Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Skavoovee posted:

My girlfriend got me this for my birthday :D

Cherish her.

Also, what's up with that url?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Inspector_71 posted:

I guess the point I'm trying to make with these lovely, meandering stories it that vinyl is cool.

This is the vinyl thread, those stories are definitely not lovely nor meandering here :unsmith:

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
I'm so bummed I missed out on Starfucker latest album, Reptilians, on clear vinyl.

poo poo's impossible to find these days :smith:

Dissapointed Owl fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jun 12, 2011

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Tiny Faye posted:

Not really. If you want limited runs like that you should subscribe to the record label newsletters of your favorite bands. I pre-ordered mine through the Polyvinyl store for like 17 shipped when it was released.

What do you mean 'not really'? It is impossible to find after the fact. I knew it was coming out, I knew it was limited but it sold out too soon for me to take advantage of it and is now impossible to find. I am subscribed to the newsletter. No need to be condescending about someone missing a release and lamenting the fact that it's no longer available anywhere.

Geez.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Tiny Faye posted:

Not being condescending - just didn't know if you originally knew where to find it when it came out. It can be tough keeping up with these things.

Oh sorry. Nah, this time it was my own stupidity that made me miss it. Usually you can always find a copy later for a couple bucks more but this release seems to have just gone with the wind.

Too bad :(

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

cheese eats mouse posted:

My local record shop is getting in the Supercolider/Butcher EPs tomorrow. Patience is a virtue

It'll probably be identical to the limited release of RSD, making the people that paid far out the rear end for it seem like even bigger dupes. It wasn't even numbered or anything.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Apparently these have been available for a long-rear end time and still haven't sold out, so either people have overlooked it or Woven Hand isn't as big as I'd thought, but Burnt Toast Vinyl has Test Pressings for sale of both The Threshing Floor album on blue vinyl and Consider The Birds album (of which there are only 15) for $25 each.

They also have Test Pressings of Mt. Eerie's Live in Copenhagen triple vinyl for $40.

I don't have much experience with test pressings but they seem like cool little collector's items for those interested.

Also, Consider The Birds never got a European vinyl release iirc and the European release of The Threshing Floor was bland as hell. This one's a really nice gatefold.

You know, if you're into that sort of thing.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Oh sweet new John Maus album on mottled vinyl, I don't care that you're limited to a hundred copies, I will play you until there's nothing left to spin.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Ghumbs posted:

Nice! Maybe it's just the picture, but that looks much more light blue than seafoam green.

E: I just woke up and had Hey Moon in my head from the start.

Yeah, I contacted them about it. It is mottled but darkish blue. I too thought it would be green, but nowhere on the site does it state so; the mottled one is in fact blue.
They said the other blue vinyl version was really light blue, so I did get the right one.

It sounds superb, btw.

Dissapointed Owl fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jun 16, 2011

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Ghumbs posted:

Well, the color looks awesome for what it's worth. Can't wait to get mine.

I think I'll get the hand-numbered American release as well.

Seriously, I love this album.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
For any Mark Kozelek fans out there, Sound Stage Direct still sells vinyl copies of Lost Verses live for $25.

Dissapointed Owl fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jun 18, 2011

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
^^^ Cant wait to get my copy but that sucks. Hopefully I'll have better luck.

Found this copy of The White Stripes - Get Behind Me Satan in some little record store I'd never been in before. I know it's technically worthless but it's still a fun thing to have for 20 bucks.

How about a proper release, Jack?

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

CPL593H posted:

Is anyone here a Third Man Records Vault Club member? If you are, are you still waiting on the recent package? Because I am and I don't remember it ever taking this long. I'm starting to worry that evil mail goblins snuck into the post office somewhere along the line and ate mine. It figures that this would happen for the package that I consider to be the best yet.

I'm pretty sure they only started shipping the packages a week ago. They have a blog post about it, if I recall correctly.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Holy poo poo that's terrible. :ohdear:

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
So I ordered that Flaming Lips coloured box set ages ago. Never got anything. Asked for a replacement. They say they sent a replacement. Never got it. Now I'm getting a refund...

gently caress you Warner Brothers records.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

midge posted:

http://www.walkingwallofwords.com/releases.html

Instant purchase. The site is getting hammered right now.

e: in my excitement I totally didn't see the post on the last page! Which is far better than mine.

52 dollar shipping? Goddamn :(

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Wish there was a little bit more info on how many of those Neutral Milk Hotel box sets Mangum will be making...

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
So, sort of vinyl related I guess, this is happening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyzjVL5tFn0&feature=player_embedded

So... Oh god... Vault members can expect an Insane Clown Posse package coming one of these days? :stare:

edit:

Also, in less frightening news, the new Clap Your Hands Say Yeah album "Hysterical" is up for pre-order and the light blue double vinyl edition with 3 bonus songs is limited to 500 copies.

Dissapointed Owl fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Aug 31, 2011

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

CPL593H posted:

I hope not.

edit: They're already hilariously over reacting to this in GBS. Oddly enough the people reacting the worst are the ones who don't even like Jack White. I'm sure there's plenty more where that came from in the Vault's comment sections.

I love the GBS post that says Jack White is a bad guitarist because of an ICP collaboration.

The Vault is incredibly knee-jerky when it comes to the teeniest things, so I assume it's a cluster gently caress over there.

edit:
Speaking of Third Man Records, where's that special edition of "Rome" they announced ages ago?

Dissapointed Owl fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Sep 1, 2011

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
The Dirty Projectors/Bjork collaboration "Mount Wittenberg Orca" is up for pre-order.

Pre-order now and get a signed 10 x 10 inch print of the cover :D

Never really listened to the whole thing, except some high quality YouTube vids, so I'm really curious how it'll sound. It comes with a download, so I guess I don't have to wait to find out.

Dissapointed Owl fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Sep 2, 2011

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

CPL593H posted:

As far as I know GBS has always had a hate hard-on for Jack White, so that comes as no suprise.

gently caress, you can say that again:

The Maroon Ninja posted:

Just wanted to chime in and say that Jack white is an embarassment to guitar players everywhere.

:psyduck:

I couldn't pass up that Neutral Milk Hotel set. I am excited.

Neither could I but I still don't really know why, considering I own both the albums. Kinda hoping the box set is especially pretty :unsmith:

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

cosmicjim posted:

Too add, My Morning Jacket had to resend out the vinyl to everyone that preordered the special edition of their last album, because they got warped in transit.

Oh hell, I'd forgotten all about that. Should I have gotten mine yet?

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
What is a 'talking head'? :confused:

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Let's see what I've gotten in the last 2 weeks.

First up Clap Your Hands Say Yeah's latest album "Hysterical" on limited-to-500 blue(ish) vinyl and the latest Girls album "Father, Son, Holy Ghost on black and white vinyl with a bonus flexi-disc. Never even seen one of these. It's pretty cool but I can't get it onto the middle record player pin thing (there's probably a name for it) because the hole is too small and I don't want to force it. Oh well.

Also got the The Flaming Lips with Prefuse 73 and The Flaming Lips with Lightening Bolt EPs, and I finally got a cool black and blue colour and no record sleeve splits. Score! Also, Beirut's latest album "The Rip Tide on limited clear vinyl.

Ordered a copy of Lookbook's limited-to-500 vinyl release of "Wild At Heart" and instead got a copy of Decibully limited-to-500 vinyl release of "World Travels Fast"... ListeningPartyRecords immediately sent me the correct record and told me to keep the Decibully one... which I already had, but you can never have enough (free) copies of such an underrated band's album. :)

Also, Deerhoof's "Milkman" on limited-to-500 copies strawberry vinyl and a copy of Mark Kozelek's latest live album on clear vinyl, limited to 200 hand numbered copies, in a nifty packaging.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

BaDaBingRecords posted:

Hello friend!

NMH Records here, just emailing to let you know that we did get your order and that your box set is currently in production. We'll email you with updates as they arise. Thank you so much for ordering!

-NMH Records

:neckbeard:

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Jerry Cotton posted:

Probably depends a lot on the kind of music one listens to.

There is absolutely no loving excuse for Minus The Bear to pull that poo poo with Planet of Ice though. It's really annoying.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
New Vault package has been announced:

That's... fine I guess? I don't know. What's keeping my Get Behind Me Satan (re)release, Jack? This bootleg won't do :(

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Surfingelectrode posted:

Really? I think this is one of the worse yet. I'm sick of live albums and DVDs, and I couldn't care less about remixes...

How many Raconteurs live albums do we really need?

I guess I'm just sad that of all the packages I had to miss it wasn't this one or the Wanda one, but the Dead Weather one. :smith:

Dissapointed Owl fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Oct 8, 2011

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Kaboobi posted:

Got some random new records over the last week, hooray for colored (CLEAR IS A COLOR OKAY) vinyl!

Good to see E6's Heartbeats and Brainwaves there. I had to order via Ebay for 50 bucks because there is no loving way that they'll have copies when they finally hit Belgium or Netherlands.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Ear-X-Tacy is closing shop. They've been in business for 26 years and supported My Morning Jacket and other local artists consistently through their time in the Louisville community.

That sucks so much :(
They were really helpful when I contacted them and they totally sent me a package to Europe at my request even though they didn't advertise that they did international shipping.

Sales that bad huh?

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Anyone familiar with the indie game 'Shatter'? It had a kickass electronic soundtrack and they're releasing the soundtrack on vinyl in a limited run of a 1000 signed and numbered copies on blue vinyl.

I'd be all over this but $35 without shipping? Don't think so.

You can listen to it on the link.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Some new stuff that just came in.

'Terry Reid - Seed of Memories' Such an incredible album and I got a sealed copy for relatively cheap.
'Owen - Ghost Town' On clear vinyl. Sweet little album.
'Dirty Projectors/Bjork - Mount Wittenberg Orca' Actually blind bought this yet being a fan of both I was willing to take the chance. My copy came with a photo copy of the cover, signed by members of the band. Also, the cover is one of those lenticular ones, but this is the first time I've seen the effect work this well.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
I saw this record I'd really like but it's a signed picture disc...

Wouldn't that loving ruin the record though? Why would you do that?

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
After watching Scott Pilgrim vs The World for a second time and doing a complete 180 about it, I got interested in looking for the soundtrack on vinyl.

Holy poo pooBALLS

What the gently caress happened there?

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

Limited + colored vinyl + awesome songs + hipster cred = Pay out the rear end.

Wasn't the vinyl a Record Store Day release? Maybe not. Maybe you're not even talking about the price.

Yeah, definitely talking about the price. Jesus.

CPL593H posted:

How did you not think that the first time around? All the Sex Bob-omb songs were written by Beck.

I was a fool :negative:

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

I'm pretty sure they have a copy of that at Rasputin in sf. I've made a note to check the price next time I'm there.

If they have an extra copy for a reasonable price I will shower you with gifts (actually, paypal you money) if you get it for me :D

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
I don't even care about its strange and ludicrous resale value, I just want to rock out to some Sex Bob-omb :(

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

I work 4 blocks from there and never have anything to do on my lunch break. I'll check when I'm there. Do you have a price ceiling?

50 bucks would be my limit.

It only had a US release so the chance of it ever appearing here in Europe is zilch. So I don't mind paying extra for it. :)

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Some enterprising goon must have snagged it. I swear it was there the last couple of times I was there. Sorry to get your hopes up.

No problem man, thanks a lot for checking it out for me :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

Good point. A reissue seems like an inevitability to me.

I can get you a german bootleg for 40 bucks...

Not really worth it.