Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
The worst episode of the first half of the season, and possibly the whole run, is Holiday Spectacular. There's no arguing that point.

Watch the eyePhone episode again, it's really not that bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Martytoof posted:

Correct!

no wait, the other thing --

Wrong!

Your music opinion is bad and you should FEEL bad!

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Scoobi posted:

I like that this thread is just endless good futurama quotes, and that the mods allow this to happen. I laugh constantly at all this.

Freedom freedom freedom OY! Freedom freedom freedom OY!

FREEDOM!!!!!

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Martytoof posted:

Yeah I mean it's not unexpected, I just don't notice as much of a deviation from the norm from any of the other characters as I do from Bender.

Fry sounds hugely different to me in the new ones. Moreso than any other character, especially Bender. Bender's actually one of the ones I thought hadn't missed a beat.

I just can't decide if Fry sounds different just because Billy West is getting older, or he's consciously making Fry sound a little different as Fry gets older.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Martytoof posted:

I thought this one was pretty good :)

I don't really have any major complaints, which is odd for me. I guess I wish we could have seen a little more Brit'd NYC :3:

Yeah, this one was pretty good. If I had to complain, I would say they wasted a lot of time at the beginning. They could have had a good thing going if they got to the past much quicker, then act 2 was Brit'd NYC, and then in act 3 we could have actually seen them fixing their poo poo in the past.

Still, after last week's horrorshow, it's hard to complain.

Also, I'd kill for an avatar-sized animated gif of the Brit-Professor puffing on his pipe every 20 seconds or so. I've had this avatar for like a year and a half now, it's time for a change!

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Martytoof posted:

Oh hello did someone ask for a thing

I can make you the normal 125x125px version too if it's too ostentatious. Though the lack of a candelabra probably means it's not.

Wow I didn't expect it so fast. You're alright, for a Canadian.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

superjew posted:

I am slightly upset that Bender didn't have the same accent as he did in "Bender Gets Made", old...spice.

That was the accent of a king. In this episode he was but a mere commoner.

Oh, you've been as dumb as Fry!

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Best of the half season!

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

livingfruitvirus posted:

How come the ratings are such poo poo this season? Last summer they started at 3,000,000 and stayed in the 2,000,000s for the rest of the season. This season it can't even break 1,500,000.

Last year it was "OMG NEW FUTURAMA IS BACK ON THE AIR AFTER 7 YEARS WOOHOOO" but now the luster has worn off and it's just another show.

To be honest, CC has already renewed the show for another season, which they will then again probably split into two half seasons. Unless the quality picks way the gently caress up*, I can't say I'd be super upset to see it end after that season. I just hope they know in advance whether or not they're ending so they can make a proper finale. Though that may be a bit unfair. I really should have no reason to doubt them since they have an excellent track record for "just-in-case" series finale episodes.

*I'm not saying that the new season is bad, just that the ratio of great episodes to so-so episodes is worse than it was during the original run.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
The seven-leaf clover is what led Fry to find out about the science fair, which is the reason he was able to save the entire island of Manhattan in 3011.

That is one lucky clover.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
As a series finale, it would have been kind of a letdown. But as a season finale (which I know it isn't but story-wise, it pretty much is) it was pretty great. It was an above-average episode for the season that finally addressed and possibly advanced the Fry/Leela relationship everyone has been bitching about.

Martytoof posted:

This one was okay. I have no strong feelings one way or the other :geno:

Your neutrality SICKENS ME. :mad:

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Coleman posted:

There's no bus to Jersey City...

I'm gettin' on the bus!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Cojawfee posted:

I thought having Seymour there was stupid. The episode actually gave me a few laughs. Though it did finally cement in my mind that The Simpsons should just end. None of the characters besides the immediate Simpson family sounds the same at all. Even then, Bart is different.

Marge sounds pretty different too. It's pretty lovely that there's a strong likelihood in my opinion that we never get a proper Simpsons series finale because one of the main cast is going to die or be incapacitated before the drat show ends.

• Locked thread