Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Abu Dave posted:

Did anyone pick up any of the Air re-releases today? Quality? Packaging?

Mine are supposed to arrive tomorrow, so I can take pics if you want. I got Moon Safari, 10,000Hz Legend, Virgin Suicides and Talkie Walkie.

Enos Cabell fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jun 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Abu Dave posted:

Please do!!

Sure thing!

Does anyone have any advice on which pressings of Mr. Bungle albums I should grab? Some of the reviews on Amazon have me worried, and I'd rather not drop $30 on an album that's going to sound like poo poo.

e: looks like a year ago Patton said band-approved reissues are happening in 2015, so guess I'll wait and see what happens there

Enos Cabell fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jun 17, 2015

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Per request, here are some pics of the Air reissues. Amazon messed up my order a bit, sent Premiers Symptomes instead of Talkie Walkie, and Moon Safari was delayed a day.

Only listened to 10,000Hz Legend so far, and while I can't tell for sure if it was remastered, it does sound a hell of a lot better than my CD.

Glad that this is 2 albums, just wish it was gatefold instead.

Those are cutouts on the cover.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Got my copy of Talkie Walkie in today, and it's a loving mess. First track is un-listenable, pops and skips everywhere.

e: Amazon threw up a warning and stopped selling the album. Looks like a big batch are defective.

Enos Cabell fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jun 19, 2015

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Picked up Le Butcherette's album last night at their show with The Melvins in Omaha. Was hoping for some Melvins vinyl, but no dice. They did have some Altamont picture discs that I wish I had grabbed too now.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

BigFactory posted:

I bought a CD copy of Farmhouse by Phish at a salvation army once but the cd inside was Santana - supernatural. Not sure if that was better or worse.

I love Phish, but you definitely got the better end of that deal. They don't studio very well.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

The Audio-Technica LP-120 is already pretty much an exact clone of the SL-120.

Anyone know of good record shops in the Denver area? Hoping to hit a few up this weekend.

Enos Cabell fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Sep 3, 2015

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Awesome, thanks!

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Hit both Twist and Shout and Wax Trax today, and I gotta agree that Wax Trax was better. Great used selection and really good prices. T&S seemed to be mostly new releases.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I'll just leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCxyIKYJ-xo
http://www.merelslootheer.com/#!feats-per-minute/c1o5n

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

That reminds me, I need to go find a copy of The Pod today.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I don't know the technical term, but the new Baroness album loops a little section of music when you hit the end of side A. I've heard of that before, but don't have any other records that do it. It's kind of a nice little touch, I'm surprised more albums don't do it.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Thanks, pretty interesting stuff.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

There is a Barnes and Noble near work that I hit up over lunch break. Guy in the music section said that a "gross looking dude" (his words) was waiting for the store to open, and bought every copy they had.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

LOVETHEPOP isn't working for me. :emo:

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

The Yoshimi I bought elsewhere had the same extra sleeve.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

WASDF posted:

Saw Animal Collective last night and it was good stuff.

Have some download codes for their EP/LP Fall Be Kind and Feels :)

I snagged these. Thanks!

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

We also love gigantic photos.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

LP-120

I've got one and it's been great so far, pretty much an sl-1200 knockoff.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Is there a good jumping in point for The Residents? One of those bands that I've always been meaning to check out, but never get around to doing it.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

caligulamprey posted:

I find their album with Renaldo and the Loaf (Title in Limbo) to be a really good entry point, which is odd because the album doesn't sound like either The Residents or Renaldo and the Loaf, not too overboard when it comes to the weird.

Demons Dance Alone is their sweetest, most sincere, melancholy album they recorded, like, two weeks after 9/11 when they we on tour.

Not Available is my favorite album of all time, not just my favorite Residents album. It's otherworldly to the point that I can't imagine it being recorded by 4 human beings in a studio on the planet Earth. It was recorded and locked in a vault, the band deciding it would never be released until they forgot of its existence. It's intense, the production is primordial and thickly textured, but Not Available is the deep end of the pool. The stand-outs on the tour were definitely the Not Availavle excerpts.

Goddamn, I'm 100% sure I've gone on these tangents in this thread before and have probably said the exact same loving things. Oops.

Hah, hopefully it wasn't me asking before, but I wouldn't be surprised. Just listened to Not Available and it was pretty loving amazing. Also, am I crazy or did the Dust Brothers sample Part Four: Never Known Questions on the Fight Club soundtrack?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I died a little inside hearing Tupac and Dr. Dre referred to as "really old school hip hop".

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Mister Kingdom posted:

Dark Shadows – Music from the cult ABC soap opera.

Ok, I'm going to have to track this down. My parents were HUGE fans of this show.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I love Phish almost as much as they love to gouge the poo poo out of their fans.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I use the small version of these, and have been happy with them. https://amzn.com/B009NWX2WO

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

lu_ducky posted:

Good lookin' out. This is great! first time hearing this.

drat straight, just listened to it on youtube, ordered the album, then listened to it again. So good, can't believe I haven't heard of it before.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

lu_ducky posted:

I shouldn't have cheaped on the shipping for that Verocai release. I will now enjoy my split seam up top and a nice bend on the back right. :sweatdrop:

Yeah, mine showed up and was in pretty rough shape too. The actual album plays fine though, so all is good in the world.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Anyone picked up the Melvins Stoner Witch, Stag or Houdini represses? Wondering how they sound.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

lu_ducky posted:

I picked up the Houdini reissue and it was plenty clean and clear on the audio front. There's good space in the recording and those heavy songs feel like they have some good weight to them. I'm pretty satisfied with the Houdini release at least. Stoner Witch is on the list for the next pickup.

Cool, think I'm gonna go snag all three.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

New Goblin Cock album is up for pre-order. https://www.joyfulnoiserecordings.com/collections/new-releases/products/necronomidonkeykongimicon

There is a 2LP version on "halloween orange vinyl with blood red splatter" limited to 500 copies

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Yeah, needing a VIP membership sucks. I piggybacked on my brothers VIP, and he was able to cancel after making the orders. At least they do $5/month and don't make you pay for a full years worth.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

This is gimmicky as hell, but I would love a copy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQHnWnB26BE

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Marklar posted:

Thanks both. I'll probably end up getting a bootleg and hoping for a reissue.

Probably worth waiting until the new album comes out, see if they re-release some of the older albums around that time.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Barry posted:

A few of Becks early records are getting repressed and then the rest of them later. Hell yeah

Yeah, they started off with my two favorites too, Odelay and Sea Change. I saw that Vinyl Me, Please is doing a fancy looking edition of Odelay, but it's not cool enough to get me to sign up for that.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Sorcerer sick find

Is it that rare? Saw one in great shape recently and almost picked it up.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I don't have a huge collection yet, but I should probably at least have a list of my albums that I can access on my phone. Already had a few instances of buying an album I already had, or passing on one that I thought I had.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Sorry, but anyone with video game soundtracks in their collection doesn't get to talk poo poo on MLP weirdos.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I listen exclusively to hentai tentacle rape on picture disc, so my taste is unimpeachable.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Ughhh, be careful ordering from that site. On the last checkout page, it reverted my shipping choice from media mail to the $30 2-day shipping and I didn't notice. Now I get to see how good their customer service is.

e: they were quick to fix things, so yay!

Snowy posted:

Now that I look at their site more, Innovative Leisure has a lot of releases by people I don't know. Anyone notice any standouts in there to check out during this sale? I'm a sucker for 40% off.

I really dig BADBADNOTGOOD. They have III on vinyl

Enos Cabell fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Dec 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Thanks! Used the Grimes code, but it says it has 2 downloads remaining if anyone wants to try.