Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug
What keeps recurring to me:

During the alcohol shortage, what happened to all the other robots? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

Pillbug

Dr. Gene Dango MD posted:

Futuramas been back nearly a month and I've had no idea?! This has to be fixed immediately!

So the current run of episodes is labeled as season 8 but actually it's season 7's run? And if you don't count the movies as season 6 it's season 6 or 7? This is more confusing than Classic and revival Doctor Who seasons, and that's saying a lot.

Given the first run was produced as 4 seasons and aired as 5, it's been weird a long time now.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

Pillbug
I was on the fence about most of this episode, but Leela's tragic success at the end sold it to me. Wasn't one of the best, but I enjoyed myself.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

Pillbug

Blind Pineapple posted:

Because he's the only president to serve two non-consecutive terms, so he's technically the 22nd and 24th US president. That was a nice touch.

Overall, I thought the episode was ok. The documentary explaining the alternate history was great. It reminded me a lot of the Past-o-rama theme park, one of my favorite Futurama sequences.

They did two Grover Clevelands the first time they visited the Hall of Presidents too, so it's not unique to this episode. But it's still cool.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

Pillbug
It's not one of those episodes that takes everything I expect of its familiar themes and turns out crazy brilliance I never saw coming. On the other hand, it was an episode that kept me laughing the whole time through, and I can't complain about that.

Leela and Fry? I can comfortably slot them in as being in some weird on-again off-again relationship if anything, and given that in the future everyone has the apparent attention span of gerbils anyway that's fine.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

Pillbug
I loved The Honking too, gotta admit. Sadly, "space Scotland" is a lot less clever a place to have a monster story visit than "robot Transylvania", but I can cope.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

Pillbug
I guess now we know why he got degrees in murderology and murderotomy.

Also: my "laugh too hard" moment was Amy irritably stuffing her kidney in her pants; and I guess here we get one of the more touching episodes people have been missing.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

Pillbug
I liked the running joke that no one ever knew or remembered Scruffy, but I'm fine that it ran its course and he became a recognized member. Not that he can't be overused, but I don't mind the joke moving on.

Also, I imagine if the last episode had happened in that era it just would have been "Fire Scruffy instead of Zoidberg? Over my dead body! Who's Scruffy?"

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

Pillbug
I recently went and rewatched some of the second episode to check on something. Oh, how different everyone's voices were, either from now or from the later seasons of the original run. The Professor was probably most striking. Fry and Hermes were really notable too though. But the voices were still new and settling in then.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

I can't remember which voice actor it was, but on one of the commentaries they mentioned that they digitally lowered his voice much deeper but didn't actually tell him. When he came in to do the same character for another episode, he did the voice just as deep as it had been after digital enhancement, because he'd heard it, thought that was how he did it originally, and made his voice change to match :psyduck:

That was for Morbo, who was supposed to have an inhumanly deep, digitally altered voice, but then he just ended up doing it naturally.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

Pillbug
Come on, this is all math. And we know he's not that kind of robot!

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

Pillbug
Count me in with the Hyperchicken fans. While I might change my mind if he did a Scruffylike catapult into constant presence, as it is he's one of those characters where I at least smile a bit whenever he shows up.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

Pillbug

superjew posted:

Am I mistaken, or were the anime character models based on some fan art that's been around for a while?

What spankmeister said. The only anime type fanart I recall offhand was this one:

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

Pillbug
Uh-oh, it's another one of Fry's dogs.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

Pillbug
I found the Futurama reference in the Fallout: New Vegas DLC!

Uh-oh, it's another one of Fry's dogs!

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

Pillbug
The censorship stories about making the show are always the best.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

Pillbug
I never get tired of wildly different styles of Futurama fanart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

Pillbug

John Dough posted:

Robot, experience this tragic irony for me!

Okay, look, I'm not that kind of robot. I'm more this kind.

• Locked thread