Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

That was a great episode, actually felt like old school Futurama and had me laughing out loud at a few points. More episodes like this please!

Martytoof posted:

Just something that popped into my head which may or may not be true, but they seem to be writing Fry REALLY really whiny lately.

Like it just seems to me like he used to be dumb but now he's dumb and whiny.

One of the very first lines we heard from Fry in the pilot was "I hate my life, I hate my life, I hate my life...".

He's always been whiny, it's just that the novelty of living in the future excited him for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

SeXReX posted:

ever since that zoidberg one Ive been making gifs on gifs tonight, gotta feed Google+ somehow.

When it comes to things like this, does anyone else see it as being directly Fry's fault? Prior to his unfreezing the very concept of garbage was unknown in New New York, now just a couple of years later they have the most wasteful products imaginable.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

This is probably as good a place as any to ask, but what is the deal with Matt Groenings signature always appearing on official Simpsons and Futurama images?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

The on again/off again thing with Fry and Leela doesn't bother me. They are obviously just casually dating. The fact that Fry isn't constantly pining over her seems to make this clear.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

That rube goldberg mercy killing machine is even funnier when you consider how widespread suicide booths are. It initially seemed a bit out of place to me until I realised that the Professor probably would want to be killed by something as unnecessarily complicated as possible.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Leovinus posted:

The only thing that's going to bother me now is that the Professor/Zoidberg relationship just isn't present in any of the other episodes. I quite like the idea of the Professor and Zoidberg being close old war buddies, but in every other ep Farnsworth treats Zoidberg pretty much like everyone else. Doesn't even call him Johnny any more.

It's not a complaint, I just hope that the relationship is adjusted a bit after this ep.

The professor is horribly senile, and also since Zoidberg was obligated to hang around he probably didn't see a need to treat him especially well.

It does go back to explaining some things though, like Zoidbergs luxury quarters on the Titanic.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I'm just satisfied that the smug little nerd kid never got to finish his experiment.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

It was a good episode, agree with the people saying that the ending didn't quite fit though. As a standalone episode great, but feels like it was missing a final writing pass to pull everything together just that little bit tighter.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

It hasn't occurred to anyone yet that Benders brain is apparently in his butt?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

That was a lot better than I expected. The only thing that would have made it better would have been having the Anthology of Interest narrator (Maurice right?) between the segments.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

charismaslover posted:

Thanks!

I just picked up the Volume 5 Blu-Rays and I'm enjoying listening to the new commentary tracks, it makes even the 'stale' new episodes entertaining.

I think I'll track down the new episodes sooner now. I wish they would do a full 26 episode season instead of splitting them into two 13 episode seasons though.

I haven't got around to buying the discs of the new season yet but I think I am going to have to purely for the commentary, is it as good as the commentary on the original run episodes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

We're back baby.

• Locked thread