Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Ballz posted:

Posted this in the Dropsy thread the other day:

It's really, really good. If you haven't played the game, you can listen to it here and pick up a copy while they're still available.

I also have a picture of the record spinning on my turntable but you guys have made me ashamed of my setup. :saddowns:

What's to be ashamed of? There's only a couple people with crazy systems around here and none of them post in this thread I don't think. Everyone else has budget stereos or thrift store finds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

BigFactory posted:

What's to be ashamed of? You already posted the Dropsy record

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Way to step on the joke

Elrobot
Dec 28, 2004
Press the buttons all at once, all of the time
found this lovely worn out copy of 1969 portland psych band Touch s/t, opens from the center and sounds good for a buck :mrwhite:

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Missing the ring

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Ballz posted:

I also have a picture of the record spinning on my turntable but you guys have made me ashamed of my setup. :saddowns:
My setup includes my Autistic brother's record player. Every possible inch of it is covered in Muppet Babies stickers. He's 32.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

caligulamprey posted:

Every possible inch of it is covered in Muppet Babies stickers.

That actually sounds awesome.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

caligulamprey posted:

My setup includes my Autistic brother's record player. Every possible inch of it is covered in Muppet Babies stickers. He's 32.

Mine is an AT-LP60 hooked to an iPod HiFi, come at me :colbert:

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Spinning the new crown jewel of my collection.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

Spinning the new crown jewel of my collection.

I've never known how badly I've wanted that until now.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

What are those numbered stickers?

My only guess is BPM references for each track, but...shrug?

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Ballz posted:

Posted this in the Dropsy thread the other day:

It's really, really good. If you haven't played the game, you can listen to it here and pick up a copy while they're still available.

Bought Dropsy cause of this reminder. Fun game so far!

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Allen Wren posted:

What are those numbered stickers?

My only guess is BPM references for each track, but...shrug?

That's my guess.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

WASDF posted:

Bought Dropsy cause of this reminder. Fun game so far!

Really fun game that goes Superman meets Pan's Labyrinth at the end. Still good, but totally not what I was expecting.

I really can't emphasize my love of the soundtrack enough, probably up there with the newest Flying Lotus as my favorite record I bought in the past year. It's chill as gently caress, and gets my creative juices flowing.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Ballz posted:

Really fun game that goes Superman meets Pan's Labyrinth at the end. Still good, but totally not what I was expecting.

I really can't emphasize my love of the soundtrack enough, probably up there with the newest Flying Lotus as my favorite record I bought in the past year. It's chill as gently caress, and gets my creative juices flowing.

The soundtrack is very good. It reminds me a bit of early Black Moth Super Rainbow, and goes well together cause I've been listening to a lot of Start a People lately too!

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
I hit up a flea market this weekend, not a lot of records but one woman had a tiny little box of 45s marked 3 for $1. I grabbed a couple Elvis Costello singles and needed a 3rd so I grabbed the :goonsay: iest disk in the box

The band is apparently aggressively anti-disabled people.

A previous owner wasn't amused.

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
Uhhh were there any other :goonsay: records in that box cause you probably shoulda bought the entire thing

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
The cheapest price on discogs for that 7" is $68.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.
Uhhh like yeah mate that record is like almost a classic

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
that record is wasted on you

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed

Chill Callahan posted:

Uhhh were there any other :goonsay: records in that box cause you probably shoulda bought the entire thing

No, largely R&B and 80's pop.

BigFactory posted:

The cheapest price on discogs for that 7" is $68.

Yeah, but in Very Good condition though. This copy is pretty beat up.

stay depressed posted:

that record is wasted on you

Completely.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
the Fez soundtrack is finally getting a vinyl release: https://polyshop.store-08.com/polyshop/po050001-polytron-fez-soundtrack-2x12-vinyl/

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

FINALLY

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

So I've just found out that there was an early bird edition of American Football - American Football Deluxe printed on yellow and green, and the only copy I can find for sale is $100 on eBay.

I know one of you fuckers is sad as hell like I am and I need every edition of this record that exists so please sell it to me for a reasonable amount so I can be one step closer to that goal.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?
Similarly, I've got a copy of Tycho's Dive (deluxe edition) that I don't really think I need anymore. Anyone might want it? Not really looking to make anything off it, so i'll take a reasonable offer. Barely used.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

As expected, this Black Friday Record Store Day was pretty lame. I spent way too much during April's RSD so I guess it balances out, or something.

Only thing I picked up was Beck's Dreams single. Great song but as far as special releases go... :effort:

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

Ballz posted:

As expected, this Black Friday Record Store Day was pretty lame. I spent way too much during April's RSD so I guess it balances out, or something.

Only thing I picked up was Beck's Dreams single. Great song but as far as special releases go... :effort:

He released an even more :effort: version earlier this year with a white sleeve with no artwork on black vinyl.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

That reminds me, I need to go find a copy of The Pod today.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Enos Cabell posted:

That reminds me, I need to go find a copy of The Pod today.
The Pod is an RSD First release, so I'm guessing a wide re-release is imminent? gently caress it, I need to go find a copy of The Pod today.

And The Meatmen reissues.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
My local record store didn't even participate today. Was there anything good on the list?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Flaggy posted:

My local record store didn't even participate today. Was there anything good on the list?

New vinyl only Jon Langford and Mekons but that's it imo

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

TubeStank posted:

New vinyl only Jon Langford and Mekons but that's it imo

I'm not seeing the Garden State soundtrack in your list.

:iiam:

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Picked up a couple random grab bags of 45s today because I like to live dangerously.

Both of them had a copy of this in them and all I can find with my preliminary searches is someone trying to charge 90 bucks for it.

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Nov 29, 2015

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Heads up

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

Boinks posted:

Heads up

thanks for this. no way was i checking ikea for cyber monday

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Boinks posted:

Heads up

Great, thank you!

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Thom and the Heads posted:

thanks for this. no way was i checking ikea for cyber monday

Yeah no poo poo. My wife asked me "how big is a record?" and sent me the link.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

I've got both KALLAX and the EXPEDIT in my apartment and I cannot tell the difference. Good stuff all around.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
i think the inner parts are thicker on the expedit i dont remember

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Hell yeah! No more records in moving boxes like a hobo with bad taste!