Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Nobis: You haven't looked at what's inside, have you?

It was just a normal book. Looked like it had something ta do with economics.
Did you look inside, Raven?
So what if I did?
I mean, it's fine, but...what if the client had hidden something private in the book?
Oh, it's no big deal. No harm done if it didn't get in the way of the job.
An economics book, eh... Doesn't sound too racy.
It would've been funny if some romance novel was the proof of two guys' friendship!
Really...?

I may just be projecting here, but after those item descriptions and the guy's question about whether the party looked inside, I was totally thinking along the same lines as Judith. :gay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

By the way, this area name here:

It took me quite a while to find and edit the way the game displays those so I could replace the Japanese ones with the existing ones from the 360 version and make new ones for the five or so new places that have them. If anyone's interested I can post where they are and how they work.

I always enjoy a good nerdy curiosity when it comes to hacking tricks.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Awesome, thanks for the explanation!

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Raven had better not make a Face Heel Turn and leave the party forever the way the situation is currently implying, because he has the best loving lines.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

I'd appreciate a new page before the next update since there's gonna be quite a lot going on in it.

I will contribute to this noble cause!

Also, reading this LP makes me really wish I had a 360. :(

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

I liked the Symphonia dungeons and how they each had a different Sorcerer's Ring gimmick, personally.

On the other hand, Symphonia irritated the hell out of me with its "you can learn this technique or that technique but not both at the same time" system. I like having the ability to do everything dammit. :argh:

Yes I know you can tech glitch. But it's still a glitch and even then you don't get everything.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Would it have killed Phaeroh or Duke to mention that's what Zaude did rather than being all ~super-cryptic~? At least then we could've had our heroes trying to persuade Alexei that he's loving poo poo up (even if it probably wouldn't have worked).

Also goddammit Sodia, we get that you don't like him, but with looming catastrophes there are more important things to do than shank people we don't like.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Off-camera they did the "jump into the body of the JRPG protagonist map character" trick as Yuri was jumping up, and then jumped out of his body again once he'd made it. :v:

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

I'm not a fan of Regal's character, but I will say that he's got a damned unusual body type for a(n anime art-style) JRPG, and it kinda surprised me art-wise. Between the muscles and the square jaw, it's a lot more like something you'd see in western animation.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

You've already established a precedent with Flynn's party hat.

Use the most ridiculous and inappropriate costumes you have access to.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Flynn has a couple skills, but only one is interesting: Hero. A skill that is completely wasted on him, as there's no humanoid enemies in the battle you can use him in, and yet Flynn is the only party member who can get that Skill. I don't even know if it actually works, coding-wise, but I assume it does.

So, a skill that makes him better against non-humanoid enemies is a waste in a battle with no humanoid enemies? :v:

My guess is that it's basically a crutch skill to make his otherwise untrained and untrainable self able to pull his weight better in a battle where you're forced to use him.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Seems like it. I'm unclear as to whether the voices in Karol's dream were just from Karol's dream or if the other characters were saying those things so he'd hear them while dreaming.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Is this the first time we've actually gotten a somewhat good look at the Adephagos, aside from a general sense of sky tentacles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

I'm mostly just impressed that there's still stuff to do. Not being familiar with the game myself, I'd long since expected you to run out of bonus content to show off.

• Locked thread