Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dheni Walsh posted:

One of the greatest things about this show is that it maintains cannon unlike nearly any other animated sitcom.

Dheni Walsh, you smelly idiot! It's spelled canon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

angerbeet posted:

drat you Comedy Central :argh::hf::canada:

The Comedy Network didn't pick it up?

Could they not afford to break up their Brent Butt comedy block?

Glad I get Comedy Central where I am, I guess.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jamesman posted:

I think I'm all caught up with the series, but I might have missed something.

When did Dark Matter return? I thought in one of the movies, it became light and crumbly and useless, but then in the series Nibbler's back to taking super-heavy dumps again.

Dark matter is still super heavy, it's just not useful as fuel anymore.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

smashpro1 posted:

Anybody wanna play Dungeons & Dragons for the next quadrillion years? :q:

I'm a tenth level Vice President.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Martytoof posted:

What time does this party start? Because I have to know when to stop reading the thread since we can't see this in Canada.

I can, but that's because I'm not a penniless hippie.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Coleman posted:

The one called "smelly hippie" is correct.

*Inserts tape*

Your mother.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

One dip in that toxic muck and your DNA will be permanently mutated. You'll grow a camel hump, or a Coleman face.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Physics is getting its rear end kicked.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

IUG posted:

The Alley McBeal episode.
... having lots of sex.

That one made sense scientifically, though.

Sort of.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

IUG posted:

In hindsight that episode still works, and yes, the 1,000 years of travel time works too (for those who don't know, Lrrr's planet is exactly 1,000 light years away). However, it's still importing pop culture into Futurama. However, I don't see the iPhone episode getting any better over time.

Yeah, but the question was about why the Planet Express cast that are not Fry know about present pop culture. In that case I think the others actually don't know about the show, just Fry.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SlothfulCobra posted:

What about that robosexuality episode that undid everything that was established in the pirating episode?

The pirating episode predates Roswell That Ends Well. Butterfly effect.

Alternately the new universe, in addition to being off 10 feet, differs from the old one in matters of sex with robots.

Alternately SHUT UP!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The speed of light was sped up in the future.

Doy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

IUG posted:

This is the answer David X Cohen (I'm sure I spelt his name wrong) gave in a commentary too.

Well, I'm not sure he said 'Doy'.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Nope, I thought all three episodes have been good but this was the best one of the half season so far. Fry saying,"I dunno... Fry?" when asked his name was just hilarious.

The best part, even if it wasn't intentional, is that on The Simpsons commentaries they always say that the line for how stupid Homer can get is that he can never forget his own name.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The censor joke with the pizza was one too many rakes.

That's about my only complaint.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Blind Pineapple posted:

I loved Clamps' real name being Francis X. Clampazzo.

The Billy West joke seemed kind of shoehorned in, but the character Billy West was hilarious. Too bad we'll never see him again. I thought the dark comedy stuff worked really well with the oil coming out of Billy's mouth and the end where the crew celebrates the fact it was just some random guy (well, robot) that got killed. I didn't even catch his kid the first time around, but sure enough, there's a little half-Bender/Crushinator in a high chair at the dinner table.

Overall, a good episode, even though the Bender death bait-and-switch has been beaten into the ground this season.

It's okay, he was just faking it. Bending Units can be shot in the chest cavity by the Robot Mafia and function just fine.

Billy is just lucky it wasn't a can opener.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

a pipe smoking dog posted:

But he wasn't a bending unit, he didn't even know how to bend.

He used to be a bending unit but his hard-drive was erased.

Is any of this getting through to you?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hey look, it's the Manger Babies.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't buy that Fry can read cue cards.

Immersion shattered.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Prof. Spaceman posted:

Okay, I'm getting sick of Fry inexplicably having excessive knowledge of things from ten years after he was frozen.

Are you saying Lady Gaga doesn't have the staying power to continue famehagging for 1000 years?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

lelandjs posted:

Yeah I think it was pretty obvious that whoever wrote that episode doesn't like childrens' television much.

Or orphans.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Although I would love to see a sitcom episode about a guy witnessing a mob hit that leads to moon hillbilly murder.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fry and Leela threw it. He's trying to catch it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Those liars, there's no app.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

kdc67 posted:

It's number 6 in the top free apps in the app store.

drat it, Canada.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Leyburn posted:

Yeah I'm the same, it was really good up until it turned into a stream of the usual tired old Brit gags.

Tired current British jokes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Since the thread title isn't a direct quote you're not allowed to use quotation marks.

To borrow a quote... Boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

TravBot posted:

I'll quote what I wanna do!

That's what I wanted you to think with your soft, human brain.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MariusLecter posted:

You're my best friend, Aphrodite, I'm sorry I treated you so badly.

Apology accepted. After all, you're only human.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Martytoof posted:

New series voices sound a little more exaggerated than they used to be, to me at least. Almost hammed up for the part. I'm not saying they didn't ham it up in the original run, but more than the sound of the voice it feels like they changed the delivery and attitude just slightly. Enough for me to notice. I mean, opinion can differ, but that's how I see... er.. hear it.

I notice this most in Fry, Farnsworth, and Bender.

Zoidberg and Hermes sound the most consistent to me. Leela is fine, and I don't really pay that much attention to Amy so whatevs :3:

Most likely it's because they forgot how exactly to do the voices during the Dark Ages.

When the movies were made they had to go back and watch how they did them, and of course you're never going to get it exactly the same.

Leela's stays consistent because it's just Katey Sagal's real voice, and some like Cubert stay the same because Kath Soucie is terrible and uses the same voice for everything.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

US only though. Bastards.

I guess that should be expected from the name USAopoly, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Prettiest color ever in black and white, fundamental building block of the universe in pixel art.

Wonder what the third thing will be.

• Locked thread