Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Sub.fm if they're still about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

After all these years... Raiden can still kill it

https://soundcloud.com/raiden/fearful-xiii-raiden-rmx

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Stravinsky posted:

oops its slang for snitch or something I don't live in the UK so I didn't know

I do live in the UK and didn't know that so..

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

I saw Aphrodite last weekend, and he played a complete banger of a set full of old school Jungle.

Also saw Shobaleader One, and Squarepusher gets more wanky and less good with age :/

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

titty_baby_ posted:

sounds like a blast. its been too long since ive been to a jungle/dnb show. shame about squarepusher though, what didnt you like about him?

& yeah that is a benga throwback track

If you're anywhere near London the Bangface events at electroworks are great.

Squarepusher isn't quite as bad as venetian snares for playing avant garde stuff at a rave, but he's pretty much just doing jazz now.

Apex Twin a fee years ago, for comparison, played a ridiculously banging set of stuff I'd never heard before.

Chris Clark was incredible as well, had some crazy spooky dancers on stage and killed it. Luke Vibert amazing as always, and even though baseline isn't really my thing, TQD are really fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

mrfart posted:

I remember there was a bit of collective staring down on people who tried to do similar stuff at the time.
His style was so unique, that anybody making music in the same vein was, not always justly, seen as almost plagiarizing.

Or at least that's the feeling I got 10 years ago here in Belgium, when I came at an end of what was never a dj career.

In a way that reminded me of the time when I started dj-ing (yes I'm old), and DJ Shadow's Endtroducing came out.
It was rightfully seen as a masterpiece, but it also had such a unique thing going, that others almost made an effort steering clear of doing something like it and might get them branded as fanboys.

100% with you on this, Entroducing was out there even in that era of trip-hop etc.. and an absolute masterwork, took Shadow forever to start living up to the promise of the first album.

Untrue came out at a weird time when I'd started clubbing again, so it was always on at like 4am on the way home. Is there a name for that genre of music you always listen to after a night out, waiting on the first bus?

• Locked thread