Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Hey MonsterEnvy, I appreciate that you're contributing to the discussion, but could you watch your punctuation a bit? It's kinda hard to read if you completely ignore the fact that commas and question marks exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

I'm not a fan of Regal's character, but I will say that he's got a damned unusual body type for a(n anime art-style) JRPG, and it kinda surprised me art-wise. Between the muscles and the square jaw, it's a lot more like something you'd see in western animation.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Hey MonsterEnvy, I appreciate that you're contributing to the discussion, but could you watch your punctuation a bit? It's kinda hard to read if you completely ignore the fact that commas and question marks exist.

I'm sorry, but my spelling and grammer suck. It's something I have always stuggled with. Sometimes I can get it right but normally it's awful. (Be thankful it's not 2009 when I could not even use periods.) Glad my reading is faster then average person to make up for my grammer and spelling.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Sep 29, 2012

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Part 2 ~ Odds and Ends

Now that we're done with Part 2 of Vesperia, I wanted to make a small update about stuff I forgot about, didn't get to mention, or intentionally omitted during the regular LP updates.

Let's start off with the scene we just had, the battle against Alexei at Zaude, and the changes in the PS3 version. Normally, this wouldn't really be noteworthy, it's basically just what needed to be done to make sure Flynn could be in the party during the battle. Instead of Alexei shooting Yuri, Flynn jumping in, then Alexei starting the elevator while they're distracted, Alexei just starts the elevator after he's done with the conversation and the party (well, Yuri only, but it's implied everyone does) jumps up. The scene with the shooting is moved to after the battle, when Yuri is attacking Alexei.

However! If you go into the battle with Flynn as your party leader, the scene changes a bit more:

Watch the PS3 / Flynn version of the Alexei confrontation! / Also read the dialogue here instead, because the dialogue from Alexei in the video is kind of a mess in terms of editing. Scroll down the "Please wait, Yuri!" from Flynn.

It's nothing special, but it's a nice addition. What isn't nice, though, is what they did do the in-battle-mode conversation with Alexei on the platform. You might notice it if you watched both the 360 video and the video just above, but they changed the music from the heroic theme that fires you up to this kinda bleh theme that was playing in the previous scene. I suspect they accidentally removed the music change trigger when they changed the scene around, but it's stupid nontheless.

Also, we got an achievement for beating Part 2:

Achievement/Trophy:

Ended Alexei's Ambitions

Getting away from that scene, the PS3 version adds a few minor but neat things that I don't believe I mentioned before.

One of those things is the Artes Ball Artes Sphere (to match Tales of Xillia's localization). This is a synthensizable item that allows you to set an additional eight Artes on the L1 button (or whatever you set in the Options I suppose), by holding the L1 button and using the normal Arte commands, both the Arte button and the right stick ones.

It's pretty useful.

Another new thing is the Special Flag R.

It's just what it says. In the 360 version, you can't set Repede as the party leader as he doesn't have all the required animations (can't remember which ones he's missing exactly, but I think ladder climbing is one). In the PS3 version, they added those, so...

It's kinda fun due to how silly it is, but sadly NPCs don't react differently or anything. Oh well.

Next, there's a new person in Dahngrest's western bar in the PS3 version.

That woman's called Sassoon, and she has the ability to combine accessories or costume pieces to new accessories or costumes.

You just talk to her and the game automatically recognizes if you have something to combine.

So for example, you can combine the glasses:

And the veil:

To this!

Or, she can combine Judith's normal outfit plus her dragon rider outfit:

To this:

It's a pretty cool thing, but is sadly brought down by the fact that you can't actually mix and match. There's a pre-existing set of combinations and that's all there is.

And, last but not least, I have been neglecting the end-of-battle conversations. So let's rectify that.

End-of-Battle Quotes - Beginning to Caer Bocram

End-of-Battle Quotes - Keiv Moc to Kogorh

End-of-Battle Quotes - Temza to Zaude

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Nov 1, 2016

SweaterGear
Jan 4, 2010

There's a Monopenguin! :swoon:
Party leader Repede! :3:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Estele: They're...bouncing...
Judith: What are you looking at?
Estele: I wish I could bounce...

Once again, proving the best kind of fanservice gag is the subtle one.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Watch the cutscene!

Ooh...aah...aah...

My room...? Why...?

...Didn't think she hated me this much.
Arg...

"...The leaders of the ancients possessed an innate power, and were called the Children of the Full Moon. The Shrine of Zaude received their lives and power. It sealed the Adephagos away, saving the world."

Okay... I still owe you my thanks.
So the Shrine of Zaude was powered by the lives of the Children of the Full Moon?
Humans brought forth the Adephagos, and lead it. Consider it...atonement. The few remaining Children of the Full Moon, together with the Entelexeia, decided on how the world would be. The Imperial family are their descendants.
So that's how the Empire started. And that's why that sword--the key to Zaude--will prove a true emperor.

For it is born of aer itself.
...You wanted to stop the Adephagos, too. That's why you were going around calming all the aer krene, right?
Correct.
Why didn't you ask for help from the empire or the guilds? You could have stopped Alexei if you'd done that.

What's more, the masses of humanity will never come to any accord.
So what are you trying to do? The Adephagos was too much even for that ancient civilization.
There is a way.

Why did you give me Dein Nomos? Why did you cooperate?

That is why... Nevermind. It is done.
...Wait, what are you going to do?

drat it...

What a chain of events! Alexei is dead, but now we have even bigger issues! It sounds like Duke is going to help with it in his own way, so that's good, right?

Anyway, Duke just took Dein Nomos from us, so hope you learned all the skills from it. If not, they're all available on other weapons too, so it's not too big of a deal.

(Honestly, was anyone actually fooled by Zaude pretending to be the final dungeon?)

Going outside, we quickly run into a cutscene.

Watch the cutscene!

Huh?

What's wrong? Oh!

Yuri! Woof!

Yuri, it's really you, right? You're not a ghost or something? Oh good, you have a shadow.
Yeah, I'm living! And yeah, that hurt!
Thank goodness, I'm so happy.

Repede just rushed out, all of a sudden! I was so surprised.
Thanks. I'm fine now.

Huh? Oh, yeah, I guess so.
I can't tell you how happy I am.
Sorry to make you worry.
I want to go tell everyone! They'll be so happy!
What's everybody doing?
Rita went to Zaude with Judith. She said there was a lot to study, being ancient ruins and all.
That's Rita.
Karol and Raven went back to Dahngrest.

...They're still like that?
Supposedly it's because of Zaude. They went to make sure the guilds didn't do anything rash.
First Heracles, then that... Guild or not, people are going to be on guard.
It's troubling Ioder as well. And Flynn is being Flynn and going off to all corners of the world.
Everyone's working hard.
They thought they should do what they can. Even without you...
Yeah...

Even Flynn took ships out to look for you so many times...
...I'm so sorry.

But thanks to you, I'm all fixed up.

Rita, Karol... They can all wait a little longer to see you.
Hehe, as you wish.

The next day...

Skit: After Zaude
Estelle, Repede. Sorry to worry you.
Woof, woof!
We were stuck on the top of Zaude. We couldn't get down. But Flynn, and all the rest of the Knights managed to help us.
Huh. Sounds like everyone had a pretty rough time.
But we're all safe now. All of us. I'm so happy...
Woof!
The aer crisis, Duke, the Adephagos...
We still got a mountain of problems to deal with.

Once again, not much to do, we just run back out for another scene.

Watch the cutscene!

I'm tired of all this "freeing the world" nonsense.
Just what is the Adephagos?
Who knows? A catastrophe. It can't be anything good. *Sigh* Guess I get to fight a big one this time.
It certainly is. So you're going after it?
It doesn't look like I'll have a normal life if I don't.

Yeah. That's enough, right?
Yes, it is.
I thought I heard a familiar voice! Oh, it's really you!

Don't go taking that young lady around everywhere. She must be tired.
What do you mean? Estelle, were you using your power?
She fixed up every wounded person who came back. We're all in her debt.
If there's anything else I can do, please let me know.
Nice to see the lower quarter's back to normal.

Don't worry. Leave it to Brave Vesperia.
There you go again. Just how are you going to close up that hole in the sky?
Boy: Hey, if anyone can do it, Yuri can!
Woman: Yeah! He never makes promises he can't keep.

Now you? What do you want?

...Just Yuri?

So I'm the only one with a bounty on my head? Nobody else?
That has nothing to do with the matter at hand!

What?
Someone high up is making a fuss about leaving you to do as you please. So...
You'd feel better putting the reins on me.

Take care!

...Heh heh heh.

Let's go! Arrest that man!

*Huff* *Puff*

Those knights are amazing.
They are...tenacious.

Note: In the PS3 version, you run into Patty here and she rejoins the party.

Oh!
Huh?

Estelle, I just came to get you.
Where's Rita?
Rita's in Aspio, putting together all of her research.

Yeah, if you don't mind me catching a ride.
Then let's go.

My heart was about to burst from worrying so much.
Yeah, right.

Waaaait!!!!

Goodbye, Knights!

Skit: The Adephagos Awakens
...Seeing the Adephagos just there, in the sky... It's horrible.
...Yeah. To think that catastrophe from the legend was hidden up there all along...
It's creepy.
It just showed up in the sky, out of nowhere. All the people must be so worried...
I'd rather see what we're up against than let it grow out of control somewhere hidden away.
Your spirit is amazing, Judith.
It might be a good thing to have the danger right out in front of us, though.
It'll bring together people who'd never get along otherwise.
True. When you can no longer deny the Adephagos exists, all that's left is to face it.
You're right.

And we're back on Ba'ul! Nice.

Our first order of business is getting our party back together. Judith was suggesting Aspio to get Rita, so we'll do that first. Next time.

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Oct 9, 2016

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
There's gotta be some kind of "Yuri is dead" fan theory from that. If there isn't, I'll make one myself.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Sodia made all that fuss and Flynn wasn't even dead? (Not that I thought he was, but it might have made her crazy a little bit understandable.)

Last update: The apocalypse was summoned into the world. We're all doomed. Oh, and the protagonist is falling to his death.
This update: Light-hearted banter and mild comic relief.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Momomo posted:

There's gotta be some kind of "Yuri is dead" fan theory from that. If there isn't, I'll make one myself.

If you think a knife to the gut and a 500-foot fall into a raging ocean is enough to kill Yuri Lowell then you do not know Yuri Lowell very well.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I think getting sneaked up on by a woman in full armor kind of discredits him a little.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."

...Didn't think she hated me this much.
No freaking joke. :stare: I wonder if anyone else knew about Yuri getting attacked like that or if they took measures about it. I sure hope so, I don't like that woman.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

I've always wondered just how long Yuri's out in the Act 2/3 transition. It has to have been at least a few weeks, maybe a couple months, judging from Estelle's comments.

Classy Hydra
Oct 30, 2011

You did wrong, Jack,
rest your soul.

Momomo posted:

I think getting sneaked up on by a woman in full armor kind of discredits him a little.

He was a bit distracted at the time by the sky breaking.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I kind of thought the Adelphagos, like, made landfall somewhere. Or was that it spreading across the sky?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Classy Hydra posted:

That's no excuse. :colbert:

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Glazius posted:

I kind of thought the Adelphagos, like, made landfall somewhere. Or was that it spreading across the sky?

It's just kinda floating up in the sky.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

Classy Hydra posted:

Sodia also attacked him right after the Big Core crashed on Alexie, and there was a really big dust cloud, along with Yuri being distracted. (not to mention Sodia only wears gauntlets, sabotons and a breast plate, so it's not full armor)

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Not to mention he actually DID hear it coming; he turned just in time to get shanked. Armor doesn't make you really slow by default.

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

A real avatar never dies, even when it's replaced!

HelloWinter posted:

No freaking joke. :stare: I wonder if anyone else knew about Yuri getting attacked like that or if they took measures about it. I sure hope so, I don't like that woman.

I don't understands everyone's hatred for Sodia now. Yea she did stab Yuri in the back, but if you look at the cutscene, she obviously wasn't in the right frame of mind. I can't hate a character for something they did, if what they did made no friggin' sense.

I still say she was being controlled.

Gullwhacker
Aug 11, 2007
Eh. I can see her twisted logic, if I squint right - Yuri's a known murderer who's a bad influence on Captain Flynn, playing havoc with his loyalty to the empire. Despite Mr. Lowell being a known criminal, Flynn just keeps letting him get away, time and time again - to the point that he even gets badly injured rescuing him. Enough's enough - if Flynn can't bring himself to cut ties with such a scoundrel, someone should do it for him.

At least that's my take. Pretty sure that's Yuri's take. His reaction to Sodia when they do meet up again is quite hilarious and appropriate, IMO - but I won't even spoil that here.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
A known murderer? I don't think he's told anyone but his friends and I'm sure that's not info they're just yelling out loud everywhere.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Oh hey, question to everyone. We're soon going to get a couple costumes for our party members. For story scenes, should I put some of them on, or should I keep the default ones and leave the costumes for sidequest content only?

I'm sure I already know the answer to this, but might as well make sure before I record.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Adus posted:

A known murderer? I don't think he's told anyone but his friends and I'm sure that's not info they're just yelling out loud everywhere.
Isn't he wanted for killing them now?

Oh hey, question to everyone. We're soon going to get a couple costumes for our party members. For story scenes, should I put some of them on, or should I keep the default ones and leave the costumes for sidequest content only?

I'm sure I already know the answer to this, but might as well make sure before I record.

You might as well put them on. One of my favorite things about Tales games is your ability to change costumes whenever you want.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

You've already established a precedent with Flynn's party hat.

Use the most ridiculous and inappropriate costumes you have access to.

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
I slapped a costume from that island on judith as soon as i got it and never looked back, so go for it I guess.

Classy Hydra
Oct 30, 2011

You did wrong, Jack,
rest your soul.
Use the costumes and never look back.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The goofiest costumes possible, and make sure that Raven is always using that costume

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."
I've never seen the Vesperia costume variations before, I would really like seeing most of them at least once. Goofy ones would be great, though. Are you going to show off all of them sometime within the updates, A. H. Curtiss?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Junkozeyne posted:

I slapped a costume from that island on judith as soon as i got it and never looked back, so go for it I guess.

The Blackjack dealer outfit?

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

The spoiler?

yes, the only viable costume for judith :colbert:

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

That costume is wonderful. :allears:

SweaterGear
Jan 4, 2010

There's a Monopenguin! :swoon:

Raitzeno posted:

That costume is wonderful. :allears:

And if memory serves me correctly, there is a rad accessory that goes with it.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

HelloWinter posted:

Are you going to show off all of them sometime within the updates, A. H. Curtiss?

Of course! Especially since everyone, as expected, seems to want them in story scenes.

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

Am I the only one who see a space vagina? :stare:

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Jeek posted:

Yes, you weirdo. It's obviously the mouth of Space Jagger coming to swallow the world.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Junkozeyne posted:

yes, the only viable costume for judith :colbert:

Disagree. The one that's the most complicated to get is way better.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Jeek posted:

Aactully those are it's arm's it's pretty much a giant octopus monster. Two of it's arms just happened to get close enought togeather to look like somthing else.

this is pretty much what the thing looks like right now but less clear.http://th02.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2011/040/2/8/terca_lumires__adephagos_ver__by_xaigatomon-d3953na.jpg

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

A real avatar never dies, even when it's replaced!

This is really a stupid question (and I'm kinda ashamed you asked it)

Of course wear the outfits. :colbert:

Jeek posted:

Oh goddrat you now I can't unsee it! :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I didn't mention this last update, but starting with Part 3 we have new world map and regular battle music again. They're alright.

Anyway, we were off to Aspio to get Rita.

Watch the cutscene!

Rita runs by, completely ignoring us.

It seems like she's blind to everything but her research right now.
...I can't really blame the people here for treating her like such a weirdo.
She looked so happy. She must have discovered something.
I hope so. Let's go and see.

Watch the cutscene!

Rita?

Hey, Rita!

Oh, it's you...how did you get into...wait, you're...?
Hi.

Ahh, sorry about that.
...Humph, well, whatever. I don't have time to argue about that. I have something very important to talk to Estelle about.
To Estelle?

Really?! That's great, Rita!
I learned lots of things when I investigated Zaude. Like how we might be able to apply the techniques used there. However...
That is related to Estelle's power as a Child of the Full Moon?
We need to interact with the aer to make it recombine freely according to a formula... This is something only Estelle can do.
If only I hadn't given Dein Nomos back...
Did you meet Duke?
Yeah. He saved me. Well, he said it was so he could recover the sword.
That sword's different from the Child of the Full Moon. I doubt it could be a substitute.
But that control formula you used on Estelle... That was to control the power of the Child of the Full Moon, wasn't it?
Yeah. So if we're going to control the aer with this theory, we have to release the control formula on Estelle.

But if we screw up, the aer will get even worse, and the world will fall to the Adephagos. Is that about right?
That's quite a bold plan.
I'm sure it'll be fine. Estelle...believe me. Lend me your power.
Are you scared?
No. I'm happy. I might still be able to use my power to help others. Rita. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.
So what exactly do we need to do?
Well, I'm not completely finished working everything out. Give me a little more time.
Okay. We'll go see Karol and Raven while you figure things out.
Great!
I'll go, too. I've got all the materials I need in my head. I'll let you know when I work it all out.
All right, let's go.

And there's our new objective for part 3: Figure out a way to control the aer. Although we're not sure on the exact method yet. Let's go get Karol and Raven in the meantime.

Skit: Glad Yuri's Safe - Women
Grrr. If he was safe, the least he coulda done is let us know!
That idiot!
Yeah, if we'd known he was okay, we wouldn't have wasted all this time looking for him.
But we wouldn't have known he was all right if we hadn't looked.
Which is why he shoulda let us know in the first place!
I mean, we looked all over!
We'd be too worried about him if we hadn't.
You were really worried, weren't you, Rita?
Wha...
It's good he made it back safe and sound.
Yes. I'm so glad. And just look how happy Rita is.
Hap--?!
Are you happy?

Karol and Raven are in Dahngrest. There's no reason to not get them right away, so let's just head there.

Skit: Rita's Research
A method for controlling the aer, huh?
I hope it goes okay.
Yeah. If it doesn't, we'll have to keep our end of the bargain with Phaeroh.
*Whine*
...So, shouldn't we stop it right away?
There's no real hurry. I'm sure they'll do fine.
Yeah, they can handle this.
Heh heh. I have faith in them now.
Woof!

Watch the cutscene!

That was...the Don's grandson, Harry...right?
Aaaaaah!!

You should've told me you were alive...

But I'm back!

We just saw Harry--did something happen to him?
Ah, there's been just a teency bit of trouble. The Union's kind of a ship without a captain, right now.

What's it?
I've got it! Apatheia. It'll work if I use apatheia.

Hold on. Forget the explanation. We wouldn't understand it anyway.
Oh, okay. The apatheia we gave to the Don should still be around, right?
...That was Belius' apatheia, the cyano ciel.

Really?! Cool!

Nope. But Harry actually might... Good timing, too. I was just about to take him back. Go to the Union headquarters. We'll be back there soon.

Heading over to the Union HQ puts us into another cutscene, though an unvoiced one this time.

Yeah... The Union is falling apart...
Cause nobody wants to step in ta take the Don's place. And the Don's heir ain't quite up to it. Come on, don't hang back, now.

Someone like me could never become a man like the Don was.
Nobody's sayin' ya gotta become a man like the Don was. We're just saying you should at least show up to the succession meetings.

Wow, that was quite a fastball, Rita...
...That apatheia belongs to whoever succeeds the Don. It's not given to outsiders.
What? Well, when will they choose a successor?
I don't know. Don't ask me.

Who's going to protect the city if the Union isn't.
What? That would be our guild, of course!

Altosk Member: I know that you sent in your Clouds of Dawn members to Zaude
The Union has never been outstripped by the empire. We cannot sit here and risk falling behind!
Altosk Member: I say it was imprudent. It could have been taken as the Union's hostile act against the Empire.
In that case, we would defend our honor on the battlefield.
Altosk Member: And who will be leading the battle? The Clouds of Dawn? If the Don got wind of that he'd burst out laughing.
So why don't you boys in Altosk throw your hat into the ring? Maybe then we'd see just how unpopular you really are!

But don't bring up a war between the guilds. This isn't a joke.

Karol steps forward.

That was the last thing that the Don said to me.
Karol.

I can't do anything by myself, but I have my friends! Because my friends are there for me, I can do anything! They're still there for me, even now.
Why isn't that good enough for the Union?!
The boy is right. The best thing that the guilds ever had was their ability to help each other. There is always a way to deal with things even if ya aren't some great big leader.
The Don told you that from now on, you have to walk with your own feet.

Offscreen Guild Member: You make it sound so easy, but actually--

If you've got enough spare time to be hanging around those idiots, you'd be better off using it to think of another plan.
Another plan... It's not that easy...

Harry approaches from behind.

...Here.

What do you mean?

Get a move on before the others realize it's gone.
Ta what do we owe this generosity?
I dunno. Maybe it just left a bad feeling in my stomach to get lectured by a kid like that.

Maybe there's some hope for that boy after all.

Next up, we're going to the Zopheir Rift. I'm going to use the inactivated aer krene that's there.
The Rift? We're going someplace cold again? Mind if ol' Raven waits here?
You'd rather be cold than have the world be destroyed, wouldn't you? Let's go.

Yeah, well, about that. Let's talk a bit about the rest of the game. Part 3 is rather short compared to part 2 and even part 1. I'd say it only accounts for about 10% to 15% of the whole game's storyline. However, the amount of sidequests is disproportionately high, and as you can probably imagine we unlocked a ton of them by getting the party back together.

Skit: Glad Yuri's Safe - Men
I'm so glad Yuri's okay.
Woof, woof.
Are you kiddin'? The Adephagos, the whole world goin' nuts... There's no way that kid would miss this.
You weren't worried, Raven?
Eh, maybe just a little.
But guys like him just keep gettin' up. No matter what happens.
So nah, I wasn't too worried.
Hah hah... You really believe in Yuri, don't you Raven?!
Woof, woof!
Aw, you're gonna make this old man blush.

Before we start with all this sidequesting though, I check up on synthesizable stuff.

Speed Charge: Increases the speed of charging up a Mighty Charge.
Safety: Occasionally earn more EXP by finishing a battle without taking any damage.
Second Attack: Karol's attacks inflict more damage on the enemy after the 2nd hit.

Combo Plus: Adds 1 more hit to a regular attack combo.
Combo Force: Mitigates damage from a basic combo attack.

Ability Plus: Follow a base arte with a second base arte once per combo.

Super Chain 5: Able to link altered to arcane artes.
HP Condition: Increases strength of physical attacks slightly when HP is more than 75% of max amount.
HP Condition 2: Increases strength of physical attacks when HP is less than 25% of max amount

Immunity: Reduces the chance of receiving status effects.
Life Healer: Recover HP after a battle.
Spirit Healer: Increases TP recovered after battle.

Half Damage: Damage inflicted will be reduced by half.
Quarter Damage: Damage inflicted will be reduced to a quarter.
Minimum Damage: Damage inflicted will be reduced to 1.

Aerial Combo: Adds 1 more hit to an aerial attack.
Magic 2: Increases spell attack by 10%. Increase due to equipment not affected.
TP Recover: Increases the amount of TP recovered.

Aerial Artes 3: Able to perform certain altered artes in mid-air.
Jump Cancel: Able to cancel actions with a jump.
Athenor: Altered Arte Skill.

Aerial Artes 3: Able to perform certain altered artes in mid-air.
Jump Cancel: Able to cancel actions with a jump.
Crucible: Altered Arte Skill.

Resurrect: Occasionally revive from KO automatically.

Item Thrower: Able to use items on an ally.
FS Bonus 2: Recover TP every time a Fatal Strike hits an enemy.
Alembic: Altered Arte Skill.

Item Pro 2: Increases duration and effect of items used during battle.
Life Up: Occasionally increase Max HP after a battle.
Vitality 3: Increases Max HP by 800.

Item Pro 2: Increases duration and effect of items used during battle.
Mental Up: Occasionally increase Max TP after a battle.
Spirits 3: Increases Max TP by 100.

Survive: Cannot be KO'ed by any attacks while guarding. HP will always be at least 1 while guarding.
Void Attack: Occasionally prevents staggering when receiving a physical attack.
Void Magic: Occasionally prevents staggering when receiving a magic attack.

And two attachments:

Skit: In the Don's Wake
It seems that the Union is still in disarray.
They relied on the Don for too much.
They're probably scared without the guy who used to decide everything for them.
I think I know how they feel.
Constantly worrying whether or not you're about to make some big mistake.
Well I can't understand being so afraid of messing up that you can't decide anything.
Wow. I agree with you for once.
The Union has to do a lot of thinking for themselves, now that they're without the Don...
Isn't that how it should be?
Absolutely.

And that's about it for today. Next time: A ton of sidequesting! And costumes!

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Oct 9, 2016

• Locked thread