Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

angerbeet posted:

New Futurama and New Ugly Americans? What a wonderful day!

It's a fabulous, crabulous day!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

sildenafil posted:

I thought it was funny that Bender, Nibbler and the Professor have the high scores on the game, and Fry's not even close to the Professor's pathetically low score even though he's an actual delivery boy.

I missed this...where was it?

Benders score is also FFFF in hex (also the max you can put into a 16 bit unsigned register) so obviously bender either cheated or he hit the score cap

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Monicro posted:

This is why I love this show, the fact that jokes like this is in it. My memory's a little hazy, but didn't they invent their own math formula for one episode (and it actually worked)? I remember reading about that a few weeks ago, and it's kinda crazy that that seems like an entirely plausible thing to see in a Futurama episode.

Fake edit: Found it, it was a Cracked article: http://www.cracked.com/article_19210_7-insane-easter-eggs-hidden-in-movies-tv-shows.html. loving insane.

The body switching one they came up with a new formula to get everyone back to normal. That may be what your thinking of.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Just remember, scootie puff jr. suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks!

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
These balls are making me testy!

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Yeah I have two framed posters in my house and they were custom made because I couldn't find a decent looking premade one and they cost way more than either of the things they're actually displaying. Like, a lot more and I'll never tell how much.

they are very nice frames though!

My mom used to frame pictures and poo poo for people, and the framing was never less than $600 as it's a pain in the rear end and the materials are very expensive if you want it to look good and hold up for years.

She would often frame things in frames that were at least double what it would cost for the item itself, and some of her frames ran in the $5000+ range because the wood/matting/glass were a special set.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

SirCantaloupe posted:

Duno why all the hate is flowing for this epsiode. I laughed my rear end off watching it. The ending was a bit unpolished, but otherwise I enjoyed it.

I've come to realize that the people that hated it aren't actually Futurama fans, and instead must hate Futurama. Why else have they hated every episode this season?

I liked the last episode quite a bit, and the only one I wasn't that big of a fan of so far was the one with the millions of bender clones. Even that one was ok though.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Jack of Hearts posted:

There are major problems with the new season, particularly the fact that the writers will abandon any of the series's long-running threads just because it's convenient. I put way too much thought into this the other day, and now I don't actually want to type up a bunch of examples, but I guarantee that if you go back and binge on the earlier seasons you'll be shocked and dismayed by how well separate episodes hang together when compared with the new stuff.

The original series had tons of inconsistencies between episodes and even within the same episode. 80% of their encounters with mom's goons as a prime example. The show frequently had trouble remembering where it left off the week before, let alone the year prior. It did a decent job of remembering a few key events, but they were fairly rare and far between compared to how things would have shaped up if they actually had true continuity. Heres the thing though, they even hit on it at a the end of an episode "It was just a matter of knowing the secret of all television: at the end of the episode, everything is back to normal."

You shouldn't be expecting it to be consistent with itself, as it has never been, and only kept the aspects of whats happened only when it suits the episode that they want to setup another joke.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Mr. Misrule posted:

That giant Bender on the game box is giving me Bender overload. And what's with the moustache? Bender doesn't have a moustache. Don't these board game makers have any respect for continuity?

Zoidberg would never throw money in the air. :colbert:

Or have enough money to put it in a bag.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

sebzilla posted:

Sure, but The Simpsons gives no shits about continuity whereas Futurama does sometimes when it feels like it (or when its funny).

Also I do other human stuff. I age. See?

Have you thought about this one. It's a damned cartoon. It's only going to keep continuity when it suits them and not give 2 shits about it any other time.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Coleman posted:

What're you, gay?

Anecdote accepted.
Snappy comeback not found.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

MokBa posted:

He's made of quote.

Quote? Quote! You're not looking at the big picture!

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

gregday posted:

Once they reach maturity, lobsters don't age. Zoidberg could be immortal.

Then explain Harold zoid.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Athenry posted:

Except he got old in "The Late Philip J. Fry"

And teenage mutant Leelas hurdles

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Steve Higginson posted:

But...

Once and for all!

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

sildenafil posted:

I can't believe that none of you nerds commented when Leela said she should have 205 bones. :colbert:

Well she's a woman, so she obviously doesn't have the penis bone. :pseudo:

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Hello little man. I WILL DESTROY YOU!

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

soupcan58 posted:

He he he... Kittens give Morbo gas.

People of Earth! I just have to say.... My hands are HUUUUUUUUUUGE! :catdrugs:

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

404GoonNotFound posted:

It's like they can touch anything but themselves.

...whoa :aaa:

Oh wait.

I think there was something funny in that hippie.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Plus they were each only adding a drop of cyanide. Now I may just be a simple country hyper-chicken, and not a fancy "M."D. but I know it takes more cyanide than that to kill someone.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Zorkon posted:

Considering the delivery method was a sharp axe, I don't think that would have been a problem.

Yes, it's the axe that would be the real source of the professors murderonomy. The cyanide serves no purpose in the rube goldberg murderology machine.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Cardboard Box posted:

I've been as dumb as Fry. :(

No I'm. Isn't.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Jerusalem posted:

NOTHING serves a purpose in the rube goldberg murderology machine, that's the whole point!

Then explain the wheel of axes. It served two purposes, to chop the salad and the expected demise of the professor. The rest of it could have been done away with by them just grabbing the axes of course.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Alter Ego posted:

MORBO DEMANDS AN ANSWER TO THE FOLLOWING QUESTION:

IF YOU SAW A SMALL CHILD IN POSSESSION OF DELICIOUS CANDY WOULD YOU SEIZE AND CONSUME SAID CANDY?!
Uh, well, I, uh...the question is-is vague. You don't say what kind of candy, whether anyone is watching or uh... At any rate, I certainly wouldn't harm the child.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

smashpro1 posted:

Shut up, dammit!
http://youtu.be/DTgBarzUgpU

Well, listen here, missy. Computers may be twice as fast as they were in 1973 but your average voter is as drunk and stupid as ever. The only one who's changed is me. I've become bitter and, let's face it, crazy over the years. And once I'm swept into office, I'll sell our children's organs to zoos for meat and I'll go into people's houses at night and wreck up the place.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/55873/futurama-catching-nixon

Cryptic Edge fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Aug 25, 2011

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

smashpro1 posted:

Well, the common cold isn't viral, either. It's bacterial. :eng101:

Ummm no. Its a virus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_cold posted:

The common cold (also known as nasopharyngitis, acute viral rhinopharyngitis, acute coryza, or a cold) (Latin: rhinitis acuta catarrhalis) is a viral infectious disease of the upper respiratory system, caused primarily by rhinoviruses and coronaviruses.

Edit - Your thinking of a sinus infection. A sinus infection can be treated with antibiotics, a virus can't, thats why theres a search for the cure for the common cold.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Mines ordered! Now I can play monopoly in all its futuristic glory.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blWLip8nl0E

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Guh!

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Martytoof posted:

Seriously disappointed that it doesn't come with a set of four fing-longers to move your pieces around the board :smith:

Thanks. Now I have to make 4 of them before I can play it when it does arrive. Bastard. Making me have to do 4 things

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

smashpro1 posted:

You want it to be two things?

Why you talking to my penis?

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Can I pull up my pants now?

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Jerusalem posted:

The Hyper-Chicken is a great character, and his children can feel proud of him... Daddy done good.

Seriously. Hyper chicken is great, he doesn't get too much screen time, so he doesn't get to be an old tired character; he is well fleshed out, for being such a minor character; and he has some great timed lines, that while don't always get an audible laugh are always entertaining.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Leovinus posted:

Well, for one, they done hired me as their defense.

Insanity plea accepted.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Killer robot posted:

Count me in with the Hyperchicken fans. While I might change my mind if he did a Scruffylike catapult into constant presence, as it is he's one of those characters where I at least smile a bit whenever he shows up.

Exactly, one or two episodes a season, and no more than 3 scenes per episode and its the perfect random appearance for him.

If he was on more than that it would be a bit much for him as a minor character.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

DrBouvenstein posted:

RobotgetsboredandkillsFrywithahammer! I'm sorry. Go on

That was so bad I think it gave me cancer.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Practical Demon posted:

However, you have the job.

WoooHooo! Another thing I'm great at!

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

trouser chili posted:

REMEMBER ME!
/shoots flames from eyes

Its too exact if you ask me, tear it down and build it again.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

trouser chili posted:

REMEMBER ME!
/shoots flames from eyes

Its too exact if you ask me, tear it down and build it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

superjew posted:

You know the worst part about being a slave? They make you work all day but they don't pay you or let you go.

That's the only thing about being a slave.

• Locked thread