Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Did anyone notice the professor's girlfriend from the episode with the tax rebate just hanging out in the background? She wasn't doing anything, she was just kinda...there. It was weird.

And the grey goo is severely underused in sci-fi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Dheni Walsh posted:

They haven't broken continuity any more than they did in the old episodes. They don't address the fact that the year is one week longer, or that Kif and Amy and Leela have children and I haven't seen Zapp do anything for DOOP in years. Their ship is always repaired instantly (as someone already said) and it sure didn't take long for the Prof and Hermes to get better after being digested by the HGB, Zapp and Fry's pelvises sure cleared up in a hurry and when Bender was steering with his rear end he destroyed numerous Earth monuments in their current 21st century locations that were supposedly meant to be moved to some beach by a super villain president.

I could go on but the point is the genius continuity comes from subtle call-backs (such as, "that's almost 10 per year!") and interesting character development, which remained present throughout the first 13 of this season and was maintained in these two. I particularly enjoyed seeing some of Amy's clumsiness...classic Amy.

What about that robosexuality episode that undid everything that was established in the pirating episode?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

sebzilla posted:

They all got rust beards. Even the fem-bots.

Well except robot 1X. He runs on pollution.

Good thing too, it'd be hard to find a mouth and chin to put a beard on.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

For some reason, Comedy Central is just a rainbow pattern on my TV.

No episode for me. :(

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Did Zoidberg get his equivalent of an erection while fighting clamps? :psyduck:

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

How many times has Fry died?

All I can think of are the robofry/roboleela episode, the spacebee episode, and the Late Philip J Fry.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The joke they made with Scruffy in the last episode was the exact opposite of what the central joke of Scruffy's existence is supposed to be.

None of them know who he is or that he works there. Why would they be up in arms about the Professor threatening to fire him?

Edit: On second thought, they made 3 jokes with Scruffy, didn't they.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Alter Ego posted:

My name's not Slick.

It's Zoidberg.

JOHN. F*CKING. ZOIDBERG.

When I first heard that quote, I had forgotten Zoidberg's whole name, so I thought he just pulled "John" out of one of his many alien crevices. :zoid:

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

They should've used that as the closer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The goddamn subtext is so thick you could cut it with a knife.

• Locked thread