Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

abraham linksys posted:

I like it when albums that try to create a cool mystique with their packaging go and ruin it with a picture of the band

Even with that on there it's one amazing album. I need to get a copy as soon as I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
The album owns. One of the best releases this year, and that's saying a lot.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Fuckin' lol at Harp guy

W424
Oct 21, 2010

a worthy uhh posted:

Fuckin' lol at Harp guy

I first thought the dude was eating icecream, would have been perfect.

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

I am the undisputed king of an infinite amount of nothing, don't correct me when I'm wrong, I'm proud to wear the crown of fools
What's the deal with picture discs in this day and age? They're literally used just for metal and for albums that might appeal to teenage girls.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

theradiostillsucks posted:

What's the deal with picture discs in this day and age? They're literally used just for metal and for albums that might appeal to teenage girls.

I think you answered your question there.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The dudes who put out the recent Mother vinyl OST are now doing Mother 2! http://shiptoshore.storenvy.com/products/14044656-mother-2

quote:

MOTHER 2: ギーグの逆修 
$40.00

PRE-ORDER
COMING SOON
DESCRIPTION

NOTE: This is a pre-order and will ship early 2016.

For the first time ever on vinyl, Ship to Shore PhonoCo., in conjunction with Sony Music Entertainment, is proud to present Hirokazu Tanaka & Keiichi Suzuki's original soundtrack to the 1994 Super Famicom classic MOTHER 2: ギーグの逆修 (MOTHER 2: Gyiyg Strikes Back!).

MOTHER 2, released as EarthBound in the West, is revered as one of the most offbeat and memorable RPGs. Citing influence from artists such as Brian Wilson, Frank Zappa and John Lennon, Suzuki and Tanaka created a diverse soundscape quite unlike anything that came before it.

Remastered specifically for vinyl and released outside of Japan for the first time ever, MOTHER 2 is a must have for video game music and soundtrack fans.

Pressing information:
Each 2xLP is housed in an old style tip on gatefold jacket, and a traditional Japanese OBI strip

Classic Black Vinyl
"ギーグ" Red/Black swirl
"ネス" Blue/Yellow Split
"どせいさん" Hot Spring Pink
(Please note that the colors in the photo are approximations. Actual colors may vary slightly.)

TRACK LISTING:
SIDE A
1. Prologue
2. Onett
3. Twoson
4. Saturn Valley
5. Winters
6. Threek
7. Doko Doko Desert
8. Fourside
9. Moonside

SIDE B
1. Ramma
2. Summers
3. Scarabi
4. Dungeon Man
5. Cursed Jungles
6. Gumi Village
7. The Under World
8. Magicant
9. The Great Under World

SIDE C
1. Final Battle
2. Love & Peace
3. Ending

SIDE D
1. Room Number (PSI Mix)
2. Hula-Hoop (PSI Mix)
3. Another 2 (PSI Mix)
NOTE: THIS PRODUCT WILL ONLY SHIP TO NORTH AMERICA AND EUROPE.

I am slightly embarrassed at how happy this makes me.

Edit: Also if you missed out on the Kickstarter, there will be a limited supply of the Mother 1 OST available as well.

Ballz fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Aug 26, 2015

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

ignore

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

I did not need to know about the Mother 2 OST. I did not need my wallet lightened.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The dudes who put out the recent Mother vinyl OST are now doing Mother 2! http://shiptoshore.storenvy.com/products/14044656-mother-2

This just went live. I grabbed the blue/yellow version.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
jesus christ I thought the amy winehose posting was sad

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
Bedhead box set marked down to $55
http://www.numerogroup.com/products/bedhead-1992-1998
:eyepop:

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
saorry that's not a super nintendo game or action movie, going to have to pass

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Hell yeah thanks for this.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
This arrived in the mail today.

Only released on vinyl through etsy which was kind of neat, I guess. Any other Walkmen fans in here? It's awfully sleepy piano driven stuff. Worth a listen but way too close to their dadrock phase, imho.

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy
I'm selling some original 80's hardcore albums, as well as original punk (Sex Pistols, Replacements), and some other random stuff (Ray Charles, Madonna, Old 97's) over in SA-Mart. Check it out if you're so inclined.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
since it's against the rules to post this in sa-mart i'll post here that your prices are bullshit

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
good job taking advantage of anyone stupid enough not to check discogs though

Roger Troutman
Jan 11, 2007

What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.
Someone bought those Madonna LPs?!

:captainpop:

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy
Sorry guys. If you want to make a better offer feel free in the SA-Mart thread. :)

I thought my prices were pretty fair based on what things were selling for on Discogs and given the relative condition but everyone is different.

For instance a lot of those hardcore albums are selling for less but the discs are more damaged and they don't have the insert. I think that makes mine a little more valuable. If you don't, okay, cool.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

stay depressed posted:

good job taking advantage of anyone stupid enough not to check discogs though

Those prices are mostly consistent with what people are asking on discogs.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
whatup

:siren::boom::boom::boom:http://www.engadget.com/2015/09/02/panasonic-reviving-technics-turntables/:boom::boom::boom::siren:

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Yeah, but the prototype they had on display looks like this:

Edit:
Wired article from which I found that image: http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2015-09/02/panasonic-turntable-technics

interpunct fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Sep 3, 2015

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
"The analog turntable will be completely rebuilt, Panasonic said, with new elements at every level. But it will also be designed to reflect the esteem in which the classic Technics turntables — the legendary SP10 and DJs' favourite SL-1200 turntables — are still held."

Allow me to translate for you

"Turntables are popular again, and Technics is a name with a lot of cache, if we say Technics enough in the press, you are more likely to buy our overpriced turntables right?"

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Maybe they shouldn't have stopped making the loving things in the first place, but I'm glad they've realized their mistake and will reissue the classic 1200 series turntables at price considerably higher than the older models sold for just a few years ago.

IN OTHER NEWS.

If you live in New England, Newbury Comics is doing a 25% sale all on vinyl records now through the 6th.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
If they gently caress it up, we'll only be left with where the status quo was yesterday- with every other new and old turntable currently on the market and where you can easily get an existing SL1200 in 8/10 shape for $400 or less if you live near a civilized area and wait long enough.

I reserve the right to be optimistic that they'll release a solid version in keeping with the old one and hopefully not price it too far from the $300 or whatever that it used to cost.

Given the fact that they're nodding to the 1200's history as a DJ tool as well as a hifi device, I'm hoping that they'll treat this as well as Korg and Roland and co. have been treating the resurgence of demand for analog synths (yes, I like AIRA).

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Given that one factory is making GBS threads out most of the other brands of turntables and they're just clones upon clones, I like that at least Panasonic is doing something on their own (even if it's just to rectify a really bad mistake).

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

Xarthor posted:

For instance a lot of those hardcore albums are selling for less but the discs are more damaged and they don't have the insert. I think that makes mine a little more valuable. If you don't, okay, cool.

I think it's pretty debatable whether the difference between "sounds fine, no insert, cover looks used" and "almost mint, light ring wear" should be like 30 bucks.

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy
My bet with Panasonic is they re-release the 1200 but I bet it's going to be closer to the build quality (and price) of the AudioTechnica LP-120. Which is to say, not a terrible turntable but not the Sherman tank that is the current 1200.

I hope Panasonic proves me wrong. :gbsmith:

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

The Audio-Technica LP-120 is already pretty much an exact clone of the SL-120.

Anyone know of good record shops in the Denver area? Hoping to hit a few up this weekend.

Enos Cabell fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Sep 3, 2015

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Ras Het posted:

I think it's pretty debatable whether the difference between "sounds fine, no insert, cover looks used" and "almost mint, light ring wear" should be like 30 bucks.

All you need is one person that cares about these things to pay the price premium and you know as well as I do that there are tons of them out there.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Enos Cabell posted:

The Audio-Technica LP-120 is already pretty much an exact clone of the SL-120.

Isn't the drive mechanism sort of different?

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Enos Cabell posted:

Anyone know of good record shops in the Denver area? Hoping to hit a few up this weekend.
In Denver: http://twistandshout.com/

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Awesome, thanks!

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
And if you're up near Boulder, both Absolute Vinyl Records & Stereo and Albums On The Hill are good.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

http://www.waxtraxrecords.com/

One of my favorites in Denver.

Roger Troutman
Jan 11, 2007

What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.

Flaggy posted:

http://www.waxtraxrecords.com/

One of my favorites in Denver.

Best.

Twist isn't bad but a lot of their stuff is overpriced. There's also Black & Read and there's some primarily punk and metal shop out in Lakewood I keep meaning to check out. Chain Reaction?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Hit both Twist and Shout and Wax Trax today, and I gotta agree that Wax Trax was better. Great used selection and really good prices. T&S seemed to be mostly new releases.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Roger Troutman posted:

Best.

Twist isn't bad but a lot of their stuff is overpriced. There's also Black & Read and there's some primarily punk and metal shop out in Lakewood I keep meaning to check out. Chain Reaction?

I love Wax, I did not know there was a shop in Lakewood, now I have to check that out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Welp, I just paid $100 for a lot of 250 random records from the 60s in good condition. No clue what's in the lot.

I'll report back once I've dug through it all.