Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uncloudy day
Aug 4, 2010
Maybe it's not "vinyl" but it's not every day I find one of these sitting buried in a Goodwill. Woah!

Not very rare but I still think it's pretty cool if the signature is authentic. Xavier was the man.

uncloudy day fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Aug 16, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uncloudy day
Aug 4, 2010
I went to a yard sale in the country yesterday. When I asked if they had any records this guy with a huge beard led me into a musty old house with a collection of about a thousand records that he inherited, and no one, including himself, had looked through. I only scanned it for a couple minutes and got these for $2 each. Nothing too rare, but they all rule, especially the Luke the Drifter one.

There was also a Victrola and a bunch of cast iron cookware. Fuckin' love yard sales around here.

uncloudy day
Aug 4, 2010
Another goodwill find that I'm pumped about. I'm ready for some bloodcurdling terror and horror.

Spooky pic of the track listing:

And from goodwill I also got a LP of Dylan Thomas reading some of his poetry. I never knew those existed.

uncloudy day fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Oct 12, 2012

uncloudy day
Aug 4, 2010

Emetic Hustler posted:

Some rich people concierge service contacted me because their client was willing to pay 1000eur for a record in my collection. And it was just a couple of years old at the time, but I guess it was OOP then. In the end they found it somewhere else, but I should have sold it, because it got a repress a few years later anyways.

looking back on the times in my life that I’ve sold one of a kind or rare vintage items to extremely wealthy buyers, I regret not asking for a price in terms of their net worth. “a normal buyer would spend 0.1% of their net worth on this, it’s only fair to ask that of you too.”