained by sucks a lot. I guess having separate sides in this new one might help things, but the latest game really does lack variety to its gameplay.
I haven't noticed that much cheating. For example if I buy up the AI's spice producing islands and block them from getting any more their main island will regress back to citizens after their stores run out.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I've compiled some news that were posted on various German news sites recently, here goes:

Minimum specs
The current minimum specs are supposed to be 2.0 GHz Dual-Core-CPU, 2G RAM and a Shader-3.0-GPU (Geforce 6/Radeon X1000 and upward) with 512M RAM. This is pretty much the config you needed to play 1404 in medium details so if that's what you played on, chances are 2070 won't run (well).

Direct X11
They did some testing and found out it has no real advantages over Direct X10, at least in this game. 2070 is going to run on 10, 9 ("heavily optimized") if you use Windows XP.

Lighting
Lighting is going to be a big deal in 2070. They're using Deferred Rendering (like Metro 2033 and Crysis 2) which according to them is able to produce an "almost infinite" number of light sources without slowing down. The big deal here is shadows; everything in the cities will reflect sunlight, there will be video walls and tons of other light emitting sources and Deferred Rendering makes it possible to display shadows not only from the main light source (the sun) but have them be altered by the light emitted by other sources, reflections etc. Basically the game is gonna look like an LSD trip and you'll freak the gently caress out.

Water
The water is supposed to be even more awesome then before; the big news here is that they are NOT using PhysX but compiled their own physics engine which is 100% GPU. This means that you are not bound to using an NVidia card if you wanna get the best water effects, it will work the same on ATI. Waves will be physical objects made from polygons and thus crash into each other and the shore in proper physical detail. There's also going to be rain which runs down the surface of your buildings and collects in puddles on the ground. Lastly, rivers will no longer be "plains" but will have depth to them, which results in interfering currents.

Random bits of news
There will be pirates.
There will be a multiplayer but they have no idea what it's going to look like yet.
There will be an expansion pack at some point (duh).
There will be natural disasters. The amount of natural disasters to hit you will depend on your choice of Eco/Tycoon, Eco obviously being the "better" one here. Both sims will be able to create technology to deal with these disasters though.

Last poo poo they posted on twitter:
"ANNO_DE: These days already, there are drones being used for fights and recon missions. What about the future? ;)"

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Thanks for all that info Katana Gomai, I posted it in the OP :)

Batmans dad
Jun 27, 2008
I really like Anno 1404. I'm a sucker for games with a nice sort of whimsical artstyle and lush, vibrant colors (it's why I like the Fable games eventhough their gameplay isn't exactly greatest) and I'm also gay for anything historical. Nevertheless the game only manages to hold my attention for an hour or so per day. Like some of the posters have pointed out, you're basically following a techtree untill you reach the end of some goal. Right now getting enough gems to get all the vanity buildings is what's driving me, pretty much.

I'm also not the most efficient player. I could build a bunch of houses in this open spot, but why not a huge fountain surrounded by St. Mark's statues instead? To keep things interesting I try to make really pretty cities instead of the boring sterile monstrocities I see some of you make. :)

Batmans dad fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jun 22, 2011

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Ok, I just bought and installed Dawn of Discovery from GamersGate. Turns out they apparently forgot to give me a 2nd serial key for Dawn of Discovery and only gave me a key for Venice. Or did I completely miss something? Venice via Addon.exe works fine/activated fine but did this piece of poo poo service seriously forget to give out the second key required for the original game Anno4.exe? Did I completely overlook something?

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

That's odd indeed, so if you try to launch the Anno4.exe for the base game it requests a CD Key too?

I owned the base game on DVD but when I wanted the expansion I decided to get the Gold version from Direct2drive, and they gave me a single CDkey for the Gold version, and I'm quite sure if I load up the expansion or the base game it's the gold version using that single CDkey.

I'm not too sure what to suggest, have you tried inputting the key again if it requests it? Messaging the Gamersgate support or maybe even Ubisoft support could help.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I absolutely love this series, I own every game of it multiple times due to either having disks worn out or it being cheap and thinking I lost a copy.

Sometimes I wonder why so few games of these kind are made, but then I realize that if you make games that people easily play for 500hours there isn't a whole lot of time for different ones in the same genre.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

RoboJoe posted:

That's odd indeed, so if you try to launch the Anno4.exe for the base game it requests a CD Key too?

I owned the base game on DVD but when I wanted the expansion I decided to get the Gold version from Direct2drive, and they gave me a single CDkey for the Gold version, and I'm quite sure if I load up the expansion or the base game it's the gold version using that single CDkey.

I'm not too sure what to suggest, have you tried inputting the key again if it requests it? Messaging the Gamersgate support or maybe even Ubisoft support could help.

Yeah, I emailed support. The serial key absolutely does not work with the base game, it's only for the expansion. Apparently, someone else had this problem when they bought Dawn of Discovery Gold from GamersGate, too, and had to jump through some hoops with their support to get the second required key, ugghhh.

I don't know who to blame. GamersGate's incompetence or Ubisoft's terrible support for this game? I wish I bought it off Direct2Drive. Anndd I think I'm done venting!

Just a heads up that if you're looking to buy the Gold edition then skip GamersGate and just buy it from Direct2Drive instead.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

XausF1 posted:

Ok, I just bought and installed Dawn of Discovery from GamersGate. Turns out they apparently forgot to give me a 2nd serial key for Dawn of Discovery and only gave me a key for Venice. Or did I completely miss something? Venice via Addon.exe works fine/activated fine but did this piece of poo poo service seriously forget to give out the second key required for the original game Anno4.exe? Did I completely overlook something?

Ubi patched out all DRM for Anno 1404 about two years ago so they don't even ship them with CD Keys anymore (my DVD version was bought during that period and is patched up already; it doesn't ask for a key, neither did it come with one). I don't know how GamersGate works but if their installer still asks for a key they haven't given you the "current" one. It's one of those cases where I can legitimately recommend you to get the DVD iso via :files: or something.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Actually, Ubi patched out the DRM for all retail/physical copies only. All digitally distributed versions of the game still come loaded to the brim with Tages DRM. :(

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Who'd have thought in Anno 2011 I would actually decide to buy a physical boxed copy of a PC game. Plus ça change...

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

quote:

[July 1st 2011] Some interesting gameplay features in ANNO 2070 are certainly attached to the Senate.

[June 29th 2011] One of the problems mankind will have to face in future times is called overpopulation. In ANNO 2070 you'll most likely notice some more inhabitants than in previous ANNO games.

[June 28th 2011] The official ANNO 2070 Facebook Site features new renderings of important ECO buildings such as the concert hall or the education tower. Check them out on https://www.facebook.com/annoDE

[June 27th 2011] Not only today, but also in future times, concrete plays an important role when constructing buildings.

[June 24th 2011] One of the new buildings in ANNO 2070 is the eco monitoring station.

[June 22nd 2011] ANNO 2070 features several special and highly important characters. One of them is called Rufus.

There hasn't been any real news lately as far as I can tell so I thought I'd update the thread with some information from translated Twitter thread.

It sounds to me like Concrete will be the new version of Stone, just a simple base building material, unless of course it's something thats a multi-stage building resource like Glass was but I more inclined to thinking it's the start. Overpopulation could be interesting, maybe that'll be the biggest disadvantage to going ECO and the Tycoons can build giant skyscrapers to ease it. Or it's just a remark saying you'll have much bigger populations than in previous games and it has no gameplay effect apart from than the usual population needs for upgrading your civilization. I'm assuming the Senate will be used like the similar mechanaic in 1404 Venice where you can slowly buy seats on a council on an island and gain control of it that way but maybe it'll be a different thing involving the governing of all your own islands.

So little information yet so much to speculate on.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Sales!

Anno 1404 / Dawn of Discovery Gold is $12 on Amazon this weekend
http://www.amazon.com/Dawn-of-Discovery-Gold-Download/dp/B003BVIXV8

Anno 1701 is $7.50 on Steam until the 10th
http://store.steampowered.com/app/7870

Amazon is a decent place to buy from as you can redownload after purchase.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
edit: whoops, n/m. Completely different games!

Wirth1000 fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jul 2, 2011

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
1404 question for you guys, the complete 30 quests in a hard game without missing one achievment, how the hell do you actually do that, i know for fact ive done that, several times, what am i missing?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Graviton v2 posted:

1404 question for you guys, the complete 30 quests in a hard game without missing one achievment, how the hell do you actually do that, i know for fact ive done that, several times, what am i missing?

You are probably missing hidden quests. You know, havary or flotsam quests that only get mentioned and a log-book entry when you actually find and click on the persons/crates. Also the quests that the populace gives, which can happen across all your islands in various buildings at pretty much any time without warning. If you don't accept them and they expire (they're not around forever), you're screwed.

Yeah, this is a rather tough one. As far as i know, there's no way to check whether you already missed one or if there's a hidden quests available somewhere at the moment. You just have to scan all your islands and the sea now and again to make sure you're not missing out on quests.

And you don't have to do this on hard, i'm pretty sure. Do an easy continuous game on a small map, populate only one island and eplore the sea as quickly as possible.

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

duz posted:

Sales!

Anno 1404 / Dawn of Discovery Gold is $12 on Amazon this weekend
http://www.amazon.com/Dawn-of-Discovery-Gold-Download/dp/B003BVIXV8

Anno 1701 is $7.50 on Steam until the 10th
http://store.steampowered.com/app/7870

Amazon is a decent place to buy from as you can redownload after purchase.

Is 1701 worth playing if you already have 1404? I think I might be more interested in getting it if it had the old-school sprite graphics.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

HenryEx posted:

You are probably missing hidden quests. You know, havary or flotsam quests that only get mentioned and a log-book entry when you actually find and click on the persons/crates. Also the quests that the populace gives, which can happen across all your islands in various buildings at pretty much any time without warning. If you don't accept them and they expire (they're not around forever), you're screwed.

Yeah, this is a rather tough one. As far as i know, there's no way to check whether you already missed one or if there's a hidden quests available somewhere at the moment. You just have to scan all your islands and the sea now and again to make sure you're not missing out on quests.

And you don't have to do this on hard, i'm pretty sure. Do an easy continuous game on a small map, populate only one island and eplore the sea as quickly as possible.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

I bought 1701 when I was in Houston on a lark because it was cheap and had a pretty sailboat on the cover.

Got around to installing it last night and played for 6 hours :psyduck:

Still not totally secure on the economic balance thing, but hopefully I'll get it right soon.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Time for my weekly roundup of the Twitters!

quote:

[July 8th 2011] Volcanic eruptions will have various effects in ANNO 2070, such as the destruction of buildings and environments and the respective consequences.

[July 7th 2011] In ANNO 2070, various buildings are responsible for delivering energy.

[July 6th 2011] New times, new threats! What about viruses, for example?

[July 5th 2011] By doing shift-clicks, you can make ships moving to several destinations, successively.

[July 4th 2011] Even in 2070, pirates are a still serious problem on the seas.

Natural disasters and whatnot still being in 2070 is good, some people love building up an empire then seeing it all fall apart from a volcano or earthquake :v: Viruses sound more a technological virus rather than a plague (although it wouldn't surprise me if some sanitation related problem is in the game) which might possibly be part of whatever espionage system they have in place or maybe just something that can develop the more focused on tech you are.

The multiple energy production buildings sound like various ones for the two factions, something like wind or water power for ECOs and fossil fuel or nuclear for the tycoons, maybe geothermal power statitions too. I can imagine hotspots in various locations on islands (think like in 1404 the parts of rivers where you can build paper mills) like points on the coast or uranium mines where you can build a better power station.

I really hope we can get some actual good information from Gamescon, all these teasses just leads to me rampantly speculating about things and getting excited :(

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Yay, pirates. I hope they will be at least as awesome as in 1404. The permanent alliance, treasure maps, etc was a really fun addition. :pirate:

I'm happy and slightly ashamed to announce that earlier today, with at least 100 hours played total, I finally got around to finishing building the Sultan's Mosque for the first time.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I ordered Anno 1404 from an Amazon seller and just got Dawn of Discovery in the mail! :confuoot:

Oh well, I guess they're identical. Now I just have to find a hard copy of Venice for less than $40.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Think I have it all figured out now. Still fun as hell.

I like the ore -> raw iron -> tool / weapon / cannon production chains the best :3:

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Not really sold on the look of 2070. The historical games made for iconic buildings and just struck me as more attractive. 2070 looks kinda 'generic' sci-fi.

I wish they'd gone back and time and maybe done some ancients. Babylonians or Romans or something. Although, I suppose Rome is the most generic historical city builder. Was there ever a Mesoamerican city builder game? I'd love to sacrifice little conquistidors on my pyramids.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
If the chap running the OP is still around, you might want to edit it for UK/Euro types as the getgamesgo website version has long been the cheapest around for us. Atm it's £10 cheaper than any of the others and they occasionally stick it on sale for another fiver off.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Fazana posted:

If the chap running the OP is still around, you might want to edit it for UK/Euro types as the getgamesgo website version has long been the cheapest around for us. Atm it's £10 cheaper than any of the others and they occasionally stick it on sale for another fiver off.

Sure I'll put that in there, thanks!

Fintilgin posted:

Not really sold on the look of 2070. The historical games made for iconic buildings and just struck me as more attractive. 2070 looks kinda 'generic' sci-fi.

I wish they'd gone back and time and maybe done some ancients. Babylonians or Romans or something. Although, I suppose Rome is the most generic historical city builder. Was there ever a Mesoamerican city builder game? I'd love to sacrifice little conquistidors on my pyramids.

It definitely seems a interesting move to go into the future, some people like it and some poeple don't. I think they did this to see what things they could do with a future setting, I suppose how well its recieved is whether they'll make the next game in the past or in the future somewhere. Anno 2700 based around colonizing a new planet or planets would be pretty cool! It would be interesting to see an Anno game set in an earlier era than any of the current ones though.

RoboJoe fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jul 12, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doniazade
Jul 13, 2006

by T. Finninho
Anno 20,000 BC: The spoiled chieftains have developed new needs!

New need unlocked: Mammoth steaks
New building unlocked: Mammoth hunter's cave

• Locked thread