Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate
Excellently written; I have two things to add:

Dheni Walsh posted:

One of the greatest things about this show is that it maintains cannon unlike nearly any other animated sitcom. It's not quite Dragon Ball, but it is definitely no Simpsons. Stuff that happens generally stays happened, while everything we care about tends to remain right where it is.

Some great examples of the continuity of the series include the earth now spinning the opposite directions, so that the sun sets in the east, and ships no longer being fueled by dark matter/poop, but good old reliable whale oil.

Dheni Walsh posted:

...including Zap Brannigan.

WHEEEEEEEEEE!

He's actually the man with no name, Zapp Smith... Brannigan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate

sildenafil posted:

Wasn't there a WHEEEEEEEEEE! .gif posted in the previous thread? If so, I demand it be added to the OP. :colbert:

I'll be what I wanna do.

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

Dheni Walsh posted:

It was waffleimaged and cannot be reused sadly. If someone saved it and/or made one I'd be happy to add it. In the mean time I put something just as indicative under the image to express the Zapper in all his, um...glory?

Also updated to fix my booboo regarding Hermes/Bender which I ask you all forgive me for...I smoked a lot of paperwork in my day :420:

That's not a cigar!

Also it's not mine.

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

LooseChanj posted:

Is this the thread with the blackjack and the hookers?

No that was the old thread. It's dead now.

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

The Comedy Network didn't pick it up?

Could they not afford to break up their Brent Butt comedy block?

Glad I get Comedy Central where I am, I guess.

But, uh, I thought the horn was the human wing-dang-doodle.

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

Dheni Walsh posted:

Of course I'm not planning on stealing that gif!!:mad:

The Something Awful Forums TVIV Futurama Thread does not endorse the coooooool crime of stealing.

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Why do they call it an Eye-Phone?

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

DaveWoo posted:

Also, Molten Boron.

Nobody doesn't like Molten Boron!

Too many bones? Not enough cash? Call CASHBONE Now!

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

LooseChanj posted:

Last night I had this dream about Lightspeed briefs.

We all feel that way, all the time.

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

SeXReX posted:

Jamaican?!?!? I thought you were some kind of outer space potato man.
Oooooh! A snack table with muffins!

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

appropriatemetaphor posted:

And what's the deal with airline food? They give you two choices but they're always out of one!

...By the way we're out of both choices-

On Earth, you enjoy eating a tasty clam. On MY planet, a CLAM enjoys eating a tasty YOU! :zoid:

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

Stonefish posted:

Yakov Smirnoff said it.

superjew posted:

Johnny Carson said it.

No he didn't.

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

axleblaze posted:

Put on four episodes of "The Office"!

No it's not, it's Juicy Couture!

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

Gorilla Salad posted:

Apart from at the end when Fry was transported from White Planes to the Planet Express building in the middle of New New York :colbert:

White Planes is a suburb of New New York, therefore local :colbert:

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

Sensible posted:

Slipped to Page 2?

That dog won't hunt, monsignor.

This is my robot, Bender. And this is my other robot, Bender.

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

Athenry posted:

Bender? That was the other guy, call me Boiler.

By the way, call me Bender.

Help, Blender, you're the only one of us who's sober!

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

thexerox123 posted:

I was so happy about this reference. I wonder how many people got it?

I missed it. I was titty much protally fitshaced when I saw that part.

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

indigi posted:

Just one new episode tonight?

You want me to do two things?!

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

Physical posted:

The whole episode was great, like a balloon filling up with something and something good happens!

What?! I thought I just had laryngitis and antigravity!

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

Brett824 posted:

This Thursday's episode has become one of my least favorite episodes in the entire series thus far (as in, out of any season). After watching it a second time, you realize the dialogue consisted entirely of one-liners or really contrived ways of advancing the plot. The story in general didn't have a great arc and felt very inconsistent. There was an attempt at adding some emotion to the episode but it just felt forced and impossible to connect to.

Also I really wasn't digging any of the gags with the robot devil.

You changed the outcome by measuring it! :argh:

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

Martytoof posted:

It's amazing the way you NOTICE TWO FANS :3:

You want me to boo TWO TEAMS?!

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

Coleman posted:

What is this? *sniff* Another bathroom?

Coleman, how do I flush you?

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

sebzilla posted:

Golf cart. :eng101:

Thundercougarfalconbird. :pseudo:

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

Bloodnose posted:

He still sounds sorta old. Sorta real old.

drat this predictable colon!

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

Athenry posted:

What if that thing I said?

Athenry, we just quoted that.

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

LooseChanj posted:

And if your programming told you to jump off a bridge, would you do it?

Is there a burn ward within 8 feet of here?

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

Winners don't play video games.

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

I could use a shot in the arm. Ack! I got shot in the leg!

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

Wow! That would be impressive if you were a human!

:sigh: Yeah...

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

Graduates, you are officially cops! Now move it along, nothing to see here.

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

What have I will have done?!

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

Not gonna lie... I saw that last punch-line coming hours before it happened.

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

Coleman posted:

Just when I think I have you SA Futurama fans figured out. I didn't watch last night but just caught it now, and assumed I'd come back to "man they did a spoof, HOW BORING AND DROLL."

Good on you! I adored that episode. The Man-Woman Chief is going to be my new favorite character.

"You'll scuff your boobs" -Chief O'Manahan

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

LooseChanj posted:

See it used to be milk, and... well, time makes fools of us all!

Dirty boy. Dirty boy!

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

LividLiquid posted:

What do we want?!

A glass of warm milk and a good night's sleep.

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

Alter Ego posted:

Yes. Throw him in the tube. It was my idea.

I call it Caribbean Draino.

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

Coleman posted:

I've gotta go drop a big one.

I'm going upstairs to put batteries in things.

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

LooseChanj posted:

A woman like that you gotta romance first!

I find that the most attractive part of a woman is the boobies.

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

L33t_Kefka posted:

In the year 109109

If man is still alive
If robot can survive
they may fiiiiiinndd....

It turns out it's man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

SeXReX posted:

ever since that zoidberg one Ive been making gifs on gifs tonight, gotta feed Google+ somehow.

I prefer gifs in the format, "World's Blankiest Blank"

• Locked thread